Rask not sharp (3/25 vs Tampa Bay)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: Rask not sharp (3/25 vs Tampa Bay)

Forget about TT.  Yes Rask had a so so game but even an ok Rask is much better than a good TT.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Rask not sharp (3/25 vs Tampa Bay):
    Forget about TT.  Yes Rask had a so so game but even an ok Rask is much better than a good TT.
    Posted by lucaooo

What a bunch of BULL!! You're an idiot!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

CJ should pay more attention to how TT and Rask match up against certain teams.

Before this game, and against TB this year, TT had a SV% of .962 and GAA of 1.50, whereas Rask had a SV% of .886 and GAA of 4.00.

TT should have been in nets tonight, even though Rask has been hot lately.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

PLEASE TIME TO BRING IN TT.......Rask terrible tonight

BRUINS 50-18 shots on net......

We should have won this game

Sorry Rask .....but time to see if TT can carry the BRUINS to the Cup

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2010

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

In Response to Re: Rask not sharp (3/25 vs Tampa Bay) : What a bunch of BULL!! You're an idiot!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Just for your info Rask never had 2 bad games in a row and is the best goalie in the league for the average and the save percentage unlike Thomas who has been playing poorly all year...so i am sorry but you are the idiot in here.  Go back to playing NHL 2010 on your PS3.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

CJ should pay more attention to how TT and Rask match up against certain teams. Before this game, and against TB this year, TT had a SV% of .962 and GAA of 1.50, whereas Rask had a SV% of .886 and GAA of 4.00.   TT should have been in nets tonight, even though Rask has been hot lately.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer

Very good point, Rask made some great saves but I think goal 4 and maybe 5 were suspect, the D gave the other ones away, puttng TT in net would have been a good, too bad CJ is so predictable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Seriously lucaooo, did TT run over your dog, or something? Your Tim Thomas tirades are way off base.
    Rask had a so so game? If that had been Thomas in net tonight with those same results, you would have been calling for his head.
    The fact is, the bruins have 2 good goalies. Too bad you seem unable to enjoy one of the few good things about this team this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Seriously lucaooo, did TT run over your dog, or something? Your Tim Thomas tirades are way off base. Rask had a so so game? If that had been Thomas in net tonight with those same results, you would have been calling for his head. The fact is, the bruins have 2 good goalies. Too bad you seem unable to enjoy one of the few good things about this team this year.
    Posted by biggskye

If you read my post yo u will see that i did not like Rask's game tonight and maybe TT would have had a better game but in the long run Rask has been pretty consistent and like i said he never had 2 bad games in a row. 
       I would not say anything against TT if he was doing his job.  He's been giving five hole goals all years and it is just unacceptable.  The other team's players know that if they have nothing on him to just shoot for the the five holes and these are goals that a number one goalie cannot allow on a regular basis.
       Patrick Roy was giving up five hole goals too...but it was once in a while not every game.  I am just asking a guy who is making 6 millions/year (I know 5 against the cap) to live up to his contract.  If he was doing that i would not complain.  Rask is doing with an underachieving team what Thomas did with a team that was red hot and finished 1st in the east...that is why i like Rask.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Rask - Thomas  Thomas - Rask...  either way opinions differ.
    What is undeniable is that Julien has been mindf**king TT all year, and should be held accountable for not handling the situation better. He was messing with Brodeur in NJ also, which played a part in his dismissal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

After the 2nd period Kluzak and Milburt sugested CJ should bring in TT. The 3rd goal by TB i thought a goalie change would happen and then after the 4th goal, hmmm..CJ should be held accountable here. Its too bad, TT should of been thrown in there. im begiining to think theres a problem between TT and management.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: Rask not sharp (3/25 vs Tampa Bay) :    If you read my post yo u will see that i did not like Rask's game tonight and maybe TT would have had a better game but in the long run Rask has been pretty consistent and like i said he never had 2 bad games in a row.     I would not say anything against TT if he was doing his job.  He's been giving five hole goals all years and it is just unacceptable.  The other team's players know that if they have nothing on him to just shoot for the the five holes and these are goals that a number one goalie cannot allow on a regular basis.    Patrick Roy was giving up five hole goals too...but it was once in a while not every game.  I am just asking a guy who is making 6 millions/year (I know 5 against the cap) to live up to his contract.  If he was doing that i would not complain.  Rask is doing with an underachieving team what Thomas did with a team that was red hot and finished 1st in the east...that is why i like Rask.   
    Posted by lucaooo

sorry lucaooo, it's soooo obvious, you can't say anything good about TT.  First, the only reason the B's were red hot last year.....was because of Thomas.  Yes, he hasn't been as good as last year.  Maybe the lighter work load has been a factor?   Maybe the fact that the team can't score goals is a factor?  Maybe his confidence has slipped?  Suppose TT playing against the "good" teams more often than Rask has anything to do with things?
    Fact is, most experts would agree that the B's have really good goaltending, and neither is gonna be able to stand on their head every nite.  Time to excercise that strength, and give TT the nod for next game.
    In what could come down to the 2 most important games of the year,(a couple weeks ago against TO) the only reason we came away with 3 of 4 points......is TT.
    Those 3 points we took from the Leafs may turn out to be the most important thing around here.....in about 12 years.
    Rask is doing well.  Hopefully, he'll be our goalie of the future.
    History shows us though, it's way to early to make that assumption.

