Reason for loss of game 5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Reason for loss of game 5

Even though all the three poll listings were a factor that we lost the game the two biggest imo has to be the loss of krecji and mcquaid from the lineup with the inability for julien to tweak the lineup thereafter

Three guys on the team are really confusing and slowing our team down. Its like a bridge with a couple of loose links.

1. Whitfield - Has made the 4th line insignificant. Has zero skills and looks like an ahl player vs the rest of the other players. Bruins should tryout Marchand next game. Not sure what experience matters if you have zero significance in the outcome.

2. Sobokta - He is suppose to be our third line centre but has been the biggest liability on the defensive end. Simply when he is on the ice goals are scored. Call it bad luck but i think as a centre he is missing little detail assignments to help from someone knocking in the puck. Has been also absent on the offensive end. Bottom line imo is that he is willing to check day and night but has a fraile skinny body and gets pushed around all over the ice. The way its going and we lose this series i doubt he will be back next season. (too many chances given)

3. Mark Stuart - Before when Mcquaid was in the lineup the bruins defense core looked solid. Solid passes to the offensive players and quick decisions. This guy is a physical player but with little nhl iq. There is a reason he will not be resigned next year. I really hope when mcquaid is ready they will sit stuart and not give him a free pass because he is a vet

Also CJ is not making adjustments (changing the lineup around, strategy around) to help us win. He should have known from game 4 we needed to make defensive adjustments after giving up 4 goals. If we lose this series can you really trust this guy in the future to lead us to the promise land? I hope we don't lose but this is one coach who can't make adjustments in the nhl level very well. Shows in the playoffs

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Re: Reason for loss of game 5

You forgot ALL OF THESES ABOVE

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from undeafeatedpatsfan. Show undeafeatedpatsfan's posts

we lost because philly is playing desperate and the Bruins are not, simply put. Now we have no choice to play desperate, I believe we will WIN game six. Desperation time, Tuuka will steal a game here. Don't give up BRUIN fans we still only need to win one more game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Stop saying tukka will steal a game, hes mentally tired and nned the team to steal one for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from philathrilla. Show philathrilla's posts

If you had a radio button for 'lack of dicipline' I would of voted.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Im tired of the Tuukka needs to steal one myself, He is the only reason why they are in these games. You cant leave men alone in front of the net, I dont care who the goalie is. They have been doing this to much, You dont see the B's getting a free pass in front of the Philly net. The d also needs to stop giving up the Blue line so fast, they are letting philly into the zone way to easily. The d needs to pick it up in game 6, They also need to get some offensive boost into the lineup somehow. They have way to many defensive forwards playing right now. Sobotka,Begin,Thornton,Whitfield and for the Most part Bergeron. Thornton and Whitfield need to sit they arent bringing anything right now. They have nothing to lose in GM 6 if they insert a couple rookies into the lineup, they cant play any worst then they did last night.

Keys to Game 6

Chara needs to step it up, He is the C of this team and has been invisible this whole series.

Savard needs to step it up in Krejci's absence. He is the key to this offense

Better breakout passes and clearing the zone

HIT,HIT,HIT they havent been the physical team that they need to be to be effective and to neutralize philly's speed.

Come out desperate and play like its a Game 7. if they come out flat again, its over. Philly smells blood right now and have the upper hand because they feel that they have the advantage.

Get bodies in front of Leighton, he hasnt played in 2 months, Make life miserable for him. Shoot from everywhere, make philly run around for a change.

The first period will show alot of what this team is made of.

All Im asking is for a good effort and to make it to the next round. Is that asking to much?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I didn't know Savard has been playing since he scored his overtime goal.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tuckrules. Show tuckrules's posts

Bruins fans quit on the team, that's why we lost.

The Canadians fans willed that team to a come from behind win last night. 

Because most of you are a bunch of front running frauds we cost the B's a win against the Flyers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kordic. Show Kordic's posts

the real reason is, they're scared of Montréal......
    you dont smell it in Boston but here in Montréal, its smell like......
    .....Stanley!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

they lost because Mumbles jinxed them w/ the Varitek comment......clearly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Reason for loss of game 5:
    the real reason, they're scared of Montréal...... you dont smell it Boston but here in montréal, its smell like...... .....Stanley!!!!
    Posted by Kordic

The same rules appy to your habs as they do for the Bruins, Bruins and Habs must win this round first. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Bruins fans quit on the team, that's why we lost. The Canadians fans willed that team to a come from behind win last night.  Because most of you are a bunch of front running frauds we cost the B's a win against the Flyers.
    Posted by tuckrules

Last night was embarrassing how quite the crowd was even from the opening draw, they never got into it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

I hate to say it, but the Bruins are as done as done can be. They are gutless and pathetic. Let the offseason begin. Clean house top to bottom. Half the players should've been gone by mid season. Get rid of them this offseason. Get rid of Julien & Chiarelli too. Any GM that would sign Ference when we first need to lock up Boychuk, Stuart & Seidenberg is clueless. Get rid of him before he does any more damage. Next, get a scorer. Hall or Seguin are 2-3 years away from making an impact. We need someone next year.

