RASK IS THE NEW #1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beesbear. Show beesbear's posts

Re: RASK IS THE NEW #1

We have the best thing going on hear, last years #1 goalie resting on the bench and the young gun getting some great games in the early part of the year. Make no mistake, when things start getting important TT will be there, we haven't had this kind of goal tender in years, be greatful..GO BRUINS GO..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from The_Usual_softy. Show The_Usual_softy's posts

If Rask continue to improve and play a strong game, the Bruins will have to consider to trade Thomas in the offseason. The Bruins have holes to fill and there's no point to keep Thomas at 5 per on the bench when a combo of Rask + an experience backup can do the job. The Bruins will not contend until they add a legitimate #2-3 D-man at their blueline and please, don't tell me that Morris or Dennis " turnovers machine " Wideman can fill that spot... They can't !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from The_Usual_softy. Show The_Usual_softy's posts

In Response to Re: RASK IS THE NEW #1:
    [QUOTE]We have the best thing going on hear, last years #1 goalie resting on the bench and the young gun getting some great games in the early part of the year. Make no mistake, when things start getting important TT will be there, we haven't had this kind of goal tender in years, be greatful..GO BRUINS GO..
    Posted by beesbear[/QUOTE]

Sorry but when " things " are important, TT proved that he have the bad tendancy to make that crucial mistake at the wrong time. Remember Semin's goal, from the blueline, last year in OT. The fluke goal against Carolina, in OT ( game 7 ), remember that stupid play where his pass to Wideman was intercepted and ends up in our goal. All those things make Thomas a high risk goaltender in these situations. If anything, the Bruins need a certain consistency between. It's too soon to predict but Rask sound positionning and rebound control might the solution for the Bruins and the reason why the will win a Cup. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RASK IS THE NEW #1 : Sorry but when " things " are important, TT proved that he have the bad tendancy to make that crucial mistake at the wrong time. Remember Semin's goal, from the blueline, last year in OT. The fluke goal against Carolina, in OT ( game 7 ), remember that stupid play where his pass to Wideman was intercepted and ends up in our goal. All those things make Thomas a high risk goaltender in these situations. If anything, the Bruins need a certain consistency between. It's too soon to predict but Rask sound positionning and rebound control might the solution for the Bruins and the reason why the will win a Cup. 
    Posted by TheUsualSofty[/QUOTE]

Glad to see there are other people who understand hockey and can see beyond the TT RUDY Storey. Do you want a cup or fall in love with TT for what he has accomplished?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

Ah that other teams would have these debates.  We are most fortunate.  Give Rask some NHL experience and don't rush him too quickly.  He knows he has a future here.  Let's not rush him like Carey Price/Habs did. 

Timmy is a great competitor and he'll be like a madman to defend #1 starter. 

Let's go Bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RASK IS THE NEW #1 : The two goals are not comparable. on the one with Rask in net, Chara couldn't handle a pass he should handle 100% of the time on the thomas goal he stood there for 3 minutes and let staal strip him behind the net. You can like Thomas, but that goal was his fault, no question about it
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true Thomas basher that you are :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]just checked out the stats, rask has more wins, better GAA, better goals against, and the 6 wins to thomas 5 come in 6 fewer games
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

This argument is so weak..usually I don't mind your comments on here.. but come on?  Your going to compare wins now? Maybe Rask's wins have something to do with the team potting a few more goals than when Thomas was losing games 1-0 ( twice ) and 2-0 and 2-1 during a four game stretch..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Look, I am a big time TT supporter & I hate this lets trade him talk. However, being a goalie I can't say TT is a Hasek. Not yet anyway. I mean let's be realistic. In 99 (barring the NHL messing up the Brett Hull goal) Hasek took a pretty talentless Sabres team all the way to the finals! He won not only 4 vezina's, but won a gold medal with a .956 SP & 1.58 GAA in Nagano, back to back Hart Trophies, a Pearson, a Stanely Cup & in Dec of 99 got six shut-outs in a month! I think the world of Thomas, but my hockey knowledge is better then that. I know Ken Dryden said said that Thomas & Hasek understand their position better than any goalie he's seen including Treikak! However, that's as far as the comparison goes up to this point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RASK IS THE NEW #1 : Based on your logic here, then Hasek was a god awful goalie as well ? Seems to me he did a lot of acrobatic saves? I guess he was no good...  I personally don't care what style a guy has, my concern is whether he can stop the little black disc from going into the net. And Thomas for the last three years has done it better and more consistent  than anyone in the League and that is  FACT!  Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE] sure that's why we can't even get out of 2nd rd of playoffs. r u comparing thomas to hasek, if u r u need to refine ur hockey knowledge, let;s see thomas win us a cup first . thomas better then anyone else in the last few yrs, i take ward anytime of the day and tons ogf others before thomas but he does have a vezina that he could sleep with, how about a conn smythe
    Posted by marco100[/QUOTE]

