Rask = What's wrong with goaltending today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Rask = What's wrong with goaltending today

Basically the idea is to find some 7 foot guy and give him inflated equipment. Then tell him to drop on every shot and cover the ice. He will be tall enough to cover the top of the net due to his height and ridiculous equipment. It's amazing that the NHL whines about lack of scoring and they do nothing about the equipment. If they reduced the equipmnet most of the guys today couldn't play in the NHL. Rask drops on every shot and that is called good fundimentals today. But Thomas drops and they call him a flopper. Just stop the puck.............

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Rask = What's wrong with goaltending today

In Response to Rask = What's wrong with goaltending today:
    [QUOTE]Basically the idea is to find some 7 foot guy and give him inflated equipment. Then tell him to drop on every shot and cover the ice. He will be tall enough to cover the top of the net due to his height and ridiculous equipment. It's amazing that the NHL whines about lack of scoring and they do nothing about the equipment. If they reduced the equipmnet most of the guys today couldn't play in the NHL. Rask drops on every shot and that is called good fundimentals today. But Thomas drops and they call him a flopper. Just stop the puck.............
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

100% Agree. You hear TSN dumbies saying "make the nets bigger" uh no then way more people would get rammed into them. Goalie equipment should be limited so goalies like The King, and Loungo dont take up 99% of the net just because their pads are 3.5ft across.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Rask = What's wrong with goaltending today:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Rask = What's wrong with goaltending today : 100% Agree. You hear TSN dumbiessaying "make the nets bigger" uh no then way more people would get rammed into them. Goalie equipment should be limited so goalies like The King, and Loungo dont take up 99% of the net just because their pads are 3.5ft across.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Is it me ?  Dumbies really a word ?  I keep seeing it on posts and threads and I laugh everytime I see it. 
    Now on the topic, I had heard this past summer that they were tweaking the goaltenders equipment this season. TSN mentioned on more than one occasion that they were not sure how Halak would do in St Louis with the new equipment changes and that was one of the big reasons Montreal kept a bigger Price as goalie.
    Nash99 finally a thread that is borderline readable.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rask = What's wrong with goaltending today : Is it me ?  Dumbies really a word ?  I keep seeing it on posts and threads and I laugh everytime I see it.  Now on the topic, I had heard this past summer that they were tweaking the goaltenders equipment this season. TSN mentioned on more than one occasion that they were not sure how Halak would do in St Louis with the new equipment changes and that was one of the big reasons Montreal kept a bigger Price as goalie. Nash99 finally a thread that is borderline readable.  
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Haha I have no clue legion. I think I got it from here haha I was just going for something inbetween moron and arsehole. I guess that it just seemd to fit.

What your saying is that goalies pads are scaled IE bigger,taller goalie has larger pads right? Thats a completely stupid way to do that. Just a flat width limit regardless of size seems appropriate to make it fair for all goalies. I mean a longer pad is still better than a shorter one why does the longer one need to be 2x wider too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Wow, pretty heavy on the stupid on these posts. Even before the regulations it is  pretty tough to have any goalie cover 24 square feet now the pads are limited to 22 inches not 3.5 feet, and if you cant understand the difference in TT's style compared to Rask, you need to follow another sport. I am not going to waste my time giving you Goaltendidng 101 classes. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, pretty heavy on the stupid on these posts. Even before the regulations it is  pretty tough to have any goalie cover 24 square feet now the pads are limited to 22 inches not 3.5 feet, and if you cant understand the difference in TT's style compared to Rask, you need to follow another sport. I am not going to waste my time giving you Goaltendidng 101 classes. 
    Posted by MDsizzle[/QUOTE]

Wow and the exageration detector is way off on you today I guess.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In Response to Rask = What's wrong with goaltending today:
    [QUOTE]Basically the idea is to find some 7 foot guy and give him inflated equipment. Then tell him to drop on every shot and cover the ice. He will be tall enough to cover the top of the net due to his height and ridiculous equipment. It's amazing that the NHL whines about lack of scoring and they do nothing about the equipment. If they reduced the equipmnet most of the guys today couldn't play in the NHL. Rask drops on every shot and that is called good fundimentals today. But Thomas drops and they call him a flopper. Just stop the puck.............
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

VERY IMPRESSIVE!

Every sentence is completely incorrect! Your are the lone elite member of the Top Gun, Dumbest of the Dumb trolls. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Every goaltender looks exactly the same except Brodeur. In the old days if you were tall and skinny you were a tall and skinny goaltender. If you were short and fat you were a short and fat goaltender. Rask is 150 lbs soaking wet. He looks like he's 250lbs when he gets inflated. The fact remains that more than one goalie has complained that they needed to get "bigger" equipment in order to suceed. They know its a scam 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I may be wrong , but, I thought that in the past few years goalies pads have been scaled to fit a specific length and width, including doing away with an adjunct pad that formerly contributed to a minimal 5 hole. Anyone know where we can find out??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Just went to NHL.co and read from the rule book. Changes were made so that each goalie's pads must conform to the goalie's physical body, but leg pads cannot exceed 11 inches in width, and the calf-wing pads can no longer be attatched so that ir blocks the 5 hole; also shoulder pads must conform to 1 inch of the goalies normal physique. There are also specific measurements from the ice to the pelvic area and the thickness of the chest and arm protectors. Obviously large goalies  tall and wide like Rinne can cover more goal mouth space, and short goalies like Thomas must use their skill to fill in the gaps. Rask does have an advantage in height, which is enhanced by his stand up style, but, he still must see and react to pucks shot at up to 90 MPH

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Rask is a 23-year-old with pretty sick reflexes, he's not just a positional goaltender ala Raycroft/Giguere. Hardly the problem with goaltending today. This thread seems to be operating under the assumption (possibly justified, though I don't agree) that more scoring = better game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

[QUOTE]Every goaltender looks exactly the same except Brodeur. In the old days if you were tall and skinny you were a tall and skinny goaltender. If you were short and fat you were a short and fat goaltender.\Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

So by that logic, if I were a goalie, I'd be a tall fat goaltender (6'3", 240 lbs).... Hmm, I've been called worse.... today.    Sounds like a winning combination with the equipment they wear today.  I could fill the whole bloody net.

I should call Ryder (know him from back home in Newfoundland) and tell him to get me a tryout.    I'd be happy to ride the bench for minimum salary wearing enough equipment to make an NFL linebacker look small!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah nash, Rask and Thomas have the exact same style...you're just the only one noticing it...try again...

Sections
Shortcuts