Raffi Torres

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Raffi Torres

Well not I am back after only 11 games.  I know the season is long and we had a friendly debate and normally have some good chats. 

Torres- 11 games 5 goals. 

I said he would pop 20 plus in Canuck land.  1 million bones for him is a good deal. 

For those who ripped me I am waiting for any and all excuses! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Raffi Torres

should have read NOT.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Shup me thinks this goes along with what Book had wrote about Versteeg in Chicago benefit from playing on a great team with a good system. Going back to Raffi's numbers in CLS and Buffalo never broke 20 with the Blue Jackets and didn't score a goal in the playoffs with the Sabres. Now look at Torres on a very deep and good team ? back to the Versteeg theory....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

pb,  Not-A-Shot and i agreed to come back 20 games in to discuss Raffi.  I said he would have been a nice pickup.  I got blasted by the majority on here.  I said he would put up decent numbers in Van.  He has put up excellent numbers to date. 
    Catfish?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

San,

I agree and which is why I said that he would put up 20 easy in Van.  Its a hockey crazy town, he will get PP time on a very solid team.  It was a perfect fit.  I bet he gets 25 if he can stay healthy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

6 Goals.

NOT- Where are you.  Comeon.  We are buds.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Raffi Torres:
    [QUOTE]6 Goals. NOT- Where are you.  Comeon.  We are buds.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    I look forward to revisiting the Lucic/Ryan discussion eventually too.I'm sure it's a debate you're hoping to be wrong about.Peace.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]6 Goals. NOT- Where are you.  Comeon.  We are buds.

I don't check in as often anymore because the quality has gone so far downhill.  I have to sift through 10 threads to find one interesting one, and even then, most of the posts are from absolute dopes.

He certainly is off to a great start.

Let's see what happens next.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Upon further review, we see that Torres had two goals and on assist in the first 10 games and a hat trick last night.  lol  In seven of 11 games, he's been held pointless.

I'm going to guess that his 30% shooting percentage is going to drop as time goes on.

C'mon Shupe!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Upon further review, we see that Torres had two goals and on assist in the first 10 games and a hat trick last night.  lol  In seven of 11 games, he's been held pointless. I'm going to guess that his 30% shooting percentage is going to drop as time goes on. C'mon Shupe!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it! Raffi currently has a hot hand but will probably end up somewhere around his career average shooting % of about 13-14% or maybe a little better. Water seeks it's own level. With lots of ice time and PP duty he could put in more than 20 on that team given the way they play. The guy has been remarkably inconsistent and that's not likely to change at age 29 or 30. he's not especially valuable when he isn't putting the puck in the net. He doesn't set up his mates very often and isn't particularly strong defensively. That's why he's only worth what he's making.
    Shupe - I was not one of the guys on here that blasted you for wanting this guy but I didn't think it was a good idea at the time. I haven't changed my mind.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

6 goals.  in 11 games.  Call me crazy but thats called a good start.  I don't care if Gretzky banked them off his behind.  6 goals in 11 games is 6 goals in 11 games.  .   3 in 10 isnt a bad start either.  And of course he will cool off.
    NOT- I for one miss your point blank honesty
    Dez- We had a solid debate.  Love it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

I would like to add the Torres will probably get hurt and miss a bunch of games just like Ferrence does every year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

JY,

I beat you to that.  He is a bandaid but a lot of that is due to teh style he plays.  But for a million bucks he would have looked good in gold and black.  Thats the only point I was making.  He will get 20 easy unless he gets hurt.  He's fast, hits hard and can play the PP.  He can fit anywhere in the lineup. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Raffi was the 5th overall pick of the 2000 Draft. To me those kind of guys are worth it to take a flyer on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I just miss NOT ripping everyones ideas with his one liners.  They make me laugh.  NOT please come back.  Cheers

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Raffi was the 5th overall pick of the 2000 Draft. To me those kind of guys are worth it to take a flyer on.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer[/QUOTE]

That's what Columbus thoughts.  Buffalo did also.

Guys like Torres are a dime a dozen in today's NHL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]6 goals.  in 11 games.  Call me crazy but thats called a good start.  I don't care if Gretzky banked them off his behind.  6 goals in 11 games is 6 goals in 11 games.  .   3 in 10 isnt a bad start either.  And of course he will cool off. NOT- I for one miss your point blank honesty Dez- We had a solid debate.  Love it.

3 in 10 is about 25 a year.  After cooling off, it's more like 15-18.

Big whoop!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Shup, you want Torres on the Bruins roster in place of who, exactly?  Caron?  Marchand? 

I don't care how many goals he scores for the Canucks.  I am happy with the Bruins roster the way it is. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Mutant- This was pre-season debate.  Who would I want him over.  Ummm anyone on the 3rd line. But the cheaper money spent is producing. I like Marchand on the 3rd line.  He is a fellow Maritimer. 

NOT- 3 in 10 is about 20-25.  What is 6 in 11?  Outside shot at 30 goals?  If healthy I would say yes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NOT- 3 in 10 is about 20-25.  What is 6 in 11?  Outside shot at 30 goals?  If healthy I would say yes.

I'm sure you know how bogus this is, so I'm not going to continue it.

Let's talk again after 40 games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

[QUOTE]Mutant- This was pre-season debate.  Who would I want him over.  Ummm anyone on the 3rd line. But the cheaper money spent is producing. I like Marchand on the 3rd line.  He is a fellow Maritimer.  NOT- 3 in 10 is about 20-25.  What is 6 in 11?  Outside shot at 30 goals?  If healthy I would say yes.

Ill def. Keep seguin the 3rd line center over Torres but w/e some people love that pretty G stat.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NOT- Agreed.  40 games and we shall chat again.  I was a bit premature with the post after a hot start.  I just wanted to rattle your cage more than anything.  Summer is over.  We need NOT at his best.

Seguin- Slipped my mind that TS was there.  No question I want him over Torres.  My blunder.  But over Ryder/Wheeler?  No brainer.  And over our 4th line?  No brainer- if keeping contract status out of the question. 

I will lay this claim before the 40 games are up.  IF Torres stays healthy he will score more goals than anyone on the 3-4th line on the B's.  

We shall revisit this after 40 games.

NOT- more posts please

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

7 goals in 12 games.  C'mon Raffi get 20 by Xmas.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]NOT- Agreed.  40 games and we shall chat again.  I was a bit premature with the post after a hot start.  I just wanted to rattle your cage more than anything.  Summer is over.  We need NOT at his best. Seguin- Slipped my mind that TS was there.  No question I want him over Torres.  My blunder.  But over Ryder/Wheeler?  No brainer.  And over our 4th line?  No brainer- if keeping contract status out of the question.  I will lay this claim before the 40 games are up.  IF Torres stays healthy he will score more goals than anyone on the 3-4th line on the B's.   We shall revisit this after 40 games. NOT- more posts please

Id agree with that statement. Marshy-Campbel-Torres could put some low end D units through a loop.