Finally, if anyone wants to debate this teams strengths, or weaknesses....... great.
    We've got a few strengths, and many more weaknesses.

Considering goaltending(goaltenders) as a weakness....when compared to the rest of the team dynamic, is absoulute lunacy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

I'm not really interested in the whole discussion over who's better or who should be considered the starter. It's been done to death on here already but..

5 goals on something like 16 shots early in the 3rd period is a poor showing by anybody's standards. I think pretty much any goalie in the league who would have been pulled with numbers like that.

What gives? Is Thomas really that far out of favour? If he doesn't get a game on Saturday will he ever get another start in Boston?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

PLEASE TIME TO BRING IN TT.......Rask terrible tonight BRUINS 50-18 shots on net...... We should have won this game Sorry Rask .....but time to see if TT can carry the BRUINS to the Cup Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2010
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

You're an idiot. A dumptruck couldn't carry the Ruins to the cup.

Stanley cup to the Bruins in 2095!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Rask not sharp (3/25 vs Tampa Bay) : Just for your info Rask never had 2 bad games in a row and is the best goalie in the league for the average and the save percentage unlike Thomas who has been playing poorly all year...so i am sorry but you are the idiot in here.  Go back to playing NHL 2010 on your PS3.
    Posted by lucaooo

Actually I have an XBOX 360! Wanna play? I'll look for your gamer tag....I'MANIDIOT101!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfb30. Show sfb30's posts

I'm 34 years old. I have not seen a solid good NHL goalie in Boston since Lemlin and Moog thats until Timmy came along. He has posted solid NHL numbers in Boston the last 3-4 years. Lets review some of the flops we in Boston deemed the next "Great Boston" goalie
    -Razor Raycroft
    -John Grahame
    -Jim Carey
    -John Blue
    -Hannu Toivonen
    -I could keeping going....

I have no idea what rask will be 2 years from now. But if history repeats itself and it seems like it does in Boston with young goalies they need to keep an insurance policy in place(Timmy). Let Rask grow and not throw to many games at him right away...If the Bruins go and trade Timmy and give rask the job he could go the way of all the others.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I'm 34 years old. I have not seen a solid good NHL goalie in Boston since Lemlin and Moog thats until Timmy came along. He has posted solid NHL numbers in Boston the last 3-4 years. Lets review some of the flops we in Boston deemed the next "Great Boston" goalie -Razor Raycroft -John Grahame -Jim Carey -John Blue -Hannu Toivonen -I could keeping going.... I have no idea what rask will be 2 years from now. But if history repeats itself and it seems like it does in Boston with young goalies they need to keep an insurance policy in place(Timmy). Let Rask grow and not throw to many games at him right away...If the Bruins go and trade Timmy and give rask the job he could go the way of all the others.
    Posted by sfb30

Thank you, and right on.. thomas is not to blame for the bruins loss this year, its goals, the team has a rediculas record this season when scoring 3 goals (and for the record that is what we averaged last year).. Lack of scoring is what beats this team, not defense, not goaltending...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

at least 3 of the goals were in tip in varieties that no goalie would have been able to stop .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Besides, when is the last time a team won a jennings trophy and pointed at the goalies for letting them down, the stats are nearly the same, and the win loss is drastic because TT had to start 8 straight games when then team scored something like 6 goals for him..

The team started to play better while thomas was hurt and rask played well so he got a majority of the starts..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

at least 3 of the goals were in tip in varieties that no goalie would have been able to stop .
    Posted by yaz16

But the point is he let in 5 goals on 18 shots.

Most goalies would have been sitting on the bench no matter if they were good, bad or indifferent shots.

He had a bad night. It happens. It's ok to admit it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

He did have a bad night but his numbers should speak for themselves. He is and should stay the B's #1.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

In Response to Re: Rask not sharp (3/25 vs Tampa Bay) : Actually I have an XBOX 360! Wanna play? I'll look for your gamer tag....I'MANIDIOT101!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Well keep playing on your X-Box than because you are an idiot!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

It is funny how TT fans are contradicting themselves.  They say that TT is the reason why the Bruins had a great year last year...lol (ironic laugh).  At the same time this year they put the blame on the offense.  Ah yeah because the Bruins not scoring goals is the reason preventing Thomas from stopping the puck. 
       It is weird how it does not seem to prevent Rask from stopping the puck with the same team in front of him. 
        Plz stop with the excuses TT is underachieving plain and simple...just like Rask had a bad game last night.  If Thomas starts playing better i will be the first one to admit it but i doubt it will happen in the next 100 years!! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

It is funny how TT fans are contradicting themselves.  They say that TT is the reason why the Bruins had a great year last year...lol (ironic laugh).  At the same time this year they put the blame on the offense.  Ah yeah because the Bruins not scoring goals is the reason preventing Thomas from stopping the puck.     It is weird how it does not seem to prevent Rask from stopping the puck with the same team in front of him.      Plz stop with the excuses TT is underachieving plain and simple...just like Rask had a bad game last night.  If Thomas starts playing better i will be the first one to admit it but i doubt it will happen in the next 100 years!! 
    Posted by lucaooo

Ok Start admitting!