Recchi said 99% of Bruins want to win cup - who is the 1%???????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Re: Recchi said 99% of Bruins want to win cup - who is the 1%???????

Maybe its not a player and its their massage therapist? Don't read too much into that statement. He came back, because the B's have a chance at the cup!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Hey Boston girl! Nice to have another female on here.

As you can deduce from my first post, I appreciate the math humor. If you can't poke fun at hockey players for saying inaccurate stuff on the intellectual level, then where's the fun in living? :)

And yes, I suspect we're just reading too much into a phrase that was probably meant as, "most of these guys seem hungry."

Let's all just pretend that's what he said, and meant.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsManiac. Show BruinsManiac's posts

Guys.... OVER-analysis.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Given what I read in today's Globe, this points to Kessel.

At one point they were talking about "philosophical differences"  and that the money wasn't the issue.

This sounds to me like Kessel might have signed for less that the 5.4 mil with the Bruins if someone were to be traded, or maybe that Julien get fired.  Given that PC said that Kessel said to him he was disappointed not to sign with the Bruins and that he wanted out of Boston, the only way to make sense of it was that Kessel said either someone goes or he goes.

The only question is, who was that someone?  But I really don't care because I am convinced a negative influence in the locker room is now gone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

The 1% would be the owner.....he doesnt want the fans getting used to a winner, that might mean he would have to spend money. 
    how old is Recchi anyways, 63?  Typical Bruins...they traded for this guy knowing they wouldnt sign Kessel....another attempt by the team to bring in a cheap, aging vet to say, "what, I spend money, I signed Mark Recchi".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmjoh0. Show cmjoh0's posts

slicksteve, even if they had not signed Recchi they would still not have the cap space to have accomadated what Kessel was asking.  The value that you get from Recchi is very good too.  He scored 10 goals in 18 games for the Bruins last season.  As long as he stays healthy it isnt crazy to think he couldnt score 25-30 goals this season by parking himself in front of the net.  With Sturm back and that kind of production out of Recchi on your 3rd or 4th line I think the B's will be just fine.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

LOL @ slick steve still blamming ownership for a signing that was only bad in a Bizzaro world.

Mark Recchi didn't dramatically improve the third lines play in a playoff run?
    Mark Recchi wasn't an inexpensive free agent costing the bruins only 1 million a year?
    Mark Recchi is a bad veteran player that hasn't won a stanley cup and can't play on the left side on the power-play?
    Mark Recchi wasn't one of the few Bruins wingers to park himself in front of the net and bury garbage goals?
      *note: Standing in front of the net screening the goalie doesn't take an extreme amount of balls when Zdeno Chara is doing the shooting?

what a clown.

Mark Recchi was a great signing for the Bruins and I'm happy to have him here this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Put Recchi's quote together with what Savard said at his signing.

Connect the dots.

Things are spelled out pretty clear.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

It's Lucic's knee he is talking about.

1% makes no sense because on a roster of 20 players 1 guy equals 1/20th of the team which is not 1%.

So we have to surmise that he means a specific body part from one player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Recchi said 99% of Bruins want to win cup - who is the 1%???????:
    It's Lucic's knee he is talking about. 1% makes no sense because on a roster of 20 players 1 guy equals 1/20th of the team which is not 1%. So we have to surmise that he means a specific body part from one player.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Sorry - I should point out the Recchi statement was made just after the playoffs last spring.  And I'm sure Recchi was using 99% figuratively, so he meant everybody but one player.

Add that to the statement that Savard made today about his contract.

Add that to other signings which I believe are below market value.

I add those up and it tells me PK wasn't a popular guy in the locker room.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Recchi said 99% of Bruins want to win cup - who is the 1%???????:
    Jeremy Jacobs. That's your 1%.
    Posted by russgriswold

You stole my line as I was reading down the thread. Ha.  BTW 99% is a figure of speech.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

So now it's obvious that the locker room doesn't miss Kessel, either

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

So now it's obvious that the locker room doesn't miss Kessel, either
    Posted by davecarr

Thank you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrGobbles. Show MrGobbles's posts

The 1% would be the owner.....he doesnt want the fans getting used to a winner, that might mean he would have to spend money.  how old is Recchi anyways, 63?  Typical Bruins...they traded for this guy knowing they wouldnt sign Kessel....another attempt by the team to bring in a cheap, aging vet to say, "what, I spend money, I signed Mark Recchi".
    Posted by slicksteve38

B I N G O

Sections
Shortcuts