Reality check

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Reality check

OK so the B's lost a post season game. Did anyone hear REALLY expect them to go 16-0.
    Not many changes I would make for game 3. I do think it is time to give Bitz another shot and sit Wheeler for a game or two. Wheeler is simply out of gas in his first year as a pro and that is nothing to be ashamed of.
    I like Ferrence but let's just say that last night was not his best performance. I would not want to see him sit out at this point but, I wonder if he is still nursing an injury
    Was it just me or did Z look a bit lazy last night. Looked like he was in slow motion during the second goal. He has been great for us all year but, I expect more from a Norris Trophy candidate during a tight playoff game.
    Recchi has been consistently mediocre lately but I think he is due for a big game. The kind of game that Stanley Cup Champions have during the playoffs

One last thing: What this series needs is some genuine "hate " for the oponnent. Compared to the Habs series, this looks like my son's pee wee games. Game 3, early on, look for Thornton to come out and throw down with someone, ANYONE.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

Re: Reality check

while i would of loved to see the b's go ona monster run like that in reality  i expect the mightlose a game or two as the opponets get tougher. on the ohter hand though u cant play like they did for the first two periods and expect positive results.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Wheeler is simply out of gas in his first year as a pro and that is nothing to be ashamed of. Was it just me or did Z look a bit lazy last night.
    Posted by ed121501

While i agree that this was a reality check, I have to go to bat for my boys here. I thought Wheeler had a lot more jump in his step. It hought he moved the puck well and was more of a physical presence than he was in the playoffs thus far. Maybe i just look at Wheeler differently than most people, but I liked what I saw last night. Krejci played well last night too.

I personally saw Chara man-handle Staal all night long, i'm suprised you are questioning his effort.

What i saw, is the Bruins didn't show a sense of urgency until the third period. And when they did, they moved into the offensive zone with ease. They just looked tenative when shooting the puck. The entire team shot the puck poorly. Give carolina credit for getting in the shooting lanes, but I just didn't see many pucks get through from the points. The defensemen have to do a better job.

I didn't think Cam Ward played as well as people think. The Bruins had some great chances and they seemed to just flub the shots. They weren't as crisp as it hink they will be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

OK so the B's lost a post season game. Did anyone hear REALLY expect them to go 16-0. Not many changes I would make for game 3. I do think it is time to give Bitz another shot and sit Wheeler for a game or two. Wheeler is simply out of gas in his first year as a pro and that is nothing to be ashamed of. I like Ferrence but let's just say that last night was not his best performance. I would not want to see him sit out at this point but, I wonder if he is still nursing an injury Was it just me or did Z look a bit lazy last night. Looked like he was in slow motion during the second goal. He has been great for us all year but, I expect more from a Norris Trophy candidate during a tight playoff game. Recchi has been consistently mediocre lately but I think he is due for a big game. The kind of game that Stanley Cup Champions have during the playoffs One last thing: What this series needs is some genuine "hate " for the oponnent. Compared to the Habs series, this looks like my son's pee wee games. Game 3, early on, look for Thornton to come out and throw down with someone, ANYONE.
    Posted by ed121501

Chara has a new 7 pound bundle of joy at home with the Mrs. which could even wear down the man of steal.  I am willing to cut him some slack of he was off his game last night. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Olsonic, I'm not bashing Thomas here but his opponent just stole a game, he needs to get a couple days rest, focus, and dominate like he has in the past because he looked a bit off during game 2.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I think i might have been too hard on you. Although I strongly disagree with your point on the salary cap being a reason to can Timmy, and although i think you grossly overestimate how many quality goaltenders there are in the NHL, it seems like your argument was focused less on Thomas than it was on the system and the quality of the players they need to sign on offense. I understand your point, and it is certainly a much better argument than the meat-heads that just come here can act like Timmy is a talentless nobody just like Tom Brady was talentless system QB.

I honestly was thinking of you while watching the Washington Pittsburg series. I was thinking, "Man Varlamov is playing well, Theodore really fell off the wagon. I bet DKrejci46 is looking at this shaking his head" That part of me was thinking about what the Bruins would look like if Rask ever got a chance, because I honestly think Tim Thomas could be playing better than he is right now. Im not stubborn enough to deny that. But at the same time, Washington was forced into that decision from the sieve job theodore was doing. The capitals  got really really really lucky.

I mean, its also tough to win with Zero goals on offense, and TT did give them a chance to win. IMO under 4 goals = chance to win

As far as Cam ward... I thought the bruins hit Cam Ward square in the chest on several of their media-dubbed "good chances". I just thought that he has positionally sound and the bruins didn't make him stretch. I thought their poor shooting made him look better than he was. With that being said. Cam ward did play as well as he possibly could, so who is to say that if the bruins made him stretch, he wouldn't have saved those as well. Who knows.

What i did see is a Bruins team come out in the third period that looked different than the one in the 1st and 2nd. Maybe they needed to lose a game to raise their level again.

**Note: This in no-way makes me forget how unwilling you were to listen to other peoples opinions, and the blind arrogance you showed in making statements like "I know more about hockey than you and your family" when you don't even know me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mainerguy. Show mainerguy's posts

I didn't think Cam Ward played as well as people think. The Bruins had some great chances and they seemed to just flub the shots. They weren't as crisp as it hink they will be.
    Posted by Olsonic

I have to agree with you here. For instance, did anybody else see Ward take that shot off the face? He played a great game, however, I think he was as lucky as he was talented that night. B's couldn't seem to muster any quality shots with the exception of Ryder's chance late. That's a save I can certainly credit Ward for.

