RASK IS THE NEW #1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from closetightly. Show closetightly's posts

RASK IS THE NEW #1

Rask should clearly be the new #1 goaltender now for this team.

The Bruins clearly play better and play more confident with him in net.

Good things always seem to happen for the Bruins when Thomas is on the bench.

$20 Million dollar albatross.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

Re: RASK IS THE NEW #1

In Response to RASK IS THE NEW #1:
    Rask should clearly be the new #1 goaltender now for this team. The Bruin clearly play better and play more confident with him in net. Good things always seem to happen for the Bruins when Thomas is on the bench. $20 Million dollar albatross.
    Posted by closetightly

I hear you loud and clear...I am glad that I am not the only making this call

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Eventually you will get your wish, but that will be about 3 years down the road , maybe.. Rask still needs experience, and the guy makes me nervous handling the puck behind the net..not to mention his D men,  but everything else that I have seen he has made great strides.. He will be the future of the Bruins just not yet..
    Actually the Bruins play with more confidence when Thomas is in net.. the D especially know where to be on the dump ins, as with Rask it turns out to be an adventure sometimes back there..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFan294. Show BostonFan294's posts

The bruins invested far too much $ into Thomas to make him the backup. It is way too early to say rask is the #1. We all saw what Andrew Raycroft did here. Amazing for one year (for a rookie) then he sucked. Give him some years of experience behind Thomas, increase his starts over time and then see where things lead. He has the potential to be a great goalie, but not at this point and time. The bruins would not have given Thomas that long of a deal had they felt Rask was very close. Besides, Thomas and Rask have a similar GAA and Thomas has played more games. Throughout the bruins goal scoring struggles, Thomas has put up some amazing performances, just has had nothing to show for them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

I read this same post about Toivinin,Macdonald,Fournandez,Auld. While Rask is better then any of those guys Thomas remains the number one goalie in Boston. I understand that a lot of posters dont understand what the word injury means but Thomas has played well this season. Once again the Bruins are the front runners for the Jennings. Unlike last year when a injury to Thomas would of been devastating, we now have Rask who like Thomas gives the team a chance to win most games. Lets not over look the fact that Rask had Lucic then Savard return and the Krejci,Ryder Wheeler line return to last years form. As for me I will root for either guy and unlike the fake fans on this board not root for the downfall of any player on my favorite team !!!!!!!!!!! GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from closetightly. Show closetightly's posts

In Response to Re: RASK IS THE NEW #1:
    I read this same post about Toivinin,Macdonald,Fournandez,Auld.
    Posted by notacryingwino

Really people said Joey MacDonald was a #1 goaltender? LMAO

Maybe just the voices in your head.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

In Response to Re: RASK IS THE NEW #1 : Really people said Joey MacDonald was a #1 goaltender? LMAO Maybe just the voices in your head.
    Posted by closetightly

he must be hearing tubby thomas himself telling how great he is

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

No unlike you I watch Bruins games. Try it you might find out how little you know. But then again I highly doubt it. Thomas has the stats and awards given by people paid big money to evaluate (google that big word) hockey to prove it. Not some outlandish poster on the globe board like you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by notacryingwino

the problem is I have watched too many games including TT giving up a weak goal in OT against the canes last spring and just most recently TT giving the puck away in OT against as the Pens as he wa lit-up for 6 goals in one game 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

In Response to Re: RASK IS THE NEW #1 : the problem is I have watched too many games including TT giving up a weak goal in OT against the canes last spring and just most recently TT giving the puck away in OT against as the Pens as he wa lit-up for 6 goals in one game 
    Posted by epavao

Some people on this board seem to be suffering from selective memory in their attemps to rubbish TT:

1. The playoff loss was unfortunate but it could happen to anyone. In the first round, the Devils gave up 2 goals in the last 1:30 of game 7. That's different though cos Marty is a playoff goalie and Thomas is a choker, right?

2. In the loss to Isles after the PIT game Rask got caught in possession behind the net and gave up a goal. How is that different to the Thomas goal? You either didn't watch it or you choose to ignore it.

