Rask and Bruins 1st round pick to Atlanta for a 26 year old impact player

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from weeiweeiweei. Show weeiweeiweei's posts

Rask and Bruins 1st round pick to Atlanta for a 26 year old impact player

Goalies are easy to find scorers are not. Put a bad goalie on a good team he is a good goalie and if you put a good goalie on a b ad defensive team and you have a bad goalie. Ask Detroit Red Wings!!!!!

You play one year at a time in sports. With a nucleus of Savard-Chara-Bergeron-Kovulcuk you have as much chance as any to win the Cup. With Tim Thomas in net you have 3 more years to find another goalie. With Toronto's high draft pick you dod not need the Bruins late first round selection.

Jeremy Jacobs is all about the economics of the sport. Kovie fever will bring a alot of Jingle to his pockets for the rest of the season. If the Bruins do not get him then they will lose money period. With a line of Savard and Kovie they will score They were linemates in Atlanta for 3 years before he arrived in Boston. Chemistry!!!

Whatever it takes do the deal as we may all be dead by next season. Make hay when you can. My last impression I want to make is he is 26 26 26 26 26 and a super star super star super star

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: Rask and Bruins 1st round pick to Atlanta for a 26 year old impact player

No

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Bad idea.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Double no

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Goalies aren't easy to find and to think if we did this trade we would have to watch Thomas all year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I completely disagree.

Yes, a goalie is easy to find. A good goalie is not easy to find. A potential franchise goalie who was ranked #1 goalie prospect in the world is very tough to find. There are 18 skaters that play 5 to 20 minutes in the game. There is only 1 goalie who plays the entire game. Having a top goalie is much more important than having a good scorer. Thats why most GM's build their team from the net out, like NJ & MTL, unfortunately they have not done too bad a job at collecting cups. Letting Rask go at this point would be the dumbest possible move by far, and you think putting him in with the #1 pick for a great goal scorer for a couple months is a good idea, really?? 

Detroit has had a very solid team top to bottom and had had some great goalies also, like Hasek and Osgood turns into a machine in the playoffs.

Yes, Kovy would attract more fans for the remainder of the year. But what happens next year and possibly the next 15 or so years where Rask could have been the franchise goalie and an imediate impact player could have been here also, but are now gone with NOTHING in return, not even cap space! You thought the team looks bad this year...  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

Goalies (I assume he means quality goalies) are easy to find??   What in the world are you smoking??  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marc627. Show Marc627's posts

dumbest thing ive herd. find the nearest bridge and jump off it .... NOW!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Rask will be a our goalie no doubt it takes time find a netminder and be fit and ready for NHL. Look at Price throw the rookie in for the playoffs. He Price has never been the same since then. The Bruins are keeping Rask.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

How about:
    Thomas (5 mil), Ryder (4 mil), Wideman (3.75 mil) & 2nd Rounder for
    Kovalchuk (6.5 mil) & Hedberg (1.1 mil)

Then with 12.25 mil going the other way we have the cap room to resign Kovalchuk, let Hedberg walk after the season and sign a back up goalie like Leighton for next year.

I know it's a pipe dream but if we could ever get out of those three contracts it would be amazing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigblue72. Show bigblue72's posts

Cant let Rask go. I got to watch him every game here in Providence and he's solid. Put a good team in front of him and he's a brick wall. He's pasionate about his game, just check link below. He could backstop the Bruins for a long time and put up some awesome numbers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yshV_P4qB8w

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Savybergy, that would be a perfect trade imo for the B's, even if Kovy does not sign next year, it gives us alot to work with, without hurting our future.

..too bad i'm not Mr. Waddle!

goes with out saying weei guy is a hamburg shy a happymeal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I have watched this game long enough now to know that in the playoffs... i would say 8 times out of 10, the team with the better goalie will win the match up.  A goalie can bring you a cup almost by himslef but an offensive player never will.  Otherwise how come the Thrasher have made the playoffs only once since Kovy has been there.  Don't forget that he has been a non factor also. 
       If they trade Rask...especially with the poor history the Bruins had in net...this will comeback and bite them.  It is a big NO NO!! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neely8Canadians. Show Neely8Canadians's posts

What and leave Thomas to get older? Rask as it stands is the future.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neely8Canadians. Show Neely8Canadians's posts

Wideman,Ryder,Sobotka, B's first rounder.

If anything works to bring any high scorer this could be it.
    Not many card left.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from grouse48. Show grouse48's posts

Most every team that has one the stanley cup in the last 30 years has had a good goalie. But they have had one thing that the Ruins havent had since Neeley. A power forward who can score 50 + goals a season. Thats why the Ruins got beat last year in the second round. And whats really going to be funny this year is when Toronto finishes 10 points ahead of the Ruins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neely8Canadians. Show Neely8Canadians's posts

If that happens and we get nothing as we are. it's back to the same old B's farming off picks and players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Sorry, as much as I'd love to think the Leafs will make much hay for the rest of this year they will NOT finish ahead of the Bruins at all, let along 10 points.

If we're lucky we finish 6th or 7th last.  0-October was too big a hole to crawl out of and the recent losing streak undid everything they worked hard to get to before that. 

That is fantasy talk.  Next year I see brighter days for the Leafs...

I think the Bruins still make the playoffs though with or without a deal.  Start by beating up the Habs tonight.

The Habs are one topic we unite with the Bruin Fans.......we both hate them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Weeiweei:

Bad news: You had a brain cramp.

Good news: It'll pass.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Grouse, that's a ridiculous statement.  From start to finish - ridiculous.  For starters, if you're talking guys who snipe, Guerin and Murray were power forwards who scored in the 40+ goal range in Boston - and given how few players since Neely have even hit the 50 mark, I'd group them in with most of the top power forward goal-scorers of the last 20 years (Ovechkin, Crosby, Jagr - different class of player all together).  If you disagree with that latitude, then you can't say Eric Staal is a 50 goal power forward either.  

Right now, the Bruins couldn't score if they were Angelina Jolie at a TombRaider convention.  That makes scoring look like the one thing you can't win without.  In 1990, Bill Ranford made it look like a top-five goalie was the one thing you can't win without.  Teams without a true #1 defenseman will say that you can't win without a horse on D.  Whatever you ain't got, that's what makes the difference.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

"Goalies are easy to find scorers are not."

So true. We can always find a Ryabchikov, Cheveldae, Lacher, Blue, Casey, Bales, Toivenen, Riendeau, Carey, Delgudice, Billington, or Tallas.

It's not as though having a good goalie is important in hockey. They should blow up the team for a guy that'll be playing in Russia next year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

No way Thomas waives his ntc to go to a poor non playoff franchise. I dont think that poster is smoking something, im sure it must be injected!!!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

seriously- enough with the kovi manlove.

are you related to milbury? he loved trading goalies.

Sections
Shortcuts