I think you should follow your own advise regarding Hockey knowledge, I have forgotten more hockey than you will ever know...Did I say I was comparing Hasek to Thomas, or just comparing styles? And your showing your lack of knowledge if you think the Bruins got eliminated last year in the second round would fall on Thoma's lap.. You are a Thomas basher, just admit it !!  This guy could win a Cup and you would still find fault.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RASK IS THE NEW #1 : The Bruins didn't ''ruin'' Raycroft  or Toivanen.Raycroft was absolutely terrible after his rookie year.He played himself out of town.HT had too many weaknesses as a goalie to be effective,he was great on low shots but was vulnerable on shots up high.
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]

What ruined Raycroft was the lockout & when he went overseas he got hurt & didn't play the whole yr. When the Leafs had Pogge they felt that Rask was excellent trade bait. Mike O'connell at the time brought in TT to commicate with Toivenin because TT could speak Finnish. Toivenin was the B's future at that point. Then once HT came back from his ankle injury he wasn't the same at all. Lost confidence, lost his agility. He just tanked basically! So this is why TT has to be considered somewhat of a savoir because he did give the B's some solid goaltending even in 06 & 07. The B's were the weakest I ever seen in my lifetime. Especailly when Brad Boyes had more fighting majors than Chara during that God awful Dave Lewis tenture! I also think that is why the B's want to bring Rask in slow & steady. They learned from Raycroft & Toivenin

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Rask's time will come. Right now I'm enjoying the solid 1-2 punch between the pipes. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

thomas and rask a fine tandem indeed... there is no problem there, my concern is still a  skilled tough winger and a big stay at home  TOUGH   DEFENCEMEN... and you get that with shane doan  and siederberg and a liitle more de-offence with aucoin if you make the deals with Florida and coyotees  don,t wait for the trade deadline if the teams are biting now..... i don,t want to see a another steve montadore walking thru the door the day after the trade dead- line!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

[QUOTE]Stuart in the trade? He's been their most reliable dman so far this season. Aucoin Or Sidenberg maybe a deadline pick-up though.
    Posted by east-westBsfan[/QUOTE]  i will concede stuart as there best defensive defencemen but you have to GIVE to RECIEVE..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

[QUOTE]I just realized that the numbers do work out to a bit of savings for Phoenix with the above proposed trade.  However, my greater overall point i think holds water that they would be sending away their top point getter and goal scoring threat on a team that needs goals.....do you really think the fans (last game 7.800) are going to notice that there 2 top scorers will not be heading to Quebec in June when the team is sold? or do you think the new owners find it more palatable that they just jettison some pay-roll for good young talent????  just a thought.......
    Posted by NU-Griff[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DARVISH55. Show DARVISH55's posts

Come on Timmy is our BOY! He gives his heart and soul for this team and you're gonna kick him to the side for TUUKAA. Thats just going to inspire Timmy even more. Tim Thomas eats adversity for breakfast.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dangr76. Show dangr76's posts

I like Tim Thoms and think he should be the #1 but I do also think Rask can be the #1 by the end of this year and definitely next which is why I don't like the contract the Bruins gave Thomas.  Thomas is old and will be making $4-5 million annually when he is about 38-39 and that money could be used to sign another scoring forward after we lost Kessel.  Also, the cap is projected to go down next year so if Rask really is #1 material by next year then it will be hard to have Thomas make that money on the bench and might be really hard to trade him.  i like Chiarelli and what he has done with the team but some signings and trades have been questionable. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Well, whether we like the length of the contract or not. PC's hands were tied. Somebody was going to pay TT the dough he's getting. Edmonton certainly was licking their chops. That would've really put PC in a tough spot to just go to an unproven, yet full of potential Rask & if he got hurt we turn to Danny Saborin? I think PC did the right move. Ya know as I remember it. Dallas did the same thing when they had Fernendez, Belfour & Turco. First Manny went to Minny, then Belfour went to the Leafs because the Stars figured Turco was ready. Up until a few seasons ago. He shined in the regular season & always crapped the bed in the play-offs ala (Pete Peeters & Byron Dafoe) So I think having two great goalies at their disposal is great.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RASK IS THE NEW #1 :  Its been a pleasure to watch his calm, composed demeanor back there instead of the goofy Chinese Fire Drill unnecessary acrobatics from an always out-of-position Thomas.  And, I actually feel like they have a chance to win in OT... something you will never get with "Bad Goal waiting to Happen" Timmy. Anybody notice how there has been no need for circus saves every period in this 3 game win streak?  Jacques Plante was right: if you are making acrobatic saves all the time, you are out of position all the time. Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE] Based on your logic here, then Hasek was a god awful goalie as well ? Seems to me he did a lot of acrobatic saves? I guess he was no good...  I personally don't care what style a guy has, my concern is whether he can stop the little black disc from going into the net. And Thomas for the last three years has done it better and more consistent  than anyone in the League and that is  FACT! 
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

If you honestly are trying to compare Tim F'in Thomas to Dominik Hasek, I'm done having any sort of rational discussion about goaltending with you.