Bs have 2 quality goalies but they're only human and they will make mistakes. Take of the blinkers and appreciate the skills of both these guys!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

In Response to Re: RASK IS THE NEW #1 : Some people on this board seem to be suffering from selective memory in their attemps to rubbish TT: 1. The playoff loss was unfortunate but it could happen to anyone. In the first round, the Devils gave up 2 goals in the last 1:30 of game 7. That's different though cos Marty is a playoff goalie and Thomas is a choker, right? 2. In the loss to Isles after the PIT game Rask got caught in possession behind the net and gave up a goal. How is that different to the Thomas goal? You either didn't watch it or you choose to ignore it. Bs have 2 quality goalies but they're only human and they will make mistakes. Take of the blinkers and appreciate the skills of both these guys!
    Posted by Kurako

Thank you very much for the insight - but I am really enjoying watching Rask playing right now. In fact when he bubbled the long dump-in that almost got by him and into the net - that was enough reminder of TT for me. For now lets Ride the Rask Ride

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from YeOldeWinesock. Show YeOldeWinesock's posts

Thomas will be back getting the bulk of the starts soon enough. If he was badly injured, he wouldn't be on the bench.

But for now, I'm enjoying watching the Tim-Bits sulk while Rask gets an opportunity to get consecutive starts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

kurako, the play behind the net with Rask was MUCH different, he passed it to chara, a pass chara should have handled, Rask wasn't to blame on that

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

bruins nation be fortunate that you have two legitimate #1 goaltenders. that is not the worst predicament in the world to have. these situations have a way of working there way out,  via injury or trade. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Rask has had far dumber passes from behind the net and more of them. I also expect to see them more and more. He is a player that likes to play the puck and he isn't bad when there is no pressure. There are very few who are adept at it, but the ones that master it are the best in the NHL. Brodeur had a rule invoked so he couldn't play the puck so much behind the net and he still makes some mistakes, though not many.

Rask is on a learning curve and hopefully he will get smarter with his choices, his d and tending acrobatics have saved him a few times. He does nice break out passes and is not afraid of icing it himself.

TT is not as good at handling the puck and I hope he leaves it alone most of the time. As for the rest, Rask has a ways to go before he is better than TT, but he is challenging in the way I like best, Bruin's wins!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

kurako, the play behind the net with Rask was MUCH different, he passed it to chara, a pass chara should have handled, Rask wasn't to blame on that
    Posted by dkrejci46

Whether you blame Thomas over Wideman or Rask over Chara is kind of irrelevant. They were both pretty cr*ppy goals to lose. There's definite double standards when guys jump on every Thomas mistake but cut some slack to Rask.

I like them both and they give a great chance of winning no matter who starts. That's a pretty great place to be Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

The Bruins are in very good spot, they have two # 1 goalies and it is not costing us the farm. TT is very unstanding to his role and Rask is very close to the eqaul AS long as these boy's can get along leave them alone and let them play. Who knows maybe the Bruins may use these guys as line changes and change them up every other shift. This would be different as no team has ever done this and there is no rule they cannot. The Bruins can use this instead of timeouts and be within the rules. I can't stand the fact that Coaches don't try anything new and try the rules, there are so many that can be used in your favor if you have the Know. I could give examples but it would take too long.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3860528. Show user_3860528's posts

bruins nation be fortunate that you have two legitimate #1 goaltenders. that is not the worst predicament in the world to have. these situations have a way of working there way out,  via injury or trade. 
    Posted by pissttt

Thank you, I could not agree more.  We should just consider ourselves lucky. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Eventually you will get your wish, but that will be about 3 years down the road , maybe.. Rask still needs experience, and the guy makes me nervous handling the puck behind the net..not to mention his D men,  but everything else that I have seen he has made great strides.. He will be the future of the Bruins just not yet.. Actually the Bruins play with more confidence when Thomas is in net.. the D especially know where to be on the dump ins, as with Rask it turns out to be an adventure sometimes back there..
    Posted by cowboys9

You can't be serious.  I was at the Bruins game in St Louis last night, and the obvious difference with Rask was the calm efficient way he handled the puck around the net, unlike the ridiculous turnovers you get from TT like the Pittsburgh OT goal.

As much as Id absolutely like nothing better than see Rask replace Thomas, the Bs have that terrible, terrible contract that they will have to think about, so Rask wont be the new #1 any time soon.  No more than 2 years, though.

