Question regarding Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SusanLovesCelts. Show SusanLovesCelts's posts

Question regarding Bruins

Hello,

I have been trying to research this for about an hour with no luck so I figured I'd ask you guys.  The final ever game played in the Boston Garden was between the Bruins and Canadiens in 1995 in the preseason.  My question is, who won the game? All I can find is references that the game was played but I can't find the results.  I know my Celtics lost the final home game in the Garden.  I watched it on tv and nearly cried.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

Re: Question regarding Bruins

Wierd, it's not in my "Boston Bruins - Celebrating 75 years" book, they mention the game just like wiki and everywhere else, but no score.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

I drove 8 1/2 hours to see Boston's last two regular season games at the Gardens against Pittsburg ( a 5-2 win ) and Ottawa ( a 5-4 win ). As far as the pre season game against Montreal I believe Boston won it 3-2, but I'm just going by memory and since I wear the gold color glasses, I could be wrong. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

I'm not 100% sure but I believe that there is no score listed as this game was an exhibition game. They played two halves instead of three periods and I would have to guess that as this was the final hockey game in the old barn that it was set up for a Bruins win.

What I will never forget however is the the intermission break when they skated out all of the old Bruins and Ray Bourque skated with Normand Leveille out onto the ice. I was sitting at a Florida bar (back in the drinkng day's) and started to get choked up, I mean actual tears running down my face. The bartender asked if everything was O.K. and I replied "you wouldn't understand if I told you". This is my love for the Bruins shining through, not only were they closing down the building that I grew up watching hockey in but to skate out Normy on to the ice, that just broke me down. I still get choked up when I play my "History Of The Boston Bruins" CD and get to this scene. Moving stuff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The game is available on youtube in 4 parts. Look into it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

yes,Leveille was a tragic story.should show people how precious life is and how quickly all can change.I was only a kid when it happened but remember like it was yesterday.as a kid,it made no sense to me.Still not sure it does.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

It was a pre-season game and Montreal won 3 -2 , just like they opened the garden.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SusanLovesCelts. Show SusanLovesCelts's posts

Thanks guys.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Trivia question:  Who scored the last goal in Boston Garden?

Sections
Shortcuts