Rask is not ready

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Rask is not ready

TT should be in net tonight and let Rask play every 4-5 games. That 3rd goal might be the worst goal I've seen in several years.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

Re: Rask is not ready

ra 7.5 million to tap dance with his buddy wideman all nite  2 circus clown s , they havent got no balls

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

No. He's good enough to play at this level. He just lost track of the puck on a funny bounce (granted if you go to make a play like that you have to be sure to make it!) It cost us at least 1 point tonight. I didn't see much good out on the ice tonight from any of the Bruins. I did like the individual effort that Lucic gave to put in that second goal... nice to see from him (finally.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SylvesterMexicano. Show SylvesterMexicano's posts

That was a bad bounce and Rask is young he'll learn from it Montreal ghosts...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

You must be TT's gf to say that Rask is not ready.  TT gave up 30 goals like that in his carreer.  TT would have never made the glove stop that Rask made during the game.  The 3 goals from the Habs where garbage goals.  It is hard to win the game when the other team has 3 breaks in the same game!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GutlessChara. Show GutlessChara's posts

In Response to Rask is not ready:
    TT should be in net tonight and let Rask play every 4-5 games. That 3rd goal might be the worst goal I've seen in several years.
    Posted by stillallbost08

So we can see Tuna Thomas let three goals through the biggest five hole in hockey. Thomas is just fine sitting on the end of the bench

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I agree stillallbost...I have been saying that Tukka is still a long way from being a legitimate #1 starter.. and all Julien has done this year with his terrible goaltending decisions is really put down Thomas confidence level all year long.. as soon as he had a bad game he was pulled...But the Thomas bashers at least tonite are at rest..or maybe defending Tukka .. I like Rask and one day I think great things will happen to this kid for the Bruins.. now is not the time..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: Rask is not ready:
    I agree stillallbost...I have been saying that Tukka is still a long way from being a legitimate #1 starter.. and all Julien has done this year with his terrible goaltending decisions is really put down Thomas confidence level all year long.. as soon as he had a bad game he was pulled...But the Thomas bashers at least tonite are at rest..or maybe defending Tukka .. I like Rask and one day I think great things will happen to this kid for the Bruins.. now is not the time..
    Posted by cowboys9

I think both of you are way over analyzing the goalie situation.  CJ is simply going with the goalie that is playing the best, and who the team plays in front of the best.  So far that is not Thomas.  Sure Tuk made a mistake playing the puck behind the net; I remember Thomas doing the same thing against the Canadians earlier this year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

In Response to Re: Rask is not ready : I think both of you are way over analyzing the goalie situation.  CJ is simply going with the goalie that is playing the best, and who the team plays in front of the best.  So far that is not Thomas.  Sure Tuk made a mistake playing the puck behind the net; I remember Thomas doing the same thing against the Canadians earlier this year. 
    Posted by dbg1

Totally agree..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: Rask is not ready : Totally agree..
    Posted by SupportLocal81

yup

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Look- the point is that it's obvious Rask has talent, and he may be more fundamentally sound then Thomas. But, he hasn't proven anything yet...it takes a lot more then talent to be a legit #1 NHL goaltender.
    And it's not black and white, because Rask hasn't been under real pressure yet -
    Thomas has. And you'll NEVER out compete Tim Thomas, and you won't find heart in the stat sheet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

"And you'll NEVER out compete Tim Thomas,.."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I like Rask, I think he has a lot of potential. However way to many soft goals this year. He seems to stop all the hard ones and let in the easy ones.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Rask is playing better than Timmy, and misplayed a strange bounce, end of story. What really happened was that Chara gave away the puck at least 5 times with poor passes; he also had 10 out of 12 shots blocked; he is continuing to play inconsistently this entire year. Plus, the Begin line was really awful all night; Ryder continues to miss passes and to slow down Kreji's line with poor commitment. Wideman continues his erratic play, Hunwick and Boychuck are only marginally better. On the good side, Marchand continues to get in the face of opponents and was in the mix when Lucic scored.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

How many bad goals has Rask allowed since he's playing in the NHL.  The guy is 22.  If you still can't see the potential of this kid and the fact that he is a franchise player(my definition of a franchise player: a players that could win a game almost by himself)...then i am glad that you guys are not the Bruins GM.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Posted by stillallbost08

You are a complete idiot. The first goal he had deflect of Dennis S. stick up high top-shelf, he had that puck lined up. That third goal was a bad bounce off the boards, there was nothing he could of done to prevent that. He played it the right way. I don't fault him for that loss at all. He's done a tremendous job.

