Ref hands Kip his stick back??????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Ref hands Kip his stick back??????

I've never seen a ref hand anybody's stick back to them during play, ever, never.

Does someone have a reasonable explanation for that?

Are the Bruins just getting really bad breaks with refs?  This year in particular, the only other ridiculous thing I remember was playing in Montreal way back when, the refs were just outrageous then, it's reasonable nowadays.

OK, the Bruins romped 5-0, but that doesn't matter.

Before I go on an insane rant on this, can anyone offer any kind of explanation on this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Re: Ref hands Kip his stick back??????

The refs seemed pretty sympathetic to the goalies today, between giving Kipper his stick back and the three goaltender interference calls.

At least one of the refs must have been a goalie in his playing days.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Didnt see it but maybe kipper threatened to give the ref a headshot lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In Response to Re: Ref hands Kip his stick back??????:
    Didnt see it but maybe kipper threatened to give the ref a headshot lol
    Posted by wallydouglas

Under the new rule how many games would kipper get???   lol
    Smile

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

I was at the game and I remember watching the ref skate over and pick up the stick, then hand it to him...I thought it was very strange.  I have never seen it happen before.  W.T.F  Luckly nothing became of it; but can you imagine if he had went on to score? 

But then again, this was just one more game that we had to play against the ref also. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

OK, so it wasn't anything like the ref accidently kicked it so only 'fair' to give it back to him.

So what if it didn't amount to anything????

So if they lost - and the ref did that - you know how many posts there would be saying I'm just another whining Bruins fan?

That was outragious.  Just outrageous.

The goaltender interference, at least they went both ways.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolftears. Show wolftears's posts

It happens from time to time you crybaby drama queen. Same as with broken sticks, or gloves, or helmets laying on the ice during play, if the ref or linesman has a chance to pick them up without interfering in play they do it. It is a safety hazard on the ice.

Goalies get different treatment if they lose their stick and the play is away from them, also when a goalie loses his mask they blow the whistle and stop play, they don't do this for skaters just the goalies.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It happens from time to time you crybaby drama queen. Same as with broken sticks, or gloves, or helmets laying on the ice during play, if the ref or linesman has a chance to pick them up without interfering in play they do it. It is a safety hazard on the ice. Goalies get different treatment if they lose their stick and the play is away from them, also when a goalie loses his mask they blow the whistle and stop play, they don't do this for skaters just the goalies.
    Posted by wolftears

Broken sticks get picked up.  Gloves do not get returned to players during play.
    I've been watching hockey a long time and I have never seen the stick get returned to the goalie during play.

since we're name calling, why don't you show me another example of that happening b.s. artist?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Can't say I've ever seen it happen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

I've seen it quite a few times. Happened in the Rangers - Islanders game the other night.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I've been watching since the mid 60's and have NEVER seen it happen in any league.
    Posted by dustyisacat

Thank you.

As I thought, some people just make stuff up.

The league really should look at that before something really stupid happens.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I've seen it quite a few times. Happened in the Rangers - Islanders game the other night.
    Posted by davecarr

During play?  Description please.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I've never seen it happen, but I don't think anything will come from this. It's not something that usually comes up later unless it's at an evaulation of the ref, but I don't think the act was big enough to get an article out of the Globe or the Herald. It's probably not illegal for the ref to do it, but it's rare enough that the ref shouldn't have done it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

So what has to happen for people to take notice???

For the sake of argument, hypothetically let's say a ref lays the body on somebody, like Wideman?? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Kinda reminds me of a few weeks ago, I think against Philli, when the ref blew the play dead because an opposing player took his own goalie out of the play and both were in the net.  The puck was still in play; and the Bs appeared ready to score, and the ref stopped play. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachparker. Show coachparker's posts

BadHabitude are you capable of posting on here with out constantly insulting people? It is becoming a chore to read through all these discussions with your disturbing and laughable rants about everything Toronto (the hottest team in the NHL) and having to read you insult people should anyone call you out for the fool and fraud that you are. Please find a Maple Leafs board to post your biased based drivel in. Thanks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

BadHabitude are you capable of posting on here with out constantly insulting people? It is becoming a chore to read through all these discussions with your disturbing and laughable rants about everything Toronto (the hottest team in the NHL) and having to read you insult people should anyone call you out for the fool and fraud that you are. Please find a Maple Leafs board to post your biased based drivel in. Thanks.
    Posted by coachparker

You cannot be advocating political correctness on this board?  If so, then go be an uppity weenie somewhere else.  If you don't like someone's post,  and they "become a chore to read through", then exercise your right to censer yourself and use the "Ignore" button at the bottom of BH's post.  Simple....Then you won't have to be such a thin skinned whinny jerk. 

As for me, I may not agree with BH all the time; but I concur that if someone  decides to open their mouth on this board and be a stupid or act like a jerk; then its ok to call them out.  Get a life and stick to the topic.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

coach, if his posts are that consistantly troublesome to read, click the link on the bottom of his post that says "ignore BadHabitude", you won't see his posts anymore