Rask gets the start tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

Rask gets the start tonight

I would have preffered to see Thomas get the start tonight. Rask should have waited until Saturday to be "eased-in" against a weaker team (not because he's bad, but because he's only played one game almost 2 weeks ago).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

Re: Rask gets the start tonight

I would have liked to see Timmy get the home start in front of the fans, he's earned it.

But Tuukka needs to get back in the saddle as he is the future.

Oh, the dilemma of having two good goalies!

Go Bruins  and Devils beat those Scabs!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Tuukka needs a much better performance tonight. Last Spring he petered out and his first start this year was not good enough. Gonna be tough for him against the Caps but I'm cheering him on.

All these people who want to annoint Rask as the no. 1. At his age and experience level confidence is fragile. I hope he gets a boost tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Bruins win 3-1 (same as last game).

Chara back to being the best shut-down defender in the league.

Having said that, I watched Duncan Keith last night in the Van/Chic game.

Man that guy is smooth.  Never buckles under pressure and always seems to make the right decision plus playing almost 30 minutes a game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I don't mind Rask in net tonite..he has to play eventually .. the big job for CJ is going to keep both guys happy, especially if both are playing well. Who do you sit?  Now if one falters his decision is made much easier....but nice problem to have I think...

Nifty, Tuuka's confidence level is far from fragile.. This kid comes across as confident as any young goalie I have seen in interviews that I have seen,  and we certainly saw  plenty of it in his play in last years run , especially against Buffalo.  .. What I think burned him late in the playoffs  was exhaustion of a long run in net , and losing some of his sharpness because he was not used to it at this level.. I don't worry about him at all..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

CJ HAD EVERYBODY  THINKING ITS THOMAS IN TONIGHT LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In Response to Re: Rask gets the start tonight:
    [QUOTE]Tuukka needs a much better performance tonight. Last Spring he petered out and his first start this year was not good enough. Gonna be tough for him against the Caps but I'm cheering him on. All these people who want to annoint Rask as the no. 1. At his age and experience level confidence is fragile. I hope he gets a boost tonight.
    Posted by niftybear[/QUOTE]

Game 1 was not Tuukka's fault. He wasn't getting much support. He showed promis last season and needs to follow it up with another strong season if he wants to silence the doubters.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Rask gets the start tonight:
    [QUOTE] Oh, the dilemma of having two good goalies!
    Posted by NorthernBrewin[/QUOTE]

It's a great problem to have.  CJ gets to keep them both hungry, sharp AND fresh all season long.  Come playoff time, go with the hotter hand.  This is a really a win-win scenario for the Bruins. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

OH NO HE DOESNT! (in my best hood-rat voice)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

Ok Cowboys9, I'll concede. Good points. I hope Rask has a great game Saturday. I like both goalies. I was just disappointed in his first outing this year but then again, they all played bad. If the B's win on Saturday I'll be dancing.

Sections
Shortcuts