I have never trusted Timmy and his style. He lets in a lot of soft goals, he's more of a side to side extremist, throwing his body at the puck (hoping it hits him).

Rask is the better goalie, thats a fact... like it or not...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Rask is not ready : HAHAHAHA Like it would matter
    Posted by Triumph-

Somehow I think you're not getting the response you did last time you were posting . Could it be what you're posting is being IGNORED ? HAHA Just thought I'd let you know . Now my turn. IGNORE !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Anybody who doesn't believe Tuukka Rask isn't ready for the NHL is out of their mind and doesn't know     about goaltending. He' a far superior position goaltender than Tim Thomas, very rarely out of position, controls rebounds well, lowest GAA, third highest save percentage. I think Tim Thomas is a very good goaltender as well but Rask is better and will continue to improve. Keep up the fire Tuukka. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

A play like that you can say was more of a rookie mistake.The good ones learn from this and don't make a habit of costing your team games by making stupid mistakes.Tuuka owned up afterwards so just move on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

This debate is as boring as the Kessel debate.

I think they are both very good goaltenders, with Rask becoming the #1 and Thomas moved eventually.

Goaltending is NOT the problem with the Bruins.  They would be winning a lot more consistently if they had a legitimate scorer (or two) and a defense that wasn't so slow.  In fact the only chance they have to make hay in the playoffs will be because of the goaltending.

Best course of action, IMHO, is to continue going with the hot goaltender, keep Thomas 1 more year while giving Rask more and more playing time against the top teams next year and see if he's ready to take over the starting role on a consistent basis.
    He's only 22 and you don't want to bail on Thomas (even with the big contract) until you're sure you have a good backup ready.  After 1 more year, teams may be more willing to take on the contract (or at least the majority of the contract) and Bruins will be able to turn that into a nice trade and/or draft picks.

Bruins need 1 of Hall or Seguin next year and a defenceman with some speed to help move the puck better.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

This debate is as boring as the Kessel debate. I think they are both very good goaltenders, with Rask becoming the #1 and Thomas moved eventually. Goaltending is NOT the problem with the Bruins.  They would be winning a lot more consistently if they had a legitimate scorer (or two) and a defense that wasn't so slow.  In fact the only chance they have to make hay in the playoffs will be because of the goaltending. Best course of action, IMHO, is to continue going with the hot goaltender, keep Thomas 1 more year while giving Rask more and more playing time against the top teams next year and see if he's ready to take over the starting role on a consistent basis. He's only 22 and you don't want to bail on Thomas (even with the big contract) until you're sure you have a good backup ready.  After 1 more year, teams may be more willing to take on the contract (or at least the majority of the contract) and Bruins will be able to turn that into a nice trade and/or draft picks. Bruins need 1 of Hall or Seguin next year and a defenceman with some speed to help move the puck better.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

Well said and agree totally !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by stillallbost08

It's called another Bruins-Hab game.  You never saw this movie ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

great idea, lets sit down the guy leading the league in GAA
    Posted by pbergeron37

Haven't you heard...Rask is the product of the system just like all the anti TT fans were saying last year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I don't think CJ is going with the hot guy.  If he was TT would still be in net.  Rask was playing quite a bit, and he deserved it but once he got injured TT played great hockey. 

CJ then went back to Rask after he got healthy despite TT having a great run.  Although Rask looked great in Philly, he gave up two terrible goals last night.

One thing to me is obviouse:  In Claude Julien's way-too-predictable style, he will sit Rask after that one game and go with TT next game. 

Neither goalie is getting any justice under this head coach.  The way he has handled BOTH tenders this year has been awful.

Sections
Shortcuts