Quick recap of Chiarelli conference call (Today).

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Quick recap of Chiarelli conference call (Today).

http://www.thebruinsblog.net/2010/09/26/quick-recap-of-chiarelli-conference-call/

•"Chiarelli gives rookies Matt Bartkowski and Steve Kampfer a legit chance to make the team."

Blake Wheeler, Zach Hamill, Ryan Spooner and Tyler Seguin are all in the mix to be the fourth center, the GM said. I’ll assume Chiarelli left out Joe Colborne because it was Sunday morning and he was drowsy."

•Matt Kalman "Just to re-iterate on the Ryder situation, he’s reaching like a contortionist trying to scratch the middle of his own back to find a positive. Make no mistake, Ryder is in trouble here."

I like that the Bruins have so many rookies fighting for spots this means too me that their are allot of veterans on the Bruins having to look over their shoulders. My disadin for Ryder grows as I see Caron and Spooner drive to the net time after time.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/09/tyler-seguin-nathan-horton-among-positives-bruins-can-take-away-from-loss.html

Brick touches on patience with the Savard situation is needed and should be taken.Marc will play this year at what point I don't know but th Bruins are taking the right steps IMO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

Re: Quick recap of Chiarelli conference call (Today).

Think I'm gonna wait awhile for my Ryder death chant to get going.

At least until November.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Chiarelli gives rookies Matt Bartkowski and Steve Kampfer a legit chance to make the team
    Well im glad i said it before PC lol
    Make no mistake, Ryder is in trouble here."
    As i said hes looking for a coaching job in providence.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I knew when I saw Kampfer play last year that he'd have a legitimate chance to make the big club this year.   But, I had no idea Skiball was as good as he is.

Ryder had 2 years to stop making the noose..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Is Chiarelli the king of overpayments or what ?

The Ryder contract never really made sense @$4 million a year.

For Ryder's sake, hope that he is put on waivers, and finds his stride again with another NHL team at a more reasonable contract than what PC offered him.

Foolish GMs who sign players to foolish contracts aren't doing them any long term favours.

Ask Wade Redden or Jeff Finger, for example.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I've demonstrated this at least three times on this board, so I won't waste my time again, but Ryder's numbers vs. his contract aren't as out of whack as you'd think. Compare his numbers to the guys who scored similar point totals, factor out the EL contracts, and then look at what those players average in salary.  It'll open your eyes.

The only reason we've been calling Ryder overpaid all these years is that, from the get go, it looked like no one else was moving to sign him so Chiarelli could have low-balled him.  Even then, PC could also have lost him and there was no 25+ goal scorer to take his place on the roster two years back. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I think, however, that everyone should expect Ryder to be playing on this team until Sturm or Savard returns, unless he is playing so god awful during the regular season that the B's just get rid of him.  Chiarelli probably wants to give him a chance to play well in the regular season in order to get something in return because I am sure he values Ryder more than the conditional 4th round pick they took in exchange for Morris last year.  I would look to a team like Phoenix who just lost Mueller again, but that is mere speculation.  If Chiarelli trades or demotes Ryder before the season starts, then he has been thoroughly butt whupped by the rookies.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Quick recap of Chiarelli conference call (Today).:[QUOTE]Is Chiarelli the king of overpayments or what ?  Foolish GMs who sign players to foolish contracts aren't doing them any long term favours. Ask Wade Redden or Jeff Finger, for example.  Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

No Dale "king of the fax machines" Tallon (that's 2 Ls Miller)and Bob Gainey are much worse at this! Chicago had to almost jettison their whole team because of the Campbell n Huet contracts.

Montreal couldn't keep Price and Halak (which would have been the ideal situation like the Bruins have 2 real good goalies) because Bob overpaid Gionta n traded for another bloated contract Scott Gomez.

Uh oh...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Quick recap of Chiarelli conference call (Today).:
    [QUOTE]I think, however, that everyone should expect Ryder to be playing on this team until Sturm or Savard returns, unless he is playing so god awful during the regular season that the B's just get rid of him.  Chiarelli probably wants to give him a chance to play well in the regular season in order to get something in return because I am sure he values Ryder more than the conditional 4th round pick they took in exchange for Morris last year.  I would look to a team like Phoenix who just lost Mueller again, but that is mere speculation.  If Chiarelli trades or demotes Ryder before the season starts, then he has been thoroughly butt whupped by the rookies.
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]

Don't remind me about that Morris trade.

