Qualifying offers are in...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from twentyfour. Show twentyfour's posts

Qualifying offers are in...

"Bruins restricted free agents Blake Wheeler, Mark Stuart and Vladimir Sobotka have received their qualifying offers from the team. These offers, which are 100 percent or more of the players’ 2009-10 salary depending on how much the player made last season, give the Bruins the right of first refusal against offer sheets after free agency opens July 1."

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2010/06/18/qualifying-offers-coming-in/#more-8943

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

Re: Qualifying offers are in...

damn, they offered Wheeler something. I guess you have to in order to get them draft picks if he signs elsewhere (please God please let someone else sign him).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Interesting.  They qualified Sobotka but not McQuaid.  Hm.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to Re: Qualifying offers are in...:
    Posted by Bookboy007

No Paille either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The player can still be offered in a trade so it is just in preparation.  Nothing really changes. If trade scenarios fail, they usually do, then you have players who could fit into the higher cap number for next year.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Not as surprised with the Strawman.  I'm guessing they only want him if he takes a pay cut, and he was making almost $1.4M.  That would pay for both Marchand and Hamill to make the roster (as examples).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Qualifying offers are in...:
    Posted by Bookboy007

They probably didn't want to offer him the required 10%.  McQuaid is an NHL nobody.  If no one else does first, they'll offer him a similar deal to what he had.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Islamorada - I'm pretty sure that if you don't qualify a player by the deadline, you give up any rights you have with that player.  So they only have value to the Bruins as trade bait up to the deadline (when is that deadline - is it the 30th?).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

I love Sobo's heart but he can't put the puck in the net. I love McQuaid as a 6th Dman but he is just a roster filler. This makes Wheelers offer like what, 3 million a year? Stuart is solid and for a 1.75-2.00 million a year for 3-5 years I'm all for it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Again - qualifying offers are based on salary and not cap hit.  Wheeler's offer will be for $875K (plus 10% if that's still one of the conditions - it might not be in the current CBA).

Let's all say this together because a) it will drive Stanley (more) nuts and b) I have a feeling we're about to see 500 posts along the lines of OMG!!!!They gave that bum Wheeler a $3M qualifying offer!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...and even if it was based on salary + bonuses, there's no way Tuukka would have signed for less than $1.5M after making over $2M with bonuses this year.

NAS - it's not like McQuaid makes a fortune.  The raise would have been less than $100K - not a lot to maintain him as an asset unless they're convinced that he's not going to be better than he showed in the Buffalo series - in which case, it's time to let him go.  I'm still surprised given that most of Boston's D "prospects" are smaller puck-movers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I was thinking draft deadline not a trading deadline.  It is just preparation for the draft and or next season if all fails.  There are other variables at play as well.  If some of the these trade rumors au jure are correct then salary could be available to fit these players under the cap with room to spare.  I am not like some of the nay sayers on here that say rumors are just fandom exuberance.  The media game is played with all parties, from management, media, players, agents, and the like. Variables Chiarelli has full command of a this point, presumably so.  

Boychuk is a keeper but only at the minimum.  His defensive play is still questionable.  Stuart on the other hand is solid.  Injuries aside worthy of the extra cash.  Paille is also valuable in my view, speed kills on the penalty and he is young.  

I am not sure of the trade deadlines via the pre season. So I cannot answer your question.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

I love the situations when Stuart gets injured because it means he is playing his best. Big, mean Dman who will clear the front of the net, hit someone, or drop the gloves and make a statement that the B's won't be pushed around. Perfect 2nd or 3rd pairing Dman. I do wish Stuart had a better offensive game though. Stuart reminds me of a young Daneyko or Colin White from the Devils. Plus he's only gonna to get better as he hits his prime. 

Sections
Shortcuts