Rask as our #1... When?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from The_Usual_softy. Show The_Usual_softy's posts

Rask as our #1... When?

The more it goes, the more Rask is showing great promises. Another very good performances, last night, against the Leafs and the team doesn't seems to be rattle easily when he's between the pipes. Positionning and technics VS instincts and acrobatics. When, in your opinion, Rask should be our #1 keeper. Right now? At the trade deadline? In the off-season? Maybe it's time for some fans to come to the realisation that Chiarelli overreacted when he gave that awful 4 years deal to Thomas... That NMC will haunt this team...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DARVISH55. Show DARVISH55's posts

Re: Rask as our #1... When?

Having 2 competent goalies is a good problem to have. It's something that can only benefit us in the logn run of the season...it picks up timmys game and vice versa. Probably should ride the hot hand with Rask now obviously but that doesnt mean Timmy should be forgotten. Rask will be our #1 in the future, just not in the forseable one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Who knows when, but I think we are a step closer after those 2 leaf games and the 6 straight starts with TT on the bench.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

messing with success in goaltender is not something i would like to see

Keep the two goalies..

Rask is a rookie, rookies historically have ups and downs... I sure as hell wouldn't want to spoil the great job the bruins have done bring this kid along at the exact right time.

two goalies is fine for me, espcially two goalies of the quality of Thomas and Rask

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

He is already our no.1 ....duh ! ! !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

Rask just beat 2 times an AHL club (Leafs) ! Wait a moment please before put TT on garbage.

I'm really tired about this goalies comparison......we need BOTH !

If we trade Thomas and Rask gets hurt, who will play in playoffs ???? Sabourin ??

Come on !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Your not going to change the Thomas haters.. they just live in the present and don't really care about the future ... anyway, the way I see it.. Thomas is here for three more years minimum and will be the #1 goalie, so get used to it haters.... and Rask will backup and continue his  education of playing in the big leagues.. It's called gaining experience...What a nice problem to have, two capable goalies.... As I have stated before ::  "STOP the INSANITY"  PLEASE!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

Talk about jumping the gun on the drama. Give the guy 12 games.

Still laughing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Rask is the #1 right now.  But so what?  I'm guessing he'll get the chance to see how far he can push his hot streak.  That hot streak will eventually end, and when it does, look for Thomas to play the majority of the games again.  I'm guessing this is how it will be for the next two years - Julien will ride whoever's hot, and when in doubt, he'll go with the veteran.  For the last year of Tuuka's new contract, though, look for him to get the reins as the precursor to a new deal.

Dealing either of them really isn't an option. Better to risk $5M on the pine and $56M on the golf course in May because Sabourin was our only netminder.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Rask is the best backup goalie in the league.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In Response to Re: Rask as our #1... When?:
    [QUOTE]Rask is the best backup goalie in the league.
    Posted by stillallbost08[/QUOTE]

Can't even call him a back up at this point, with a 60-40% split, more like a 1a and 1b.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

[QUOTE]Rask just beat 2 times an AHL club (Leafs) ! Wait a moment please before put TT on garbage. I'm really tired about this goalies comparison......we need BOTH ! If we trade Thomas and Rask gets hurt, who will play in playoffs ???? Sabourin ?? Come on !
    Posted by Peanator[/QUOTE]

I am not arguing your valid point. But on the other hand, what if we do trade TT to use the extra 5m for a sniper? Rask plays 80% of the games and the offense pots another 30 (hopefully 40+ for Kovalchuk) goals, we have a better team no doubt.

And to play the devils advocate to myself, traditionally the B's have hit young goalie walls on year 2, Carey, Lacher, Toivonen, Raycroft to name a few off the top of my head. Tuukka seems more promising than these guys on and off the ice, physically and mentally IMHO though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

The better Rask plays the worse that long expensive contract to Thomas looks.  PC has made an obvious error in siginging Timmy until he is 40?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

there is no question who the better goaltender has been this season but that doesn't mean we should trade thomas. Everyone that has read my posts knows that I am NOT a fan of Thomas, but that doesn't mean we should trade the guy just yet....in the off season, different story.
    Rask has better numbers in every statistical category except shut outs, but hes still just a rookie, we don't want another carey price on our hands

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Boston is not going to get Kovalchuk, get it out of your heads. Boston is not going to give up the reigning Vezina winner for a 2 month rental player. And no matter how many Savard-like contracts PC gives out, we'll never be able to afford what he wants to keep him longer

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Why not 1A and 1B ? I really don't care whom is considered "A" because the Bruins are winning. For anyone asking for Thomas to be traded because they think Rask is ready (after 14 starts ?) or to free up cap space......

Go see a Doctor there's something wrong with you!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

sandog, would it change your opinion if Rask kept this pace up for the rest of the season, and wound up with 35 starts + and a GAA around 2? would you trade Thomas then?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

I get what you guys are saying, but I do see good reason for Rask optimism. We all see something great there-- we're just unsure whether it will last. So far, however, we've seen that he is very reliable. In fact, aside from a couple of amateurish mistakes that rookies are pretty much expected to make, this guy is smokin. No reason to think that'll change.

No Thomas isn't smokin after 17 games, but let's not forget he actually kept the team afloat in a few of those games while everyone else was playing horrible hockey.

That's as realistic an attitude as I can manage.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from The_Usual_softy. Show The_Usual_softy's posts

[QUOTE]I get what you guys are saying, but I do see good reason for Rask optimism. We all see something great there-- we're just unsure whether it will last. So far, however, we've seen that he is very reliable. In fact, aside from a couple of amateurish mistakes that rookies are pretty much expected to make, this guy is smokin. No reason to think that'll change. No Thomas isn't smokin after 17 games, but let's not forget he actually kept the team afloat in a few of those games while everyone else was playing horrible hockey. That's as realistic an attitude as I can manage.
    Posted by TheoryNeutral[/QUOTE]

But he sank us in OT, last year...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No David I mean Patrice I don't think Thomas will be traded this trade deadline, this summer or next season. I think PC will keep them both for at least 2 1/2 more seasons. The man does like his competition.

The minute Chiarelli trades Thomas and Rask goes down Bruins nation would be calling for Peter's head. Rask can start more now if Boston keeps winning. Maybe you'll get your wish and Timmy will ask for a trade nah doubtful. Thomas knows this team and organization is getting better.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

[QUOTE]Having 2 competent goalies is a good problem to have. It's something that can only benefit us in the logn run of the season...it picks up timmys game and vice versa. Probably should ride the hot hand with Rask now obviously but that doesnt mean Timmy should be forgotten. Rask will be our #1 in the future, just not in the forseable one.
    Posted by DARVISH55[/QUOTE]

Having tow competent goalie is a good problem...when you have two good competent goalis. They have one good goalie and I will give you hint - he does not flip and flop in the net and he did not give up that gift wrapped present on the first islander goal. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask as our #1... When? : But he sank us in OT, last year...
    Posted by TheUsualSofty[/QUOTE]

He sank us in OT tonight.

:|

It's becoming increasingly difficult to be optimistic about Thomas. I'm sure it's temporary but obviously the team needs a little reliability...