Between that one and Wideman's trade, PC gave away 2 of 3 of the Bruins' leading scoring defensemen on a team that cannot score.

Doesn't the guy know that this team's biggest need is for scoring.

Now, he wants to get rid of a potential 30 goal scorer to Providence because he originally overpaid him while he has offered raises to Thornton and Ference .

Is this guy even competent ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick recap of Chiarelli conference call (Today). : No Dale "king of the fax machines" Tallon (that's 2 Ls Miller)and Bob Gainey are much worse at this! Chicago had to almost jettison their whole team because of the Campbell n Huet contracts. Montreal couldn't keep Price and Halak (which would have been the ideal situation like the Bruins have 2 real good goalies) because Bob overpaid Gionta n traded for another bloated contract Scott Gomez. Uh oh...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Blackhawks guy...

Both Talon and Gainey have Cup rings as GMs...

You'll have to do better than that...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick recap of Chiarelli conference call (Today). : Don't remind me about that Morris trade. Between that one and Wideman's trade, PC gave away 2 of 3 of the Bruins' leading scoring defensemen on a team that cannot score. Doesn't the guy know that this team's biggest need is for scoring. Now, he wants to get rid of a potential 30 goal scorer to Providence because he originally overpaid him while he has offered raises to Thornton and Ference . Is this guy even competent ?
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

Wides was useless for most of the year and put up some assists during the playoffs. Looking at the bigger picture you have to understand the guy needed to be moved. And Morris is not an offensive defenseman by anyone's definition. You're really reaching on that one. Or just not that bright. I haven't decided yet :P

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Wideman was the Bruins' leading playoff scorer, and is currently scoring at a goal-a-game pace on a team that remains undefeated in the pre-season.

Morris was one of the Bruins' three leading scoring defenseman last season, but resigning an oft injured Ference to a premature extension with a raise seemed to be the Bruin GM's top priority.

Now, a potential thirty goal scorer may have to be shipped out because of Chairelli's awful cap management and all those prematurely offered extensions.

What part of this post don't you understand ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"and is currently scoring at a goal-a-game pace on a team that remains undefeated in the pre-season."

-funniest thing I've read in months. I guess that means the Panthers will have the #1 seed for the pre-season playoffs and Wideman is currently the front-runner for the Pre-Season Hart trophy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick recap of Chiarelli conference call (Today). :   Now, he wants to get rid of a potential 30 goal scorer to Providence because he  Is this guy even competent ? Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

Ryder still has Chiarelli's backing

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins

Miller don't you get tired of being wrong  ? Nah! Huet 5.6Mil had to be buried by Stan Bowman (who wears the championship ring) because Dale Tallon( 2 Ls not 1) over paid Cristobal.

I'll bet Blackhawk season ticket holders really love Tallon for improving Atlanta and other teams were championship ring wearing players now play but really wanted to remain in Chicago but couldn't because Dale Tallon paid 2 players Campbell and Huet 13Mil!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

I am not a ryder hater like most but calling him a 30 goal scorer after not being able to score 30 goals since 2006 is hilarious. I would love for him to get 30 but the odds are against him. By the way...seidenberg had 1 less pt than Morris last year and just 2 less than wideman. Now which of the three do you think is a better defensive d-man?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Wideman was the Bruins' leading playoff scorer, and is currently scoring at a goal-a-game pace on a team that remains undefeated in the pre-season. Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

OMG Mr. Wideman I can't believe you're basing yourself on pre-season .  Your credability on hockey knowledge is getting worse and worse. PRESEASON ??? on pace ???? LMAO !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Wideman was the Bruins' leading playoff scorer, and is currently scoring at a goal-a-game pace on a team that remains undefeated in the pre-season. Morris was one of the Bruins' three leading scoring defenseman last season, but resigning an oft injured Ference to a premature extension with a raise seemed to be the Bruin GM's top priority. Now, a potential thirty goal scorer may have to be shipped out because of Chairelli's awful cap management and all those prematurely offered extensions. What part of this post don't you understand ?
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]

Thanks for making my decision easy. You clearly are not that bright.
    Stick to the Scabs board and stop displaying your stupidy and anti-bruin agenda where you are not welcome.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

It is the preseason and Ryder of the right wing (what's my line?) is an enigma.  I will go on the limb here, he makes the team no doubt then his future is tied to the coach's tenure in Boston.  As for Bartkowski and Kampfer, what a love fest here, Alexandrov can skate circles around them.  He has to develop more toughness but he is Wideman's replacement not those two!  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't have any problems with Alexandrov taking the # 6 or # 7 spot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]I don't have any problems with Alexandrov taking the # 6 or # 7 spot.