There's a lot of work to be done, but as last night's game showed, this team is a mess. They showed it all year. A fgew games in the first round of the playoffs doesn't change anything. The Flyers are going to win the series, and game 6 might be a 7-1 score. But that's okay, because the biggest playoff collapse in 35 years might be enough to trigger a massive housecleaning. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from philathrilla. Show philathrilla's posts

Because most of you are a bunch of front running frauds we cost the B's a win against the Flyers.
    Posted by tuckrules

Last I looked, the fans don't skate or shoot or throw checks.  The sarcastic 'Boucheeeee' chant worked to perfection throughout the combined shutout, didn't it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kordic. Show Kordic's posts

dont wont to be arrogant but your friend here(moogfan)got that right!
    what is happening in B...???
    we seriously here in MTL wanna rematch from last year!!!
    Another Classic would be good for the US tv viewership...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanuckBruin. Show CanuckBruin's posts

dont wont to be arrogant but your friend here(moogfan)got that right! what is happening in B...??? we seriously here in MTL wanna rematch from last year!!! Another Classic would be good for the US tv viewership...
    Posted by Kordic

Your displaying the arrogance that the Caps displayed against you.

Same end will obtain. Enjoy your summer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

In Response to Re: Reason for loss of game 5 : Last night was embarrassing how quite the crowd was even from the opening draw, they never got into it.
    Posted by moogfan35

I whole heartedly agree with this, the fans never really seemed into it, not like a Montreal game, those are some noisy fans (albeit annoying too). The B's admit that loud home noise picks up their game, yet here we are with a chance to eliminate and move on and it was too quiet and the fans gave up too early.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kordic. Show Kordic's posts

maybe me ,but l'm not playing tommorow night...
    we got 20 warriors instead...(thank god)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

In Response to Re: Reason for loss of game 5 : Your displaying the arrogance that the Caps displayed against you. Same end will obtain. Enjoy your summer.
    Posted by CanuckBruin

Yeah but he's right, the NHL brass won't get their dream Ovi/Crosby series, I think the next best thing would be a classic Bruins/Habs conf finals, of course with a Sharks/Bruins final series for added drama....of course that pesky Flyers team won't roll over....dare to dream.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Where is the vote for Rask.  He's looking more and more like Carey Price out there.  9 goals in back to back games that could have shut down the Flyers and moved the B's into the CF?  Come on guys, he is NOT playing well....AT ALL!!!!!  There are a lot of problems on the B's right now, I dont know if they can pull it together, but you guys can keep pushing Rask as the 32nd coming of Dryden.  Look at his numbers for the PB's, they arent great. 

The whole team is playing poorly, thats a fact, but when your last line of defense is playing as bad, you cant stay in the game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Lost nearly every one on one battle

Terrible passing

Didn't skate

Wideman!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Rask is not doing what he needs to do, he also needs a bit of luck, the D is not doing it they are not clearing the net presence and def not clearing the puck. The O is not scoring.

CJ has gone back to stupidity again, playing 4th line after a goal, or after a PK, give me a break. Top players played less than 20 mins when down in a game, not like they were up and being rested they needed goals play your players.
    Chara is playing 4 mins less than Pronger, Chara needs to play 30 mins next game, cut Ference back to 10 with Stuart, Wide and Hunw at 20 and Boych at 30 with Chara, 35 if you can.

CJ
    Leave Wheel with Berg, he has size and speed and better hands than Pail. Leave Pail on 4th and PK. Add March to Sob line they played well in Prov, when Sob could score, for Whitf replace him with anyone possibly Hamill and sit Thorn for March. get some life back in, we don't have Krej so don't replace him with Whitf for pete's sake.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

You can't blame rask.

3 out of the 4 shots that went in were after multiple shots fired at him. Especially the first and 2nd goal.

The guy did his part last game but our defense stunk. CJ know how to tell his guys if there is immediate danger to ice the puck?

All these fancy ways to get the puck out of our zone has cost us a couple of important goals at the wrong time. I think CJ has instructed the team a no tolerant incing policy.

I wanted also bang my head against the table when we couldn't connect more than one pass on the ice. It was a pass too far or too hard or into high traffic areas.

We need to win game 6. Play defensive oriented hockey (just as we did all season long) and score the first goal are the two most important keys

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

So why cant Rask be blamed?  He let the puck cross the line, period.  He IS to blame.  He is the LAST line of defense, so if youre blaming defense, youre blaming Rask.  And what about the times Timmy was pulled in the REGULAR season after letting in 3 goals?  That happened at least twice, and recently too.

Rask has a HUGE fanboy following here, FACT!  Its never his fault, he's better than Timmy, etc., etc., etc.  Look at numbers.  Rasks numbers from the PB's arent impressive.  He is wearing down.  He is a rookie with NO NHL experience to speak of beyond the 45 games he played this year (39 starts).  He had 22 wins, 22 losses.  Not exactly spectacular.  Look at his AHL numbers and the playoff year where he dominated 2 rounds and then was run over ( I think it was 2 rounds and then the finals, cant remember).  Anyway.....

Sections
Shortcuts