re: How long before B's are in first in the division

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

re: How long before B's are in first in the division

B's are 2 points out of first right now. Buffalo seems to be the team in trouble right now, Ottawa is coming on hard lately.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Re: re: How long before B's are in first in the division

4 games

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

First place? I thought this was the most disgraceful team in all of hockey. So your saying that all those posts last month were wrong. Who would have thought?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

I'de say 3-4 games. For the conference (if they go on fire) 8-10 games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

First place didn't get the Bruins much last year did it? All I want to see is this team going into the playoffs  on a good run and gaining momentum and see what happens .. Carolina and Pittsburgh were good examples last year of teams finding their game through the season and coming into the playoffs no one wanted to play them..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Two to three weeks until they have sole possession of first place in the division.  They may be in first off and on before that, but hopefully they will be ahead of the pack by a few points in three weeks. 

It will likely take a few games with Savard back to get the line combinations sorted out.  Hopefully by Savvy's second week back, the B's can put a win streak together.  With four teams all within a few points of each other, the division is there for the taking by the team that can find a consistent winning formula first.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JackEdwards. Show JackEdwards's posts

It is about the Playoffs people.

Are any you going to rush out and buy Northeast Division Champion T shirts and Hats if they win the division?

Well probably dkrejci46 will but you see my point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: re: How long before B's are in first in the division:
    [QUOTE]It is about the Playoffs people. Are any you going to rush out and buy Northeast Division Champion T shirts and Hats if they win the division? Well probably dkrejci46 will but you see my point.
    Posted by JackEdwards[/QUOTE]

Will the real Jack Edwards step up !!! 
    LOL  Jack already has his Northeast Division Champion T shirt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]First place didn't get the Bruins much last year did it? All I want to see is this team going into the playoffs  on a good run and gaining momentum and see what happens .. Carolina and Pittsburgh were good examples last year of teams finding their game through the season and coming into the playoffs no one wanted to play them..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

It's great to see a team do really well in the regular season, but I totally agree; I'd rather see the B's stomp on the gas pedal in April and keep it buried until they hoist a cup. Way too many times the team that has the great regular season fails to capitalize in the post season.........hopefully the B's will have learned some from last year's run.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Really, who cares?

Unless my math and understanding is way off, isn't it mathematically possible to finish 11th in the conference and still win your division?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]Really, who cares? Unless my math and understanding is way off, isn't it mathematically possible to finish 11th in the conference and still win your division?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    In that case it would be very important to win the division.  A 3rd place finish versus a 12th place finish.

I agree with others that it is not really important to win the division, as long as the team enters the playoffs on a roll.  However, it is nice to have home ice advantage for at least one round of the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Winning the division and going into the playoffs with momentum aren't mutually exclusive, so there's no reason to dismiss winning the division as a reasonable goal for the next couple of months.  Given the way they've started, it's hardly guaranteed.  In fact, if Ottawa or Buffalo make a run at it, that #3 seed in the east could be useful motivation for the Bruins to build the momentum they need.  After coasting to the East title last year, they tried to flip the switch back to full power in the Shabs series, but it didn't stick because the Shabs didn't put up much of a fight.  By the time they played the over-achieving 'Canes, it was too late.  So - gotta build goal by goal. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

[QUOTE]First place didn't get the Bruins much last year did it? All I want to see is this team going into the playoffs  on a good run and gaining momentum and see what happens .. Carolina and Pittsburgh were good examples last year of teams finding their game through the season and coming into the playoffs no one wanted to play them..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]
    Agreed.  I'd rather they stay in the middle of the pack and definately make the playoffs.  Number 1 spot makes them too confident like they've won the S. Cup like San Jose last year.  Stay in the middle, take chances, work on new systems during the regular year and maybe cost them a few games while they build for the playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts