Recchi said 99% of Bruins want to win cup - who is the 1%???????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Recchi said 99% of Bruins want to win cup - who is the 1%???????

source:  http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283612

Quote from Recchi

"The reason I like Boston is 99 per cent of the guys on that team really want to win a Cup and that's the most important thing in that dressing room."

So who is the 1% guy?  I don't think it was Fernandez he was talking about because  MF is gone anyway.  I think he's sending a message to someone there or an unsigned regular roster player.  From what it seems to me, my guess would be Kessel or Savard. 

Don't just disagree.  Name the names.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Re: Recchi said 99% of Bruins want to win cup - who is the 1%???????

1% isn't too shabby, in fact, it doesn't add up to even one player.  And you can bet that the 1% guy is or will likely be moved by the start of next season.  But don't worry, that 1% factor will be present here next season, just as it is in every NHL locker room every year.

Compare where you work to the Bruins:  would 1% be a good number in your company?  Damn right it would.  And nearly unattainable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

its noone it was just how it came out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Not buying these explanations.  No how no way.  Companies I've worked for?  How about the teams I've played for?  In my beer league teams we got rid of the guys that had other motives than winning the playoffs.

And for the 1% not equalling 1 player.  Come on.  Get serious.  Did you really expect him to say 95.6521% of the guys want to win a cup??  (assuming a 23 man roster).  Hockey player math says this equals one guy.

"It was just how it came out".  No.  This guy is a team leader.  This is a guy who's got his act together, his brain and his arrse are connected.  This is not like 90% of the guys in baseball that say something stupid 90% of the time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chocolab511. Show chocolab511's posts

In Response to Re: Recchi said 99% of Bruins want to win cup - who is the 1%???????:
    [QUOTE] Compare where you work to the Bruins:  would 1% be a good number in your company?  Damn right it would.  And nearly unattainable.
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]

Huh? Just because he said it doesn't mean it's true... Every other team could say 100% of thier players want to win the Cup then that would mean the Bruins rank #30 in teams who want to win it all. It's just cheap words but for some reason you love to eat them up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

when you are speaking, in general, and you are talking about percentages few use the term "100 percent." You often hear cliches like "i gave 110 percent out there," and Recchi did something that a lot of guys do, they say "99 percent" which is to mean the entire team. It's a cliche. You want to dissect a simple quote like this, and you become sick. I've heard 99 percent used often on many subjects. It's something we just say because 100 percent is finite, and 99 always allows just a little doubt. That's human nature, people. By the way, anyone who doesn't want to win a stanley cup probably should be like Stephon Marbury of the Celtics, who was insulted by a 1.3 mil minimum offer in the NBA. Apparently the guy, who has a ton of money in the bank, doesn't care about winning a NBA title. He's concerned about his next paycheck. I would be in complete shock if there are guys in the NHL who don't want to win the stanley cup. It's the ultimate in playing sports. You want to be champions, it's what sports is all about. The sacrifices, the road to winning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

a better thread here also would be...woo hoo!! Recchi is back for another season, and a full one....This guy is a pro's pro. Outstanding career. The type of veteran the B's need in that lockerroom. Bravo to the GM

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Milbury26. Show Milbury26's posts

That member of the Bruins who doesn't want to win the Cup is Jack Edwards.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

The 1%? A few jackofff fans, probably the Canes fans who posted on here during Round 2 of the playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GnarKill72. Show GnarKill72's posts

Phil Kessel

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Milbury26. Show Milbury26's posts

But seriously, it's just an expression. I'd say the amount of players who are actually vocal about "wanting to win the cup" would be around 40%, because it seems as if it's a given while you're in the NHL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

n Response to Recchi said 99% of Bruins want to win cup - who is the 1%???????:
    [QUOTE]source:  http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=283612 Quote from Recchi "The reason I like Boston is 99 per cent of the guys on that team really want to win a Cup and that's the most important thing in that dressing room." So who is the 1% guy?  I don't think it was Fernandez he was talking about because  MF is gone anyway.  I think he's sending a message to someone there or an unsigned regular roster player.  From what it seems to me, my guess would be Kessel or Savard.  Don't just disagree.  Name the names.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE] This is one of the most ridiculous posts I have read in awhile. Even most of the trolls would be ashamed of this garbage.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhsreddevil12. Show bhsreddevil12's posts

Im going to start my comment by saying this is just sometihng not mentioned on the post yet.. maybe Hindy? He might not have been happy with the fact that jr (hunwick) came up and took his spot towards the end of the season. To play the whole season to be a healthy scratch in the playoffs cant be fun. Now I love the way he plays the game, he's tough as nails and a great 3rd pairing def... Just a thought because everyone else in boston assumes its kessel.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic007. Show lucic007's posts

Its obviously Kessel since he's the one that wants the big coin instead of taking a slight pay-cut and strengthening the over-all team. Nobody else is holding out except him. Its Kessel.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DJAldy. Show DJAldy's posts

In Response to Re: Recchi said 99% of Bruins want to win cup - who is the 1%???????:
    [QUOTE]Its obviously Kessel since he's the one that wants the big coin instead of taking a slight pay-cut and strengthening the over-all team. Nobody else is holding out except him. Its Kessel.
    Posted by lucic007[/QUOTE]

Kessel wants to stay in Boston...he has made this point many times...he also was very clear that he is not asking for the reported $5mil...if it were up to Kessel he would be signed by now.

