Really guys, are some of you really that dumb?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from john-88. Show john-88's posts

Really guys, are some of you really that dumb?

Man I don’t understand some people; why are some of you guys freaking out for nothing. Listen the bruins lost because Krejci (there best playoff player) got hurt and Gagne for Philly came back! Plus why is such incredible thing that team won 4 games in a row because correct me if I’m wrong but in game 4 in overtime if the bruins had scored wouldn’t they have won 4 in row and my point is, it’s hockey teams out no where go on winning streaks and losing streaks and for me, 4 wins is not impressive maybe 14 however.

The bruins will be fine because they have plenty of youth coming and there is nothing wrong with the coach because like I said if Krejci stays healthy, they win game 4 … period!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Re: Really guys, are some of you really that dumb?

Well said....Seems that the Bs had a sweep last season in the 1st round.  Then, this year, they won 4 in a row, before they lost 4 in a row. 

Just s ucks to be so close...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from john-88. Show john-88's posts

I know dbg1 it s ucks but for me the playoffs ended when Krejci got hurt and that is no different for any team who losses their top guy! What we need is more experience and mental toughness and that will come from losing but not by quitting and angry fans who actually say they won’t watch the bruins again.

Losing is a part of life but from every loss comes a lesson and hopefully the B’s can take something positive out of this!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

i agree with all that about krejci.  but we had a 3 - 0 series lead.  i felt we could get just one more game without him.  and then to have a 3 - 0 lead in game 7 and not close it out.  that's why it hurts so much.  but i'm not tell you guys anything that you don't already know.

they had no shot in the eastern conference finals without him.  but it still would have been nice to make an appearance and get some more experience for the younger guys.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

yeah, don't worry.... be happy....  it's only been 38 yrs!!!!....  and counting.... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Really guys, are some of you really that dumb?:
    I know dbg1 it s ucks but for me the playoffs ended when Krejci got hurt and that is no different for any team who losses their top guy! What we need is more experience and mental toughness and that will come from losing but not by quitting and angry fans who actually say they won’t watch the bruins again.   Losing is a part of life but from every loss comes a lesson and hopefully the B’s can take something positive out of this!
    Posted by john-88
    The angry fans who say they will never watch them again, are not the kind of fans any team needs (weak and soft). Hopefully they will stand to there word and stay away. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Look, two things to bear in mind: People will believe what they want to believe, and some people aren't happy unless they're miserable.

Losing Krejci was just the most obvious of the Bruins' problems. What some people seem determined to overlook (or are too blinded by misery/anger to comprehend) is that the Bruins didn't cakewalk their way to that 3-0 lead. Those were two VERY evenly matched teams, and a bounce the other way, a bit of puck luck, and it very easily could have been a 3-0 Philly lead. Even Game 3, which the Bruins won 4-1, could have gone the other way; the (late) insurance goal came off a shot that bounced off Pronger and right onto Recchi's stick. Conversely, the winning goal in Game 6 came on a play in which the shot was blocked by Boychuk, only to land perfectly on Briere's stick. Even down to the end, Lucic rang a shot off the post in Game 7 that would have given the Bruins the late lead, and we'd all be talking about how they valiantly fought their way back.

Yes, we're well aware that everyone suffers injuries. But it wasn't just Krejci, either. Marc Savard (God love him) shouldn't have been out there. Mark Stuart was playing with a hole in his arm (Want a bout with nausea? Check out what he had to go through to get back on the ice. And then come back and tell me these guys are "heartless."). They lost Sturm, and don't kid yourself - Whitfield was NOT an adequate replacement. And they were also missing their #2 defenseman, which many people seem to have totally forgotten.

They made a hell of a push to make it into the playoffs; how many people predicted that they wouldn't? And then what did you expect, exactly? Here's what I expected: A series win, maybe. Perhaps two, if they got lucky. Playoff  experience for Rask. When Savard returned, I started to hope maybe they'd go a bit further, but when Krejci went down, I knew they were toast.

So what, exactly, did the "same old Bruins" crowd expect? That they'd romp through the opposition, cruise to the Stanley Cup? Seriously?