Hopefully the Bruins can return to form and handle the puck like they normally do. There were an awful lot of "passes" that appeared to be headed in the direction of nobody in particular. Very uncharacteristic of this team.

If game 2 proves anything, it's that the only way Carolina can win this series is if Boston gives it away. With both teams playing at their peaks, it's no contest.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyDawes. Show JohnnyDawes's posts

There were 2 glaring holes in the Bruin game. The first was their POWER-LESS PLAY.  History has proved that without an effective powerplay there will be no cup.  The B's powerplay to say the least, stank up the joint.  Claude Julien needs to do something to fix that problem in a hurry.  The second problem lies with Thomas. He got burnt by bad goals.  As for the "no goal", he dodged the bullet on that one.  I have my doubts about Thomas.  If Thomas does not make the stops then it is curtains.  Everybody knows that in the playoffs the goalie is the last resort. The Bruins have languished too long without an great goaltender e.g. Dryden, Roy, Bernie Parent. etc. etc.  Thomas is the weak link just like no-good Osgoode.  During the off season a serious look must be taken in the goaltending  area.  Also we need a goal scorer.  We cannot go on forever scrounging around for a goal or a break. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

To state that our power play offense is struggling is obvious. Is it too simple to suggest that they just dunp the puck in the zone, dig it out, and get it back to the defensemen who can blast it on the net? I have this feeling that they're trying to set up the "perfect goal" and end up overpassing the puck and wasting time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

To state that our power play offense is struggling is obvious. Is it too simple to suggest that they just dunp the puck in the zone, dig it out, and get it back to the defensemen who can blast it on the net? I have this feeling that they're trying to set up the "perfect goal" and end up overpassing the puck and wasting time.
    Posted by trouts

If we (the B's) don't start crashing the net and getting in Ward's way, we're in for a tough time. Ward saw all the shots at him in game 2.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

While i agree that this was a reality check, I have to go to bat for my boys here. I thought Wheeler had a lot more jump in his step. It hought he moved the puck well and was more of a physical presence than he was in the playoffs thus far. Maybe i just look at Wheeler differently than most people, but I liked what I saw last night. Krejci played well last night too. I personally saw Chara man-handle Staal all night long, i'm suprised you are questioning his effort. What i saw, is the Bruins didn't show a sense of urgency until the third period. And when they did, they moved into the offensive zone with ease. They just looked tenative when shooting the puck. The entire team shot the puck poorly. Give carolina credit for getting in the shooting lanes, but I just didn't see many pucks get through from the points. The defensemen have to do a better job. I didn't think Cam Ward played as well as people think. The Bruins had some great chances and they seemed to just flub the shots. They weren't as crisp as it hink they will be.
    Posted by Olsonic

THANK YOU !!  I just don't have the patience you have to post with all this negativity out on these boards .  You're comments dead on. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mainerguy. Show mainerguy's posts

The second problem lies with Thomas. He got burnt by bad goals.  As for the "no goal", he dodged the bullet on that one.  I have my doubts about Thomas.  If Thomas does not make the stops then it is curtains.  Everybody knows that in the playoffs the goalie is the last resort. The Bruins have languished too long without an great goaltender e.g. Dryden, Roy, Bernie Parent. etc. etc.  Thomas is the weak link just like no-good Osgoode.  During the off season a serious look must be taken in the goaltending  area.  Also we need a goal scorer.  We cannot go on forever scrounging around for a goal or a break. 
    Posted by JohnnyDawes

Maybe I saw the goals differently than you did, but I certainly didn't see anything "soft". I might give you the first goal in a pinch, but on the second Timmy was let down by the guys in front of him on the power play. I am certainly not trying to release Thomas of his responsibilities. The point is, Thomas gave up 2 goals over 3 periods in the second round of the playoffs. That total should be good enough to win, especially with the scoring depth of this Bruins team. You may still have your doubts about Timmy Thomas, but I don't, and I'm guessing his teammates and the front office don't either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonwise. Show Bostonwise's posts

gfkr2, I think you are exactly right, I thought Chara looked like he was totally dragging in game two and I thought to myself-oh wow he's got a brand new baby at home. He is probably totally sleep deprived. Maybe he can get 30 winks in NC.
    But overall they have to put forth a more consistant effort and not wait until the 3rd period to get serious.
    I know we play a dump and chase game but so often in game two we were digging it out behind the net with NO ONE in front and no one running interference in front of Cam Ward-that has got to stop! I'd like to know what percentage of shots were from the point rather than in deep-pressure, that's what we need and Kessel back to form!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmikebruins8. Show mrmikebruins8's posts

well if they play like this in game 3 its a safe bet that the bruins will loose

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from remembermadison. Show remembermadison's posts

Friends ---

Give the Canes and Mr. Ward due credit.  Hate to tell you, they are a very very good team.  This series is going 7, Bruins will be hard pressed to win, will have to win an OT game or two to pull it off.  People forget the Canes won the Cup just 3 seasons ago, they have the core of the team back, their goalie is top 3 world wide, they have been playing great the last 1/3 of the season, they just knocked off NJ even.  They are good.  Fear the Bear, but do not underestimate the Canes.

Sections
Shortcuts