PC is simply waiting for the league to set the market on Kessel...unless Kessel is traded or somebody vastly overpays for him, he will be back on the top line with Savard and Lucic.

Your $5mil tag would require the offering team to give up a 1st, 2nd, 3rd round pick...plus actually PAYING the contract...not too many teams can spend that cash, let alone justify sacrificing the picks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Kessel or Savard

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

This is a ridiculous question. Sorry, but it is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

OK I changed my mind.

Now that I read the story I'm curious as to why he said that.

I suspect it's just because not everyone is all that riled up about the cup. Usually, the older or more mediocre players don't care all that much. I'm sure he didn't mean to say the 1% doesn't want the cup. Only that they're not all that committed.

Incidentally, 1% is impossble because there aren't 100 players in there and you can't cut a human being in 3 parts to get that estimate, but hey, he's not a mathematician he's a hockey player.

And no, i'm not going to name names because I don't know what he was thinking.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I don't know why on earth anyone would say "Kessel or Savard" considering Phil Kessel played two months and through the playoffs (and was the highest scorer in said playoffs for the B's) with a torn labrum and rotator cuff that required surgery, and Savard played Game 7 with a knee injury that would have sidelined him during the regular season. Not to mention that he played in the finals LAST year with a broken bone in his back. I mean, my God. If that's not desire, what the hell is?

Sounds to me like some "fans" just want to dump on a couple of players, for whatever reason.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Is this a habs forum?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongirl733. Show bostongirl733's posts

In Response to Recchi said 99% of Bruins want to win cup - who is the 1%???????:

Whoa...where did all these mathematicians come from? lol...one percent can't be just one person, you can't split a person up in 3...it must mean 3.5 people haha

Whether Recchi meant 1 person or a few doesn't matter. But the fact that he didn't say 100% sounds to me like he feels there's at least 1 individual (probaby a few) that don't seem to be as inspired or willing to work to win the cup. I've never met any of these guys, but I find it hard to believe that a player wouldn't want to win the cup. I mean i would think all of these guys have been dreamming of wining one since they were old enough to tie their skates.

And if it is a player or few, maybe being the veteran leader, he's just trying to send a message like, "Listen, this very well be my last year kids. I think boston has it and you better play your hearts out cause I chose to stay here instead of trying to go to Detroit" haha.

Or maybe, like with most things in Boston sports, we're all reading a little too much into it and should be focusing on how great next year is going to be having him back. 
    GO B's.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

//Or maybe, like with most things in Boston sports, we're all reading a little too much into it//

Quoted For Truth.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Recchi said 99% of Bruins want to win cup - who is the 1%??????? : Whoa...where did all these mathematicians come from? lol...one percent can't be just one person, you can't split a person up in 3...it must mean 3.5 people haha Whether Recchi meant 1 person or a few doesn't matter. But the fact that he didn't say 100% sounds to me like he feels there's at least 1 individual (probaby a few) that don't seem to be as inspired or willing to work to win the cup. I've never met any of these guys, but I find it hard to believe that a player wouldn't want to win the cup. I mean i would think all of these guys have been dreamming of wining one since they were old enough to tie their skates. And if it is a player or few, maybe being the veteran leader, he's just trying to send a message like, "Listen, this very well be my last year kids. I think boston has it and you better play your hearts out cause I chose to stay here instead of trying to go to Detroit" haha. Or maybe, like with most things in Boston sports, we're all reading a little too much into it and should be focusing on how great next year is going to be having him back.  GO B's.
    Posted by bostongirl733[/QUOTE]

Thank you.
    You have to wonder about someone who says 99% is just an expression that means "everyone."  In which language?  On what planet?

Yes.  Recchi is pointing to somebody.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from horrifying. Show horrifying's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Recchi said 99% of Bruins want to win cup - who is the 1%??????? : Whoa...where did all these mathematicians come from? lol...one percent can't be just one person, you can't split a person up in 3...it must mean 3.5 people haha

Posted by bostongirl733[/QUOTE]

Mathematicians? Since when did the concept of a PERCENTAGE become soley in the realm of mathematicians?

My suggestion to you is to take a hike you freaking hamsled.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostongirl733. Show bostongirl733's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Recchi said 99% of Bruins want to win cup - who is the 1%??????? : Mathematicians? Since when did the concept of a PERCENTAGE become soley in the realm of mathematicians? My suggestion to you is to take a hike you freaking hamsled.
    Posted by horrifying[/QUOTE]

Well I apologize if my attempt at a joke was bad. I was just poking fun at how people tend to read a little too much into stuff sometimes. But seeing as that wasn't the point of my post, thank you very much sounding like a crazy.