Rask is not a Venzina nor ROY candidate? Also extension talk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Rask is not a Venzina nor ROY candidate? Also extension talk

Rask played 45 games and posted the best save ptc and gaa and he is not even worth a look at these awards? That is dumb imo

Before if a goalie played i think 40 to 45 games he would be qualified for these awards. Now they have to play like the whole season? 

Can someone clarify how many games a goalie needs to play to be eligible for these awards?

Also If Tim Thomas is worth 5 mill a year what is Rask worth? Is it premature to think about pulling a dipietro type of signing to keep rask with us for the rest of his career as a bruin? The kid is only 1987 born and a 10 year deal would still make him 33.

I have a great feeling about him that i really didn't have with many other goalies the bruins had before (even with Timmy because of his unorthodox ways).

I would be suprised if rask lost his ways any time soon. (Canadians prob thought the same thing about Price and now his confidence is all but gone)

Its tricky thing with goalies. But i think at this rate Rask could be worth 7 mill easily after his extension and there will be plenty of teams trying to sign him. Maybe mid way next year if he is the same rask we have witnessed these past years we could sign him to a 9 year 45 million deal.

Your thoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Re: Rask is not a Venzina nor ROY candidate? Also extension talk

Would you know though how many games min a goalie these days need to play to qualify for these awards? 60 games?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

I didn't see the finalists for the Calder.  When were they announced?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Rask is not a Venzina nor ROY candidate? Also extension talk:
    Would you know though how many games min a goalie these days need to play to qualify for these awards? 60 games?
    Posted by yaz16

TT only played 54 last year.  I would say that that's about the limit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Rask is not a Venzina nor ROY candidate? Also extension talk:
    In Response to Re: Rask is not a Venzina nor ROY candidate? Also extension talk : TT only played 54 last year.  I would say that that's about the limit.
    Posted by Raskman

For any award a player must have been in a minimum 25 games. Rask was eligible for both the Calder & the Vezina.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Most starting goalies played MUCH more than 40 something games.  Rask was not a full season starter so is not receiving serious consideration.  If you look at the finalists-they played 60plus games or in that neighborhood.

It is a shame because TR had a fantastic season.  Maybe he can settle for the Conn Smythe award???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

His time will come

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

I didn't see the finalists for the Calder.  When were they announced?
    Posted by Raskman

I dont think that they have been announced yet. I think that Tuukka qualifies based on the amount of games played, just not sure that his # of games played is enough to make him a threat to win the Calder.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

need to lock this kid up for a long time. He is no doubt one of our franchise players

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Rask is not a Venzina nor ROY candidate? Also extension talk:
    (Canadians prob thought the same thing about Price and now his confidence is all but gone) Its tricky thing with goalies.
    Posted by yaz16

Many compared him to Price but Price was left to dry when Gainey got rid of Huet and made him the one and only number1.  Huet was his mentor. 
    They rushed him in,  they said he was their next Roy , he was their savior in a town that only hockey rules.
    First the Bruins took him to game7 and exposed him ,  then the Flyers finished him off.  Last season in playoffs the Bruins put the cherry on top on this poor kids career. He must leave Montreal to re-find himself.
    Rask on the otherhand is something else. He also is in his 1st full season, 1st playoffs but he seems far ahead of Price and so much more confident.
    Rask knows behind him there's a solid goalie in TT , I would even say a great role model . I bet TT's experience in Finland boas well with his relationship with Rask.
    Lastly ,  Julien is a genius on how he brought this kid in.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Can you say Rick DiPietro?  That's why no 10-year contracts for any goalie, no matter how good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

& bergeron is not a Selke nominee either?   id take him over both staal or kesler for defensive play

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

They can't talk extension with TR until the last year of his next deal now - so about a year and a half.

As for the awards, it's not so much that there was a minimum games threshold as that the other three played at the same level longer - or very close to the same level.  Always hard to measure stats for goalies unless you factor in team style, opposition etc.  Grant Fuhr's stats were never eye-popping until you watched the Oilers play and realized there was no Oiler anywhere near him for long stretches - they were all waiting for a long rebound so they could go score!  Scary how well it worked for them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

I think the 3 Calder finalists will be Tyler Myers, Matt Duchene and Jimmy Howard.

Tuukka hasn't started as many games as Jimmy which is why I believe he'll be the odd man out. Not quite fair as Rask had to overtake the reigning Vezina winner while Jimmy had to beat out Osgood. Arguments can be made for both goalies as Calder nominees. Heck, Howie's numbers are Vezina worthy as well. While both are deserving of the nomination, IMO Jimmy gets the nod.

Howard; 63 GP, 61 GS, 37-15-10, 2.26 GAA, .924 Save%, 3 SO

Rask; 45 GP, 39 GS, 22-12-5, 1.97 GAA, .931 Save%, 5 SO

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Howard is a bag of potatoes vs Rask.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mironov. Show Mironov's posts

I think the 3 Calder finalists will be Tyler Myers, Matt Duchene and Jimmy Howard. Tuukka hasn't started as many games as Jimmy which is why I believe he'll be the odd man out. Not quite fair as Rask had to overtake the reigning Vezina winner while Jimmy had to beat out Osgood. Arguments can be made for both goalies as Calder nominees. Heck, Howie's numbers are Vezina worthy as well. While both are deserving of the nomination, IMO Jimmy gets the nod. Howard; 63 GP, 61 GS, 37-15-10, 2.26 GAA, .924 Save%, 3 SO Rask; 45 GP, 39 GS, 22-12-5, 1.97 GAA, .931 Save%, 5 SO
    Posted by BruWingFan

Does the playoffs count on calder?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

In Response to Re: Rask is not a Venzina nor ROY candidate? Also extension talk : Does the playoffs count on calder?
    Posted by Mironov

I don't think the playoffs count since they're already releasing lists, but the last few weeks of the season should count, and Rask should at least be a candidate for ROY, I beleive he's qaulaified, and without him, I dont' think there would have a been a playoffs for the Bruins, let alone a series lead (sorry TT).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Rask is not a Venzina nor ROY candidate? Also extension talk : I don't think the playoffs count since they're already releasing lists, but the last few weeks of the season should count, and Rask should at least be a candidate for ROY, I beleive he's qaulaified, and without him, I dont' think there would have a been a playoffs for the Bruins, let alone a series lead (sorry TT).
    Posted by deejm2112

The Conn Smythe is the only play-off award. Everything else is based on the regular season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

In Response to Re: Rask is not a Venzina nor ROY candidate? Also extension talk : Does the playoffs count on calder?
    Posted by Mironov

All awards voting is completed prior to the playoffs with the obvious exception of the Conn Smythe. They just release the names of the players who made the top 3 in voting.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I agree that the faci that Rask was not a consideration is proving once again that the so-called experts don't know what they are talking about.  They just go with the trend and don't watch that many games.
       Rask was under pressure all year having to play in close games.  Howard on the other hand is playign for Detroit who can score a lot of goals.  
       Rask will shut their mouth with the playoffs!!