And if you think that TT has "done it better" than any other goalie in the NHL in the last 3 years, well, carve his Hall of Fame plaque already.  Its a shame that people who know nothing about goaltending cant look at a guy who's always completely out of position making a desperate save, gives up a bad rebound, and gets scored on, and you say "poor Timmy" and shout at anyone who dares criticise him as being a basher.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah i agree with you cowboys. I guess that family i think they called themselves the flying wallindas or something like that were not really aquabatic they just kept being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Posted by east-westBsfan[/QUOTE]

What in God's name are you talking about?

The Flying Wallindas??  "Aquabatic?"  What, were they underwater?

You are comparing acrobats to a goalie who is out of position?  Honestly, are you insane?

OK, if you know so little about goaltending that anything you wrote makes sense, how about this:  After Timmy failed in the playoffs last year and you watched the rest of the NHL goalies play on deep into the playoffs, did you notice that none of them had to stand on their heads on every ordinary shot, night after night?  Have you noticed that Rask hasn't had to, either?  Does anything ever sink in?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

These are just different styles. 

There is one small thing that TT has done very well the last 3-4years: prevent the puck from going into the net.

If my goalie does this consistently, I will keep him in the lineup.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RASK IS THE NEW #1 : What in God's name are you talking about? The Flying Wallindas??  "Aquabatic?"  What, were they underwater? You are comparing acrobats to a goalie who is out of position?  Honestly, are you insane? OK, if you know so little about goaltending that anything you wrote makes sense, how about this:  After Timmy failed in the playoffs last year and you watched the rest of the NHL goalies play on deep into the playoffs, did you notice that none of them had to stand on their heads on every ordinary shot, night after night?  Have you noticed that Rask hasn't had to, either?  Does anything ever sink in?
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Yes it has just sunk in (maybe that is why i  typed  aq instead of ac)  you should stick to your sox in IL  may they be red or white!!    Rask is good and i think will be great. Thomas is also good with a different style. Remember Lemelin Moog--two good Goalies(two diff styles).  B's got to the finals twice with them. Not sure if we could beat those oiler teams with Thomas or Rask in goal. But The 2nd time we were beaten was by a goalie we dealt . PC trades Thomas. Rask gets hurt late in the season and we lose every game of the first round 6-5  you will be one of the first in here bashing him for not having goaltending depth.  Advise Epstein to get Halliday and dump Lester & Becket because he found is #1 Unreal         

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: RASK IS THE NEW #1 : Based on your logic here, then Hasek was a god awful goalie as well ? Seems to me he did a lot of acrobatic saves? I guess he was no good...  I personally don't care what style a guy has, my concern is whether he can stop the little black disc from going into the net. And Thomas for the last three years has done it better and more consistent  than anyone in the League and that is  FACT!  Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE] If you honestly are trying to compare Tim F'in Thomas to Dominik Hasek, I'm done having any sort of rational discussion about goaltending with you. And if you think that TT has "done it better" than any other goalie in the NHL in the last 3 years, well, carve his Hall of Fame plaque already.  Its a shame that people who know nothing about goaltending cant look at a guy who's always completely out of position making a desperate save, gives up a bad rebound, and gets scored on, and you say "poor Timmy" and shout at anyone who dares criticise him as being a basher.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Your NOT listening ...you should  get a job being the Bruins goalie coach. ..apparenty you think Essensa teaches his #1 goalie to play "out of position" all the time...  And the Bruins still have him on payroll , imagine that??  WOW!!   There is very little to criticize over TT and I don't have to justify " think he has done it better"  HE HAS! LOOK at the STATS!! He STOPS Pucks ..... I am glad he is our #1 goalie and so do a lot of Bruins fans.. Tukka will be great in due time just not right  now, and we should be happy at the position the team finds itself in with these two guys pushing each other....  Case closed.. have a nice day...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

Hasek was a way above average goaltender no doubt. I know he had a short career in the NHL but would he have won a cup if he had not played for Detroit the last couple of years? Where Roy , Brodeur and even Belfour had bigger rolls in their teams championships. IMO