Rask is not ready

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

Re: Rask is not ready

Anybody saying Rask has not proved anything yet should realize neither has TT. Oh yeah he got some hardwear last year, but playing in front of a very very good "D" and still did not get a 2nd round win. This year with a not so good "D" he is average at best. Rask has proven that his calm poise makes the B's relaxed and confident. I've said it before and I'll say it again; The B's will NOT win a cup with TT in net, he can not stop the puck when they need it most...the playoffs, never has and never will. Rask can, end of story.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

In Response to Rask is not ready:
    TT should be in net tonight and let Rask play every 4-5 games. That 3rd goal might be the worst goal I've seen in several years.
    Posted by stillallbost08

I assume you're kidding....right? The kid has being playing lights, makes one mistake and you're ready to judge him as not ready. Last night's game would not have even been a meaningful game if it wasn't for Rask because the Bruins would have fallen out of the race weeks ago.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

I like Rask's positional play. A lot of times the puck hits him while he's stationary, which is a sign he's playing his angles well and lets the puck come to him. I had the opportunity to see him from the third row in Buffalo before the break (we were seated at the faceoff dot at Rask's end of the ice for two periods), and he's a cool customer.

Having said that, I remember the first few times thatI saw Andrew Raycroft, I thought the Bruins were set in goal for 10 years. So if I'm the GM, I'm not in a big hurry to move Tim Thomas. People complain about his salary, but there are 10 other goaltenders with higher cap numbers in 2010-11, according to nhlnumbers.com. That, to me, muffles the gripes about TT's salary.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

thank you.  i am so sick of the tukka time rask fan club. the kid aint ready yet to lead the show. this is clutch playoff like hockey on the road. call, THOMAS TO CARRY THE LOAD!!! ANYTHING ELSE IS AN ACT OF JUST PLAYING OUT THE SEASON.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

In Response to Re: Rask is not ready:
    Anybody who doesn't believe Tuukka Rask isn't ready for the NHL is out of their mind and doesn't know     about goaltending. He' a far superior position goaltender than Tim Thomas, very rarely out of position, controls rebounds well, lowest GAA, third highest save percentage. I think Tim Thomas is a very good goaltender as well but Rask is better and will continue to improve. Keep up the fire Tuukka. 
    Posted by Shadowcpt

RASK IS GOING TO BE A GREAT NHL #1 GOALIE DOWN THE ROAD, BUT HE IS NOT THE GUY TO GO TO NOW IN A PLAYOFF CHASE!!! YOU HAVE A SEASON VETERAN WHO HAS BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT VS A KID WHO HAS NO NHL PRESSURE GAME EXPERIENCE...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Hey 54 blitzer...what happend last time TT was in the net.  We lost the game against who...a very good team right...the second best team of the league...Toronto!!
       Just one little detail second best from the bottom!!  Give me a break if TT would have been in the net against the Flyers we could have lost the game even while scoring 5 goals.
       If Tukka would have been in the net against the Leafs we probably would have won in regulation.  How many times has Tukka give more than 2 goals this year.  How many times more than 3. 
       Again i am glad that you are not the Bruins GM. 
       We will make the playoffs because Rask will start most of the games.  All the games that TT will start from now on is like starting the game at -1.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SylvesterMexicano. Show SylvesterMexicano's posts

I like Rask's positional play. A lot of times the puck hits him while he's stationary, which is a sign he's playing his angles well and lets the puck come to him. I had the opportunity to see him from the third row in Buffalo before the break (we were seated at the faceoff dot at Rask's end of the ice for two periods), and he's a cool customer. Having said that, I remember the first few times thatI saw Andrew Raycroft, I thought the Bruins were set in goal for 10 years. So if I'm the GM, I'm not in a big hurry to move Tim Thomas. People complain about his salary, but there are 10 other goaltenders with higher cap numbers in 2010-11, according to nhlnumbers.com. That, to me, muffles the gripes about TT's salary. Posted by felixwas

Well put not much more to add here except if your Wash., Chicago or San Jose you'd kill to be in the position of PC and Boston. Teams metioned above will go nowhere in the playoffs with there goaltending. Soft, Soft, Soft!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

thank you.  i am so sick of the tukka time rask fan club. the kid aint ready yet to lead the show. this is clutch playoff like hockey on the road. call, THOMAS TO CARRY THE LOAD!!! ANYTHING ELSE IS AN ACT OF JUST PLAYING OUT THE SEASON.
    Posted by 54BLITZER

It's not a matter of being a fan, it's simple analysis. The kid can play the position and in a number of key fundamentals he's superior to TT. Watch the both of them play. Yes, he made a few mistakes against the Habs but those mistakes are not exclusive to rookie goaltenders. Tim Thomas has been caught of position and has given up awful rebounds numerous times. But he's still a very good goaltender as is Tuukka. Lastly, goaltending is not a problem on this team, thank God they have two good goalies.

Sections
Shortcuts