question for hockey minds

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: question for hockey minds

In Response to Re: question for hockey minds:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: question for hockey minds : The Bruins have guys who can check. Hell, any team can go out and get a guy to check. What the B's don't have is a guy under 23 who can score nearly 40 goals. Maybe that's why any team would have him. Kobasew and Sturm? Seriously? I would gladly pack their bags for them if it meant keeping Kessel. Bruins fans need to figure it out, man.
    Posted by tylerwhidden

No they don't have "guys who can check" and no you can't "go out and get a guy to check" What we have is depth at forward with a bunch who are capable of scoring. Just because Kessel appears to have more talent does not make him more important to this club. Beside Lucic there is no other Kobasew type on this team, and Sturm has a no trade clause. You should have figured that out, "man".

Why didn't you mention Bergeron? 8 goals last year 5 mil contract?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ignaceontario. Show ignaceontario's posts

jwensik kess or chucky really man wake up. i play hockey and i like the grinder type but kessel will be in play for the rocket richard trophy thats just a giving he's ***king 21 man

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]jwensik kess or chucky really man wake up. i play hockey and i like the grinder type but kessel will be in play for the rocket richard trophy thats just a giving he's ***king 21 man
    Posted by ignaceontario[/QUOTE]

It's not "Kess or chucky" it's what this team has strength or weakness in.
    Players who can score - many
    Players who will give themselves up to make a play - few

You just don't get it, you probably follow fantasy hockey, and watch too many highlights "man"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: question for hockey minds : The Bruins have guys who can check. Hell, any team can go out and get a guy to check. What the B's don't have is a guy under 23 who can score nearly 40 goals. Maybe that's why any team would have him. Kobasew and Sturm? Seriously? I would gladly pack their bags for them if it meant keeping Kessel. Bruins fans need to figure it out, man.
    Posted by tylerwhidden[/QUOTE]

Let me get this straight, you would like to trade two guys that are a guarenteed 50 goals combined and play both sides of the puck for a one guy that had one good year and 36 goals and doesn't know what the word defense is.  This makes sense to you?  Doesn't to me.

Hey, I know people like flash, it is what puts fans in the seats but well rounded hockey players win cups not fancy highlight goals.  To put it in perspective, you want to win Cups you get players like Paval Datsyuk, you want to put fans in the seats and have a decent year but never get over the hump, you get Ovechkin.  It is that simple. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimmyTheTank5. Show TimmyTheTank5's posts

Kessel and his agent have already said they are done trying to work out a deal with the Bs. Clearly you cannot replace his goals but you should see an improved goal total from guys like bergy lucic and wheels as they gain health and experience, this should soften the blow. This paired with a stronger defense and more experience gives us as good or a better chance to win this year than last.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from blackngold10. Show blackngold10's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: question for hockey minds : OK here you go- Who would you rather keep on this team Milan Lucic or Phill Kessel????? 
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Milan lucic absolutely. Lucic is future captian material.
    Peace out Kessel.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: question for hockey minds : The question posed originally was to be answered quite logically.  There is no one who was traded at 21 who had scored 50 goals.  My only thought was Neely. I was not comparing the players, but only answering the question although it was not really an answer but an obvious reflection on how management can give up on the potentiality of a young player.  I stated I was not a hockey mind like some on these posts.  So I love your caustic reply.  The issue is you did not answer the question either.  Just bantered on how I was not too smart.  The fact is the Bruins are not keeping Kessel.  Too bad!  Look at the history of 1st round picks in any sport, you will suddenly realize the potential growth of Kessel is not matched with the uncertainty of the draft picks.  A solid player is needed to go with the picks in my opinion.  Lastly, I agree Dupont is in the same league as Burke, drumming up the attention so more can be done to sell themselves.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]
      Isla,
    It wasn't a caustic reply to you, I was just making the point that neely was traded because he wasn't seen as the player in vancouver's eyes that he was in the bruins.  My bigger objections is to people stating kessel being the next 50 goal scorer for the bruins, I think people are failing to realize how rare that is, how many great players do not have a 50 goal season.  The only player in the league last year to do so was ovechkin and I'd be hard pressed to take anyone seriously who thinks kessels offensive game can develop into that of AO.

Also, making the point that many players have had a season or two where they have over achieved.. Kessel was a good player last year, should get better, but one 30 goal season doesn't make him a guaranteed 40 or 50 goal scorer like people are implying.  He is not a dominate player akin to most of the guys on that list, and most of the guys on that list did not develop over time.  Kessel is a great asset to the team but he is not a guaranteed 50 goal man. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

The Bruins are a very team, but will lack a sniper now that Kess will be gone and they really Don't have another sniper to replace him. Before the season is over they will have to try to get one for the  stretch run of the playoffs and will have wished they still had Kess for less money then they will have to spend at the trade deadline to get a rental. I wish I knew exactly what Kess did to warrent his ticket out of town but he did enough to want to be traded a number of times. PC knows what he is doing, but that still leaves us without a sniper.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins are a very team, but will lack a sniper now that Kess will be gone and they really Don't have another sniper to replace him. Before the season is over they will have to try to get one for the  stretch run of the playoffs and will have wished they still had Kess for less money then they will have to spend at the trade deadline to get a rental. I wish I knew exactly what Kess did to warrent his ticket out of town but he did enough to want to be traded a number of times. PC knows what he is doing, but that still leaves us without a sniper.
    Posted by brunod[/QUOTE]

This is the only Kessel argument I will buy, the sniper angle.  It's a great point and the only one Kessel has. The rest of the Kessel arguments are not solid or logical ones.  You don't trade away a few core guys that more than equal the player in question for just one guy who has only had one good year. It would be great to keep Kessel but he wants too much and the price to keep him is too high.