Raffi Torres signs with the Nucks.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

Raffi Torres signs with the Nucks.....

Talk about a pay cut.

One year, one million. Last year he was making 2.75 and was a sought after commodity at the trade deadline.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Raffi Torres signs with the Nucks.....

People here were sending Wheeler and a second round pick for him!  LOL LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

This is what a poor performance in the playoffs and a salary cap gets ya, Raffi.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Kinda reflects the quality of the UFA market this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah Torres dust off a seat in the stands when the playoffs start just like you had to in the Buffalo series this year. Dem bad shifts will kill yah!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

What's funny is how many Bruins fans were screaming for Chiarelli's head when he didn't trade for Torres at the deadline.

At least Torres found a job. There are a lot of unsigned UFAs out there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

How the mighty have fallen...not that he was mighty to begin with.  Including the Canucks, doesn't that make at least 5 teams with his name on the back of their jerseys?  Wow!  Good job PC didn't go for him last year. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Torres is a product of his environment.  He played in cities that werent hockey starved...watch what he does in Van this year...especially playing for another pay day.  Worst case scenario he plays on the 3rd line.  Very likely scenario he starts the year with the Gazoo Twins until the little rat comes back.

Torres needs to play in a hockey pressure cooker to do well...he is a playoff guy they could have used against the Hawks last year...hits, scores, the odd fight...he is well worth a million.  Especially since we have Ryder at what?

Injuries are his biggest issues, wish we could have nabbed him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Raffi Torres signs with the Nucks.....:
    [QUOTE]Torres is a product of his environment.  He played in cities that werent hockey starved...watch what he does in Van this year...especially playing for another pay day.  Worst case scenario he plays on the 3rd line.  Very likely scenario he starts the year with the Gazoo Twins until the little rat comes back. Torres needs to play in a hockey pressure cooker to do well...he is a playoff guy they could have used against the Hawks last year...hits, scores, the odd fight...he is well worth a million.  Especially since we have Ryder at what? Injuries are his biggest issues, wish we could have nabbed him.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

A playoff guy? Are you referring to the Raffi Torres who went goalless in 14 games down the stretch for Buffalo and was a healthy scratch in the playoffs, or are you confusing him with some other Raffi Torres?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Torres is a product of his environment.  He played in cities that werent hockey starved...watch what he does in Van this year...especially playing for another pay day.  Worst case scenario he plays on the 3rd line.  Very likely scenario he starts the year with the Gazoo Twins until the little rat comes back. Torres needs to play in a hockey pressure cooker to do well...he is a playoff guy they could have used against the Hawks last year...hits, scores, the odd fight...he is well worth a million.  Especially since we have Ryder at what? Injuries are his biggest issues, wish we could have nabbed him.

What kind of crazy talk is this?  Buffalo is a hockey town and he stunk the joint out.  He was scratched for playoff games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Buffalo in general is a good hockey town and spot town in general.  I agree.  But he was never given a chance there. 

I guess you both forgot his performance in Edmonton...he was easily one of their best fwds.  Fan favorite.  But I guess we have Wheeler and Ryder that put energy in our lineup.  Again.  I would take Torres over 1/3 of our fwds. 

Watch and see what he does in Van this year.  No point debating back and forth.  If he stays healthy he will pot 25 goals and be a huge fan favorite in Van.  When the season gets underway we'll keep tabs on this.  So no smack talk until the season is started and we have some results.  I will fall on the sword if I am wrong.  Lets see what you two do if you are wrong

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Buffalo in general is a good hockey town and spot town in general.  I agree.  But he was never given a chance there.  I guess you both forgot his performance in Edmonton...he was easily one of their best fwds.  Fan favorite.  But I guess we have Wheeler and Ryder that put energy in our lineup.  Again.  I would take Torres over 1/3 of our fwds.  Watch and see what he does in Van this year.  No point debating back and forth.  If he stays healthy he will pot 25 goals and be a huge fan favorite in Van.  When the season gets underway we'll keep tabs on this.  So no smack talk until the season is started and we have some results.  I will fall on the sword if I am wrong.  Lets see what you two do if you are wrong

I don't have anything against Torres. For his sake, I hope he does great. But there's a reason why he had to wait so long as a UFA and signed a deal for approximately one-third of what he made before: he's been injury-prone, he failed miserably when his team needed him in the playoffs, he hasn't scored more than 20 goals since '05-'06, and Lindy Ruff publicly criticized him. Maybe he uses all of that for motivation and has a monster year. We'll see. But it's easy to see why some people have doubts.