My point exactly, all three need more time in the AHL, but of the three Alexandrov is simply a better skilled player.  The Bruins need to have a player who can pass up ice without "telegraphing" the play.  Alexandrov can skate side to side and pass at the same time.  That is skill! Is he weak in the corners yes, but I think we have not seen his best yet.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick recap of Chiarelli conference call (Today). : OMG Mr. Wideman I can't believe you're basing yourself on pre-season .  Your credability on hockey knowledge is getting worse and worse. PRESEASON ??? on pace ???? LMAO !
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

That pre-season goal per game clip of Wideman's was intended as sarcasm for the nitwits that read anything into these pre-season games.

These people know who they are !

I don't actually expect Wideman to score 82 goals this season. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]I am not a ryder hater like most but calling him a 30 goal scorer after not being able to score 30 goals since 2006 is hilarious. I would love for him to get 30 but the odds are against him. By the way...seidenberg had 1 less pt than Morris last year and just 2 less than wideman. Now which of the three do you think is a better defensive d-man?
    Posted by stillallbost08[/QUOTE]

So, Seidenberg had less points than both Morris and Wideman, eh ?

Great, another downgrade in the offensive dept. from the blueline...

With Savard out and Ryder potentially in Providence, are the Bruins even going to get as many goals as the low number that they did last season ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick recap of Chiarelli conference call (Today). : Ryder still has Chiarelli's backing http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins Miller don't you get tired of being wrong  ? Nah! Huet 5.6Mil had to be buried by Stan Bowman (who wears the championship ring) because Dale Tallon( 2 Ls not 1) over paid Cristobal. I'll bet Blackhawk season ticket holders really love Tallon for improving Atlanta and other teams were championship ring wearing players now play but really wanted to remain in Chicago but couldn't because Dale Tallon paid 2 players Campbell and Huet 13Mil!

I'll bet that you, Blackhawk fans, really secretly love Tallon because he built the team that won a Stanley Cup for Chicago and ended the longest Cup drought in hockey next to the Leafs and Bruins...

That's also likely why you can't stop bringing up his name here... 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick recap of Chiarelli conference call (Today). : My point exactly, all three need more time in the AHL, but of the three Alexandrov is simply a better skilled player.  The Bruins need to have a player who can pass up ice without "telegraphing" the play.  Alexandrov can skate side to side and pass at the same time.  That is skill! Is he weak in the corners yes, but I think we have not seen his best yet.   
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

I like Alexandrov, I think he has a lot of potential, but he's underweight, out of shape, speaks barely a dozen words of English, and has played in a league where hitting is practically non-existent. The best thing in the world for him, and for the Bruins, is for him to spend at least a year in Providence adjusting to the hockey and the culture. It's a vastly different game, and a hugely different world, and though he reportedly has a good attitude, it's going to be a difficult year for him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick recap of Chiarelli conference call (Today). : I like Alexandrov, I think he has a lot of potential, but he's underweight, out of shape, speaks barely a dozen words of English, and has played in a league where hitting is practically non-existent. The best thing in the world for him, and for the Bruins, is for him to spend at least a year in Providence adjusting to the hockey and the culture. It's a vastly different game, and a hugely different world, and though he reportedly has a good attitude, it's going to be a difficult year for him.  
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

So I politely ask what of the other two?  They are mature, poised, and now capable of handling the NHL because of their experience in preseason? Lost in translation on the speaking issue, Bergeron rings true on the fact it is not a total cultural shock to be in the NHL as a foreign tongue.  I agree Alexandrov needs to be in the AHL but so does Kampfer and Bartkowski!  Skill and experience int he KHL (not in a protected environment like college hockey) is worthy of a 7th defenseman!

Sections
Shortcuts