And whether they won or lost however many in a row, really, what difference does it make? They lost, it hurts, pick up and move on. This is a talented team wth a young nucleus, a couple of strong veterans, a franchise player on the way, and some real prospects in the system. We have a young stud goalie - Washington doesn't. We don't have a crippling salary cap problem ahead - Chicago and San Jose do. We aren't suddenly aging - Detroit is. We haven't missed the playoffs umpteen years in a row - Atlanta and Toronto have. A little perspective goes a long way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Look, two things to bear in mind: People will believe what they want to believe, and some people aren't happy unless they're miserable.

duinne you are a genius. that pretty well sums up the makeup of many posters on these boards. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from canubthatdumb. Show canubthatdumb's posts

Dont forget to mention the huge choke job performed by Tukka or should I say Fouurkka Rask. This guy just made the biggest choke in playoff history and was not very good in either series making a poor offensive team play from behind throughout the entire playoffs. Last post season Thomas was number one and two in save% and GAA Tukka didnt make the top five in either. Just another bad call by Juliann sticking with a choker through thick and thin. Sorry but Tukka risk didnt pan out and was easily solved by the flyers!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

Krejci went down and in that game we battled back to tie it before losing on OT , so losing him hurt but it was not the reason we lost the series, we had absolutly NO Killer Instinct, plus they no showed for game 5 it was because of a lack of character

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

I personally think this Bruins team overachieved in the post-season given the odds they were up against and the health problems they were dealing with.

What worries me is that there is a culture of "losing" in that organization. Since Jacobs bought the team, most of the players who have come through the organization in those 35+ years eventually have realized that management's primary goal is profit, not Stanley Cups......that will, over time, begin to permeate through the entire organization, from the rank and file employees, to the GM, to the coaches and to the players.

Yes, I know that since Jacobs agitated for and finally got his salary cap in 2005, that the "major league" roster can now no longer outspent by other teams.

However, I used to work in the Garden (when it was called the FleetCenter), and I know that the Bruins' organization, off the ice, remains a very low-budget operation. This includes the scouting department, which, when I worked in the building, was reportedly underpaid and understaffed according to the B's employees that I used to speak with. That makes a difference folks--other teams are out turning over every possible stone to find gems in the 4th and 5th rounds of the draft and in unsigned junior free agents, while the Bruins are looking under the most visible, larger rocks, and lack the resources to dig anywhere else.

I know blaming Jacobs has become trite after all these years and even comes off as nothing but whining, but you have to dig below the surface and beneath the fact that they "spend up to the salary cap every year" now.

The culture that this ownership has fostered in that organization over the last 3 decades-plus is a culture of losing (anyone remember when they threatened to discipline any Bruins player who attended the Ray Bourque Stanley Cup rally back in 2001 in Boston?--that's pathetic and it's a loser's mentality).

As a Bruins fan going back to 1973, I really hope that they can overcome C. Montgomery Jacobs' ownership some day, but I just worry that the "loser culture," as I've mentioned before here, is too ingrained within the organization, and that it won't change until C. Montgomery's entire family is removed from the ownership scene (his kids are just as bad as their father, and even if the old guy dies and leaves the team to his sons, things won't change very much).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

john-88[/QUOTE]

Congrats john-88  best message posted so far this month ....you are right on Man...if you look at last year's playoffs highlights between the B's and Mtl ..Krejci was simply the best player on the ice .....no question about it BRUINS would have won the series with Krejci and with the return of Seidenberg they could have advanced to the Stanley Final ..and than who knows ...and next year we'll have a much different tems with Hall or Seguin in the line up and maybe 2 others young rookies (Colborne-Caron-Sodenberg-Sauve-Lehtonen-and our 1st round pick no.15 should also be very interesting ...this year's draft is a great year) Jeff Skinner ranked 34 was ranked 12th mid season ...scored 50 goals...interesting ...Kabanov ...dont know whats happening with him was ranked no.4 overall mid-season is now 31st but not playing at the Memorial Cup ????