If I'm wrong, I'll say yay for Torres. I certainly don't expect you to fall on any sort of sharp object if you're wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ruff is a twit...he has a big mouth, always has, always will. 

Torres wasnt given a chance.  He played well in Columbus.  More than 20 goals isnt as easy as you would think in this NHL....how many did we have last year? 
    I don't think his stay in Buffalo can be the basis of his entire career.  He has produced in the playoffs. So at least we know he can do it.  But some times the fit isn't right for whatever reason. 

People should have some doubts mainly b/c he is injury prone.  Which is due in part b/c of the style he plays...but for a million bucks in todays hockey he is an absolute steal. 

I anticipate a big year from him in a Canadian market playing in the West again. 
    Man I can't wait for hockey to start...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Dear Hockey Cows:  Just because you stalk the players during the summer and bother them in the parking lot after practices, it doesn't mean you know hockey.

Did I miss something been away for a bit, I thought it was sheep or is this at anyone in particular.

Torres will score 45 with the twins.NOT!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No4,

Don't think I said 45....but I bet he pops 20-25 if healthy...again, how many B's topped the 20 goal mark.  Fast, hits, some offensive skill and plays mean...yeah we have lots of those guys...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

And since everyone loves Lucic.  I bet Torres out points him and wil have more goals.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Buffalo in general is a good hockey town and spot town in general.  I agree.  But he was never given a chance there.  I guess you both forgot his performance in Edmonton...he was easily one of their best fwds.  Fan favorite.  But I guess we have Wheeler and Ryder that put energy in our lineup.  Again.  I would take Torres over 1/3 of our fwds.  Watch and see what he does in Van this year.  No point debating back and forth.  If he stays healthy he will pot 25 goals and be a huge fan favorite in Van.  When the season gets underway we'll keep tabs on this.  So no smack talk until the season is started and we have some results.  I will fall on the sword if I am wrong.  Lets see what you two do if you are wrong

C'mon Shupe.  I never have an issue admitting a mistake.  It just seems that way because I don't make many.  lol

This is a great plan.  We'll come back after 25 games and take a look.  I say he's never been anything and will continue that trend in VAN.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NOT,

thats why you are one of my favorites...calling a spade a spade is your thing and I never take anything to personal with you...and your track record is solid.  thats why I have an opt out clause in my arguments with you.  I just won't read for a week in hopes your post is gone

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Shupe
    Nothing pointed at you just havin a bit of fun.

I have followed Torres since his World Juniors and there was always hope he would turn it on in Edm and become a consistant 30-40 goal scorer and he never hit it. I personally liked his game but he never upped it no matter the chances or ice he got. He has been on the down side the last couple, maybe he can rejuvenate in BC, more power to him, but I expect him to have a great start only to fade.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No4,

No worries buddy...I am bored and am waiting for hockey.  I always liked Torres since his run in Edmonton.  Maybe that was his high.  But in those playoffs he was a wrecking machine and if he could ever get that form back he would be a dandy again.  It hasnt been seen since.  But he can score.  He can hit and he has wheels.  I think him being in BC and back in the spotlight will bring the best outta him. 

Cheers

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I kind of liked Torres too, but I have to agree with NAS et al that he's never really panned out.  I think he's been a disappointment everywhere he's played from what I recall.  I thought he came up in the Isles system as a big prospect, then to Edmonton, then to Columbus, then to Buffalo, now to Vancouver.  I think he played his best hockey in Edmonton and is now lucky to have a job.  Then again, expectations are very low for him now, so maybe he will impress.  I have no desire to see him in the spoked-B.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I liked Raffi Torres when he was on the Bruins...

and was called Chuck Kobasew.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Perhaps a change of scenary will do him good. He struggled mightily after the trade in his short time in Buffalo. He'll have a lot more talent around him where he's headed.

Sections
Shortcuts