Proposal: Kessel to LA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Proposal: Kessel to LA

To LA: Kessel, Ference and a 2nd

To Boston: Jack Johnson and a 1st

Thoughts?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

Re: Proposal: Kessel to LA

not enough coming back our way.

Kessel

for

Johnson, a first, and a prospect makes more sense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins13909. Show Bruins13909's posts

Andrew Ference is considered one of the leagues more solid and reliable puck moving defenseman. They are as hard to come by in this league as pure goal scorers. You would not want to see us lose him. Teams like Ottawa would kill to have his presence. People forget we had the best goals against average of the entire NHL. This was not all Tim Thomas. Ference was one of the team leaders in blocked shots. He alway is, no matter what team it was. He may be injury prone, but I'd rather risk that then lose a movable "D".

The biggest problem with Kessel is we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. Teams know we need to trade him to stay under the cap so we won't get much for him. (Not to mention we could only afford approximately 1.2 million on another player anyways)
    If we keep him we would most likely be losing two players. We were one of the best offensive team in the East stat-wise(2nd overall) We risk chemistry trading away our forwards. We may lose Kessel, but we have a chance to replace his goals with Sturm. (Cam Neel predicted at the start of last season that he will be the next Bruin to score 40)

It's always regrettable losing anyone, but I think the goal should be to keep as many players from last year as possible. We were first in the East. Barring a few injuries, and I think we could have beat Pitt for the East.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

i think we are giving away too much in kraziejoe's scenario.  and no way do we get johnson, a prospect and a 1rst for kessel (as bruinsGENIUS suggests).  it would be the steal of the year if it happened.  SO I'M ALL FOR IT!!!   LOL!!!!

i say:  kessel and a 4th for johnson  -or-  kessel and a 2nd for johnson and a 4th

as you can tell, i am high on johnson.  it's takes the average nhl defenseman 4 - 6 seasons before they come into their own.  johnson's still a pup.  i would love for him to anchor our 'd' for years to come.

i'm sort of with bruins13909....don't trade ference.  hopefully next season he'll be healthy...for the playoffs at least.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

LA doesnt rank johnson quite that high, I would like Kessel and tampa bays second for Johnson and a first

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins13909. Show Bruins13909's posts

The bruins have expressed their desire to include Boychuck in the line up this year. If you add Johnson one "D" goes down. It can never hurt to get a defenseman but if your using Kessel to get another player and you already have your six "d" then wouldn't you want to be trading for a forward to make up for Kessels 36 goals? If you want Johnson, you would need to give up a solid "d" and a draft pick. Again, why mess anymore with the NHL's best defense statistically.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Boychuk will be the 7th D, and Johnson would be a huge upgrade over Ference

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

agreed but just because a 1st round draft pick is an upgrade over a second rounder doesn't mean you throw draft picks around like crazy

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

What about...

Kessel and Ference

for

Johnson, prospect, 2nd

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

In Response to Re: Proposal: Kessel to LA:
    [QUOTE]Andrew Ference is considered one of the leagues more solid and reliable puck moving defenseman. They are as hard to come by in this league as pure goal scorers. You would not want to see us lose him. Teams like Ottawa would kill to have his presence. People forget we had the best goals against average of the entire NHL. This was not all Tim Thomas. Ference was one of the team leaders in blocked shots. He alway is, no matter what team it was. He may be injury prone, but I'd rather risk that then lose a movable "D". The biggest problem with Kessel is we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. Teams know we need to trade him to stay under the cap so we won't get much for him. (Not to mention we could only afford approximately 1.2 million on another player anyways) If we keep him we would most likely be losing two players. We were one of the best offensive team in the East stat-wise(2nd overall) We risk chemistry trading away our forwards. We may lose Kessel, but we have a chance to replace his goals with Sturm. (Cam Neel predicted at the start of last season that he will be the next Bruin to score 40) It's always regrettable losing anyone, but I think the goal should be to keep as many players from last year as possible. We were first in the East. Barring a few injuries, and I think we could have beat Pitt for the East.
    Posted by Bruins13909[/QUOTE]..............what!!!!