Ready to make the team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from legolaspinkerton. Show legolaspinkerton's posts

Ready to make the team?

Is there anyone out there who followed the Providence Bruins last year? Season ticket holders? RI natives? I'd love to hear some thought on which prospects could potentially make play for the Bruins next year. From what I've read it sounds like there are a few. Among them:

Zach Hamill - (2007 1st round, #8 overall)The man who would have filled in for Krejci at the start of last season if Krejci wasn't ready to go.

Joe Colborne - (2008 1st roung, #16 overall) 6'5" scoring center. Played at University of Denver last year before signing with the Bruins and joining Providence late in the year.

Maxime Sauve (2008 2nd round) - Speedy, 6'2" winger, orginally from France.

Jordan Caron* - (2009 1st round, #25 overall) 6'2" winger with scoring touch.

*I realize that Jordan Caron hasn't played for Providence yet, but decided to include him on the list anyway.

So who's ready? Could any of them make the team out of camp? Who do you think might get the call if the injury bug strikes in November?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Ready to make the team?

The B's will be better off calling Czerkawski out of retirement than playing Hamill at the beginningn of next season.  He's awful.

I only got to see Colborne once.  In the AHL game, he did not look out of place at all.  He was digging pucks out of the corners and using some deft moves to get free.

Sauve hasn't stood out at all, positively or negatively, in any game I've seen him play.

If the B's do call up Caron, it'll take him a couple of months to get to Boston.  He'll have to fly home and hug/kiss/shake hands with everyone before he gets to The Garden.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Ready to make the team?:
    Is there anyone out there who followed the Providence Bruins last year? Season ticket holders? RI natives? I'd love to hear some thought on which prospects could potentially make play for the Bruins next year. From what I've read it sounds like there are a few. Among them: Zach Hamill - (2007 1st round, #8 overall)The man who would have filled in for Krejci at the start of last season if Krejci wasn't ready to go. Joe Colborne - (2008 1st roung, #16 overall) 6'5" scoring center. Played at University of Denver last year before signing with the Bruins and joining Providence late in the year. Maxime Sauve (2008 2nd round) - Speedy, 6'2" winger, orginally from France. Jordan Caron* - (2009 1st round, #25 overall) 6'2" winger with scoring touch. *I realize that Jordan Caron hasn't played for Providence yet, but decided to include him on the list anyway. So who's ready? Could any of them make the team out of camp? Who do you think might get the call if the injury bug strikes in November?
    Posted by legolaspinkerton

Nobody is ready.  Seen Hamill and he has nothing.

Sauve is a really good skater and has speed, surprised to know he's that tall, I would have put him at 5'9"

Others need seasoning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

At this point Caron has the best shot with his size and compete level. How long he takes to the podium has nothing to do with it. Comical to even suggest Jordan might have an attitude problem because he's not afraid to show he cares about the people whom support him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Ready to make the team?:
    At this point Caron has the best shot with his size and compete level. How long he takes to the podium has nothing to do with it. Comical to even suggest Jordan might have an attitude problem because he's not afraid to show he cares about the people whom support him.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

You are bothered that I judge a kid based on what I saw at the draft.  I understand that.  Doens't change anything, but I understand it.

You feel this player has the best chance at making the NHL out of the guys listed because of how tall he is, how much he weighs and how hard he played as an amateur.  I am bothered by that.

That's okay, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I think playing/working hard is one of the main skills that separates regular players from great players...10 times out of 10 coaches will take the guy who shows up and works harder as opposed to the guy who just shows up...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Ready to make the team? : You are bothered that I judge a kid based on what I saw at the draft.  I understand that.  Doens't change anything, but I understand it. You feel this player has the best chance at making the NHL out of the guys listed because of how tall he is, how much he weighs and how hard he played as an amateur.  I am bothered by that. That's okay, right?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

your opinion seems to be in the minority. The minority of one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Caron and Marchand have the best chances along with Seguin/Hall plus hopefully Etem

Potential lineup

Lucic Savard Etem
    Ryder Krecji Seguin
    Caron Bergeron Sturm
    ? Sobokta Marchand

Chara Seidenberg
    Wideman Hunwick
    Ference/Mcquaid Boychuk

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Caron and Marchand have the best chances along with Seguin/Hall plus hopefully Etem Potential lineup Lucic Savard Etem Ryder Krecji Seguin Caron Bergeron Sturm ? Sobokta Marchand Chara Seidenberg Wideman Hunwick Ference/Mcquaid Boychuk
    Posted by yaz16

Dear lord!

If the B's have four players with zero NHL experience on the roster next season, it's over before it even starts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

i think marchand is ready for 4th line duty.  caron, sauve, and colborne could see some time in boston as well.  but i think a full season with the "baby b's" would be ideal for them.  i feel that at least one, if not all three, start the season in providence.

as for hamill, i don't know what to think of him anymore.  i'm just not sure where he fits here....especially if we get seguin.   maybe he'll become a 3rd (or 4th) line center someday but i'm not sure.  and i have my doubts that it will be in boston.

Sections
Shortcuts