Quit beating up on Chia!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: Quit beating up on Chia!

In Response to Re: Quit beating up on Chia!:
    In Response to Re: Quit beating up on Chia! : Not worst GM in the NHL, worse salary cap manager in the NHL... There is a BIG difference
    Posted by damngood

Do you have any clue about the situation in Chicago? Do you know that Detroit lost almost 40% of their goal-scoring because they couldn't fit them under the cap? Have you looked at the Canadiens payroll lately? And that's just off the top of my head. Saying Chiarelli is the "worse salary cap manager in the NHL" displays a serious lack of perspective. 

There isn't a decent team in the league that isn't facing or going to be facing salary cap challenges. What is going to make the difference in the years ahead is recognizing young talent and drafting/developing a team from within. Some up-and-coming players will be rewarded with long-term contracts (i.e. Krejci), others will have to be sacrificed to keep the core of the team together (Kessel). The Bruins under Chiarelli have recognized that fact, and have built one of the strongest bases of minor league/drafted talent in the NHL. If (when) they're forced to give up someone like Marc Savard, they've got a Zach Hamill or Joe Colborne coming up in the system to take his place.  

And as much as I liked Kessel, there is no way on earth the Bruins pay a 21-year-old with one good year under his belt more than Marc Savard, Jeff Carter or Ryan Getzlaf. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCORE6. Show SCORE6's posts

Are we better with him than we were before he came?  YES   And if you don`t think Julian is the best coach we`ve had and the perfect coach for dealing with young players, you are just big mouth bashers that complain about everything....you probably would have complained about Bobby Orr if you were alive when he played........Go root for the Habs,you whining pukes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1873417. Show user_1873417's posts

Bruin Fans Reeeeeelax we are two games in 80 to go WOW ! No one can predict the future. I myself do not agree with the Thomas 4 year deal too long too much money probably because we all think Rask is ready and we dont know that yet. Now that being said let Chia do his job lets all analyze the situation in a couple of months. Who know's what is going to happen with the Bs or the other teams between now and April injuries pay a steep price when one is in need. Rask has to prove himself in the big leagues just because he played a few games and played them well it don't mean Jack remember Raycroft!!!

Now from a true bruin fan sit back have a pint or two and enjoy the season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

In Response to Re: Quit beating up on Chia! : How old are you, 10? First of all, multiple posts like this are childish in the extreme, secondly, people would take you much more seriously if you learned how to spell and construct a cohesive thought, and thirdly, Phil Kessel now belongs to the Maple Leafs.  
    Posted by duinne

loosen up buddy , it is a blog not a thesis, and where  the spelling mistake.
    better wish that kess fails in tor , cause i will be bombarding u with those.

if he was still in boston u would have not ,made a comment. hypocrit, new these posts would have caught some attention. let's come up with a catch phrase with kess.

DOn"T mess with kess.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

In Response to Re: Quit beating up on Chia! : Do you have any clue about the situation in Chicago? Do you know that Detroit lost almost 40% of their goal-scoring because they couldn't fit them under the cap? Have you looked at the Canadiens payroll lately? And that's just off the top of my head. Saying Chiarelli is the "worse salary cap manager in the NHL" displays a serious lack of perspective.  There isn't a decent team in the league that isn't facing or going to be facing salary cap challenges. What is going to make the difference in the years ahead is recognizing young talent and drafting/developing a team from within. Some up-and-coming players will be rewarded with long-term contracts (i.e. Krejci), others will have to be sacrificed to keep the core of the team together (Kessel). The Bruins under Chiarelli have recognized that fact, and have built one of the strongest bases of minor league/drafted talent in the NHL. If (when) they're forced to give up someone like Marc Savard, they've got a Zach Hamill or Joe Colborne coming up in the system to take his place.   And as much as I liked Kessel, there is no way on earth the Bruins pay a 21-year-old with one good year under his belt more than Marc Savard, Jeff Carter or Ryan Getzlaf.   
    Posted by duinne

no way on earth but they paid 4m a yr over 3yrs for a guy who was coming off a 14 goal season and benched in the playoffs and is 10 yrs older then kess and does not match up against him

again if pc and dumbo cj handled well from the start, burke would never have been on the scene and kess would have signed between 4-4.5 m
    what about thomas at 5m, he is not the future. and not worthed , don't care about vezinas and all those individual awards , win a conn smythe

u obviously do not understand that the none of the young players should have been sacrificed with good planning

Also do not compare bruins to detroit, we are nowhere near to be in their class, they have won and are the best team of the decade.
    next, chicago  fired tallon , because in part of his lack of well spending
    mtl payroll what's ur point. they unloaded a bunch of players who were not playing anymore, and some of them up in yrs and replaced them with newer
    players. they had to , we swept them in 4, mtl cannot accept that they have to make major changes and did.

getting rid of kessel is not building for the future it is going backwards, a championship team does not make these moves. Win FIrst and then maybe ur in a better position to gamble but win first.
    trading a kid for picks we may never hear about in the future, where is the sense there,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

should have signed kess

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

maybe if kesswas a goon it owuld have made these blue collar fans happy

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from turigz. Show turigz's posts

Marco100 your a moron! what do you really know about the making of a team anyways...your comments have been childish and absolutely off base. Maybe you should go back to your coloring book and keep it in the lines..maybe you'll have better luck impressing mommy with your talents because your intellect isn't doing you any favors here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

Marco100 your a moron! what do you really know about the making of a team anyways...your comments have been childish and absolutely off base. Maybe you should go back to your coloring book and keep it in the lines..maybe you'll have better luck impressing mommy with your talents because your intellect isn't doing you any favors here.
    Posted by turigz

what do ui really know about the making of a team , well let's see why don't u teach me or better yet why do i not confer with the last bruin gm's who have done a wonderful job in the playoffs and winning numerous cups.Ur right let's leave it to the experts.

REad my blog and learn something on how i oould have spent the $ and still have kept the future of this team intact.

I just hope u do not dissapear when the bruins do in the playoffs unless they go out and land a real sniper

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EvolutionFan. Show EvolutionFan's posts

Chiarelli deserves some serious criticism on this Lucic deal... Payed over 4 million and more then Krejci? I dont think so.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

im one that is not fond of chia,s shoot from the hip mentality on some of his signings.....he has no management skills when it comes to dealing with the cap....its amazing with all his assistance,s that he always ends up having his hands tied & struggles with cap issues. his signing of the thomas contract & ryder contract nor trading murray at the deadline had a effect on not having the $$$$ to sign kessel......next years big signing is savard & i have no faith chia will be ready for that & savard will have no choice but move on.....he knew he better sign lucic & not even take a chance or he would be tared & feathered.....please have sweeney take care of your books & have the ability to look down the road & whats coming up before you start throwing contracts around....you got bailed out of the kessel issue luckly,but try to learn from it to!  geeeeezzzzz

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbanksAK. Show FairbanksAK's posts

im one that is not fond of chia,s shoot from the hip mentality on some of his signings.....he has no management skills when it comes to dealing with the cap....its amazing with all his assistance,s that he always ends up having his hands tied & struggles with cap issues. his signing of the thomas contract & ryder contract nor trading murray at the deadline had a effect on not having the $$$$ to sign kessel......next years big signing is savard & i have no faith chia will be ready for that & savard will have no choice but move on.....he knew he better sign lucic & not even take a chance or he would be tared & feathered.....please have sweeney take care of your books & have the ability to look down the road & whats coming up before you start throwing contracts around....you got bailed out of the kessel issue luckly,but try to learn from it to!  geeeeezzzzz
    Posted by pucman

Alot of great points pucman, there is at least 5-6 players that are overpaid by around 1 million dollars... does not bode well for the future with a shrinking cap and Thomas' contract.

When is Bergerons deal up? Does anyone know?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tukkainnet. Show tukkainnet's posts

Duinne said it all.  I completely agree.  Great Post.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Duinne said it all.  I completely agree.  Great Post.
    Posted by tukkainnet

Thank you.

And I should remind myself not to try to argue with trollish idiots. Or idiot trolls.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

cannot undesrtand the hypocrisy and shallowness and really the lack of knowledge of some fans.

they straight out said kess not worthed 5m, the kid scores 36 , a hab killer and p-off performer and not worythed .
    yet because Luicic has a boisterous style, he's loud and physical he is worth 4m
    Jacobs are not the problem only it's these fans, with this mentality no wonder bruins never won anything.
    if iam krejci i fire my agent.
    PC once agin u have shown just how lost u really are. had to make up for ur mistake didn.t u?

embecile, you could have signed them all, and made this team a phenomanal team for very long.

we'll see, where u go better hope it is stanley.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

Posted by pucman

u got it he had to sign lucic , he had no choice an as much as i like loooch, milan got handed to u yet another player who has ripped pc off.

we need more of these smart posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Quit beating up on Chia! : Thank you. And I should remind myself not to try to argue with trollish idiots. Or idiot trolls.  
    Posted by duinne

No Thank You Duinne! You responded to the G 0 0 B E R troll a few times and now you can put the 10 year old on Ignore. No need to waste time defending PC to trollers whom cannot construct a lego doll house.

I only read those posts for pure comedy then move on to constructive posts. Well umm like yours Duinne! keep up the good work!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fejbosox. Show Fejbosox's posts

Posted by pucman

Sections
Shortcuts