Its been a pleasure to watch his calm, composed demeanor back there instead of the goofy Chinese Fire Drill unnecessary acrobatics from an always out-of-position Thomas.  And, I actually feel like they have a chance to win in OT... something you will never get with "Bad Goal waiting to Happen" Timmy.

Anybody notice how there has been no need for circus saves every period in this 3 game win streak?  Jacques Plante was right: if you are making acrobatic saves all the time, you are out of position all the time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Who knows maybe the Bruins may use these guys as line changes and change them up every other shift. This would be different as no team has ever done this and there is no rule they cannot. The Bruins can use this instead of timeouts and be within the rules. I can't stand the fact that Coaches don't try anything new and try the rules, there are so many that can be used in your favor if you have the Know. I could give examples but it would take too long.
    Posted by brunod

As a former long-time goaltender, I'm going to say this is quite possibly the most stupid thing Ive ever read.  Are you saying goalies should change on the fly?  They should change after face-offs?  Why on Earth would any goalie want to go in and out of a game?  Are you high?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

In Response to RASK IS THE NEW #1:
    Rask should clearly be the new #1 goaltender now for this team. The Bruins clearly play better and play more confident with him in net. Good things always seem to happen for the Bruins when Thomas is on the bench. $20 Million dollar albatross.
    Posted by closetightly

What!? Rask hasn't even played a full season in the NHL so claiming him to be a #1 goaltender is a pretty big stretch. Remember how Andrew Raycroft was a #1 goalie? What happened? His real colors began to shine.

I believe Rask will be a great goaltender in the NHL, but he needs more experience and he needs to play consistent. Every rookie will eventually hit their rookie wall and Rask is no exception.

This is a great duo we have in Boston, but Rask isn't ready to be #1.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

In Response to Re: RASK IS THE NEW #1 : Whether you blame Thomas over Wideman or Rask over Chara is kind of irrelevant. They were both pretty cr*ppy goals to lose. There's definite double standards when guys jump on every Thomas mistake but cut some slack to Rask. I like them both and they give a great chance of winning no matter who starts. That's a pretty great place to be
    Posted by Kurako

The two goals are not comparable. on the one with Rask in net, Chara couldn't handle a pass he should handle 100% of the time
    on the thomas goal he stood there for 3 minutes and let staal strip him behind the net. You can like Thomas, but that goal was his fault, no question about it

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: RASK IS THE NEW #1 : The two goals are not comparable. on the one with Rask in net, Chara couldn't handle a pass he should handle 100% of the time on the thomas goal he stood there for 3 minutes and let staal strip him behind the net. You can like Thomas, but that goal was his fault, no question about it
    Posted by dkrejci46

really,  3 minutes

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

In Response to RASK IS THE NEW #1 : What!? Rask hasn't even played a full season in the NHL so claiming him to be a #1 goaltender is a pretty big stretch. Remember how Andrew Raycroft was a #1 goalie? What happened? His real colors began to shine. I believe Rask will be a great goaltender in the NHL, but he needs more experience and he needs to play consistent. Every rookie will eventually hit their rookie wall and Rask is no exception. This is a great duo we have in Boston, but Rask isn't ready to be #1.
    Posted by Pezell04x

Raycorft has a horrible team in front of him both here and T.O. Any good team will make a good goalie. Case in point TT. At 30 years of age he all of a sudden become a good goalie? He came to team that had a fairly good system in place that make the goalie look good. Fernandez and even shield also performed fairly well under the Julain system on many occassions

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

bruins nation, stop the whining about who,s number one and who,s not! there both proven to be both front line goal tenders so we are set there.... the next question is to get these lines squared away. there playing very sound hockey and SIMPLE hockey, not  OVER DOING things in tight situations.. they have a very good coach, and a general manager who seems to have the pulse of this team and does not over react to poor play or multible injuries.  but i will throw this out as a trade boston sends WIDEMAN, STUART, SOBOTKA, BITZ,  to coyotes for SHANE DOAN, ADRIAN AUCOIN, AND PETER MUELLER, than Boston sends to Florida. PETER MUELLER, AND BOSTON # 1  for DENNIS SIEDERBERG AND ETHAN HORTON ....thoughts ??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Znammer. Show Znammer's posts

rask has a good game or two and you want him to replace the Veniza trophy winner?  you must be high (or more likely drunk if you are a Boston resident).

Sections
Shortcuts