RASK THE NEXT KEN DRYDEN?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

RASK THE NEXT KEN DRYDEN?

In 1970 the Bruins won the cup and were favored to win in 1971, but a former Bruin propect traded to the Habs came back to haunt us and he came up as a rookie to beat us almost by himself. He later went on to help the Habs win 4 cups.
    Our own Mr. Rask has the same abilities and has come on this season to be one of the best goalies in the NHL. He has helped us get into the playoffs and has been solid in getting us a 2-1 lead  in this playoffs vs the Sabres.
    With the help of Mr. Rask the Bruins who were the lowest scoring team this season has a chance to advance. The Bruins are very good on D and with Mr.Rask in net we could very well do to other teams what Dryden did to us in 1971. If we win this series, who knows how far the confidence of Rask can take us. GO TUUUUUUUKKKKA AND THE BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

Re: RASK THE NEXT KEN DRYDEN?

If we win this series how sick would it also be to play the pens and have a healthy savy beating them?

tuukka gives us a fighting chance to win any series I again would like to thank the good people of the leafs organization for trading him to us for a bag of pucks oops I mean andrew ( blaine lacher clone) raycroft.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanuckBruin. Show CanuckBruin's posts

There was only one Dryden.

There's only one Rask. He's the next great goalie in a line of greats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Dryden had one of the best defensive backups at the time, four solid defensemen.  Me thinks we are jumping the gun a bit.  Nonetheless, I think Rask is the real deal. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Despite liking what I see in Rask, I am not yet ready to crown him the B's Saviour just yet... I will say that his fundamentals skills are sound.. always seems to be square to the shooter,... normally plays his angles well.. and doesn't get flusterred very easily... He has improved his puck handling skills compared to earlier in the season... and tends to elevate his game when needed.. I would not clasify him as a Ken Dryden just yet.. Mr. Dryden single-handedly stoned the B's .. .. he was a difference maker in and of himself.. Hoping that Rask can step up and fill those shoes for the B's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: RASK THE NEXT KEN DRYDEN?:
    Despite liking what I see in Rask, I am not yet ready to crown him the B's Saviour just yet... I will say that his fundamentals skills are sound.. always seems to be square to the shooter,... normally plays his angles well.. and doesn't get flusterred very easily... He has improved his puck handling skills compared to earlier in the season... and tends to elevate his game when needed.. I would not clasify him as a Ken Dryden just yet.. Mr. Dryden single-handedly stoned the B's .. .. he was a difference maker in and of himself.. Hoping that Rask can step up and fill those shoes for the B's.
    Posted by SupportLocal81

Couldn't agree more 81.  What's really important here, is that Rask hasn't yet been called upon to steal one during round 1.
    I like TT....where he came from, and the grit he's shown in being able to carve out a career in the big leagues.  Fact is though, it's hard to argue TR's positional excellence and poise to date.  It sure looks like he has the tools to be a franchise player.
    Having said that, goalies are by far the most difficult to project.  Goalies seem to go from hero to zero in a nanosecond.  Confidence is everything, and past history tells us if a goalie can get through his first 2 or 3 years at this level, playing well....look out.
    The B's have done an excellent job, bringing this kid along.  They've made mistakes in the past, but they've done this one right.  They've played to his strengths, and haven't over worked him.  It's impossible to overwork a goalie in the playoffs, they want to play every game.
    He's delivered.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

believe it or not I didn't think Dryden was as great as everyone made him out to be I always thought Parent was a better goalie.

Rask looks like the real deal I don't think this team can go any farther than maybe the next round if we get by the Sabres I hope I'm wrong but then again a great goalie can carry you almost anywhere look at Roy and Canadiens they would have gone nowhere without him which brings us back to square one can Rask take his game to yet another level? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Dryden was what he was largely due to the fact that he was much taller than the other goalies of his day.

Rask isn't like that. There are many goalies with Rask's physical size. Hopefully he ends up being better than Dryden though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mironov. Show Mironov's posts

Hope we get to the next round.. Then we will get Savard back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from choclab511. Show choclab511's posts

Let's let Rask play a few years before annointing him.

But damn the Devils look bad! Looks like the winner of this series gets the Pens!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Please the guy is playing great,but has only won two playoff games.
    Dryden is a legend,hallof famer,1972 team canada goalie ect

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

Please the guy is playing great,but has only won two playoff games. Dryden is a legend,hallof famer,1972 team canada goalie ect
    Posted by Canadianfan6

Exactly.  I'm tired of people crowning every player they see that's played well as "The Next Somebody".  Especially since the next year turns out to be completely different.  They are who THEY are, nobody else. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Dryden was what he was largely due to the fact that he was much taller than the other goalies of his day. Rask isn't like that. There are many goalies with Rask's physical size. Hopefully he ends up being better than Dryden though.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer

Ken Dryden was who he was because he was Ken Dryden. His height helped but the man was absolutely incredible athlete; I believe he was an All American Baseball player at Cornell as well as an All American Hockey Player. He was like a human octopus in the net. He robbed the Bruins so many times in that 71 playoff series, I think Espo still has nightmares.  Tuukka has played very, very well but let's not start comparing him to anyone else just yet. Let's just enjoy him and his play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

I agree with not annointing someone as "the next". I also don't like the comparison of draftees to players like Yzerman, Forsberg, Bourque etc. Puts a lot of pressure on the kids as well as gives some fans unrealistic expectations.

Having said that... Rask definitely has the tools necessary to become an elite goalie in the NHL. Time will tell.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

In Response to Re: RASK THE NEXT KEN DRYDEN? : Ken Dryden was who he was because he was Ken Dryden. His height helped but the man was absolutely incredible athlete; I believe he was an All American Baseball player at Cornell as well as an All American Hockey Player. He was like a human octopus in the net. He robbed the Bruins so many times in that 71 playoff series, I think Espo still has nightmares.  Tuukka has played very, very well but let's not start comparing him to anyone else just yet. Let's just enjoy him and his play.
    Posted by Shadowcpt

I believe it was Espo who called Dryden a "thieving giraffe". How fitting...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

I agree with not annointing someone as "the next". I also don't like the comparison of draftees to players like Yzerman, Forsberg, Bourque etc. Puts a lot of pressure on the kids as well as gives some fans unrealistic expectations. Having said that... Rask definitely has the tools necessary to become an elite goalie in the NHL. Time will tell.
    Posted by BruWingFan

Yep, whole heartedly agree.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

This is one of those posts on this board that make me HOWL with laughter.  This is putting the cart so far ahead of the horse, the horse may not live to catch up ever with the cart.  Honestly, how can anyone even remotely compare the two?  Wait till Rask wins a Cup (only 14 more wins to go) before this one gets discussed.  Case closed.