Question for hockey fan....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mustangbullitbri. Show mustangbullitbri's posts

Question for hockey fan....

I'm back on the bandwagon as a Bruins fan for the first time since the Neeley days.  I think the drafting of Tyler Seguin was the clincher for me...  and I could'nt have picked a better year with the way the boys have been playing so far.

My question.....
                             What's the deal with wearing road uni's at home and wearing home uni's on the road?  This has been situation normal for about 5 years now and I don't get it?  Most teams have their city's name on their road jersey...  that they now wear at home,  and their team nickname on their home jersey that they wear on the road.  Makes no sense why they have continued this fashion statement over the last couple years.  Optioning back and forth year to year maybe....  but the complete opposite change...  not so much!!

Ok,  enlighten me...  please.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: Question for hockey fan....

Because, I believe, the thinking is that home fans prefer to see their team's "colors." 

Personally, I don't care. Like numbers, it confuses me why anyone would give a hoot. As long as they're not playing in something like the Canadiens' headache-inducing prison stripe throwbacks, what difference does it make?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Black sells merchandise -just a guess

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

The NHL implemented this change after the lockout .I guess the thinking was to show what the home whites looked like to road fans who rarley if ever got see them.I remember as a kid they used to switch every year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In Response to Question for hockey fan....:
    [QUOTE]I'm back on the bandwagon as a Bruins fan for the first time since the Neeley days.  I think the drafting of Tyler Seguin was the clincher for me...  and I could'nt have picked a better year with the way the boys have been playing so far. My question.....                          What's the deal with wearing road uni's at home and wearing home uni's on the road?  This has been situation normal for about 5 years now and I don't get it?  Most teams have their city's name on their road jersey...  that they now wear at home,  and their team nickname on their home jersey that they wear on the road.  Makes no sense why they have continued this fashion statement over the last couple years.  Optioning back and forth year to year maybe....  but the complete opposite change...  not so much!! Ok,  enlighten me...  please.
    Posted by mustangbullitbri[/QUOTE]

They do?  I thought that the only difference between home and road jerseys was the color scheme.  I think that you might be confusing home and road jerseys with third jerseys. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

It was just a way spark interest and to get more jersey sales after the lockout. And besides, they didnt always wear white at home. Check out Bobby's jersey when he scored the goal in 1970.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from erobfos. Show erobfos's posts

Either way, they need to bring back the jersey from the 80's- early '90's.  I know they have their "new" third jerseys and the Winter Classic ones that I'm sure they'll wear a couple more times, but now is the time to bring back the real classic jersey of this generation.  Those Seguin jerseys would sell like hotcakes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I'm just glad they got rid of the "Winnie the Pooh" jerseys.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Question for hockey fan....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Question for hockey fan.... : They do?  I thought that the only difference between home and road jerseys was the color scheme.  I think that you might be confusing home and road jerseys with third jerseys. 
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]

he's talking baseball.  altho the Rangers had 'Rangers' on their home jersies for a while and then "New York" on the road jersies.  Pittsburg did it for a season, too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Question for hockey fan....:
    [QUOTE]Because, I believe, the thinking is that home fans prefer to see their team's "colors."  Personally, I don't care. Like numbers, it confuses me why anyone would give a hoot. As long as they're not playing in something like the Canadiens' headache-inducing prison stripe throwbacks, what difference does it make?
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Tradition.  Goalies 1, 30 and 35.  Defensemen 2 3 4 5 6.  Forwards 7 8 9 10 11 12 (no 13) 14 15 16 17 18 19   Defensemen 20-21-22  Forwards 23-27

Racing car numbers are for racing cars.

Duinne - did you ever play?  Any idea of how much heavier those big number jersies are?????

Enough with the crazy talk, next you'll be going on about how women should be able to vote.