Relax. Kessel's an RFA, remember?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Relax. Kessel's an RFA, remember?

There's no reason to sign Kessel now. He is an RFA. That means Boston can wait as long as they like to ink him, unless there's an outside offer.

If there is an offer on Kessel, then they can decide to get rid of someone else to match the offer.

But no one's going to make him an offer for months to come, if at all. He's in recovery now, so if he gets an offer it will only be in November or so. At that time it will be clear whether he is fully recovered and back to his old self. By then there will be plenty of time for the Bruins to get rid of someone else and match the offer.

So relax. No one's gonna sign Kessel now because the Bruins don't have to, and with the cap situation being what it is, doing so would be idiotic.

I hope he gets signed eventually, but that's so far into the future that speculation right now is just plain goofy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: Relax. Kessel's an RTA, remember?

You mean an RFA?

I think you are the RTArd

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

And they only have another month or so to sign Kessel, I believe he has to be signed by some team by the beginning of the season or he's forced to sit out all year, based on a rule in the CBA. I'm not sure when the exact date is though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Psst BU! I think you mean RFA..you can still edit the original post i believe. Woops

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Relax. Kessel's an RTA, remember?:
    [QUOTE]Psst BU! I think you mean RFA..you can still edit the original post i believe. Woops
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

LOL.. Unite wake up !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

yeah yeah yeah I'm sick, on tylenol night time meds and cranky.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]Psst BU! I think you mean RFA..you can still edit the original post i believe. Woops
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Maybe she means Really Terrible Accountant, because he won't take good money when it's offered to him.  If he has to sit out due to no contract by the cutoff date, he will make ZERO this year as opposed to a few million.  I'll guess that most of the posters in these forums don't make 2-3 million a year.  Just a guess.  So, assuming that Kessel HAS been offered 2-3 million, what the heck is his problem?

Or, maybe Chiarelli and Kessel have a secret plan to play it this way...? 
    Any conspiracy theories at hand?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Re: Relax. Kessel's an RFA, remember?

The accountant joke was good and I'd be laughing if I could feel my head.

Well anyway, my conspiracy is that they Bruins haven't done anything dumb yet in their trades (I think we needed a defenseman, and though he might be expensive, a little research shows he's pretty good).

So to assume they're going to let Kessel go is ridiculous. No one is running to sign him now.

Oh yeah, that's not a conspiracy. My conspiracy theory is that the Bruins and Kessel already have an unofficial agreement.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Re: Relax. Kessel's an RFA, remember?:
    [QUOTE] My conspiracy theory is that the Bruins and Kessel already have an unofficial agreement.
    Posted by BruinsUnite[/QUOTE]

Aha, Uhhummm....But what is the agreement?  Give us some intrigue here..  What machinations and to what end?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Relax. Kessel's an RTA, remember? : Maybe she means Really Terrible Accountant, because he won't take good money when it's offered to him. what the heck is his problem? Or, maybe Chiarelli and Kessel have a secret plan to play it this way...?  Any conspiracy theories at hand?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

Kessels agent is the problem. there always the problem. PC holds the cards though he's not blinking either. If Kessels shoulder wasn't just operated on he would have been offered a contract by another team. oh the suspense.

No circus this year ClamMan you coming up for that early Hurricanes game ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OldRaspy. Show OldRaspy's posts

[QUOTE]And they only have another month or so to sign Kessel, I believe he has to be signed by some team by the beginning of the season or he's forced to sit out all year, based on a rule in the CBA. I'm not sure when the exact date is though.
    Posted by joeschmo25[/QUOTE]

December 1 is the cut off date or he sits out with no dough.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

HOCKEY TOWN

Thanks, Raspy. I thought it was November or December. I heard Milbury talking about it a while back but couldn't remember the details.

As far as the conspiracy theory agreement goes, Bruins have promised Kessel a good deal of money, and have told him to wait. From here to December, they have lots and lots of time to get rid of Ryder, who will be hot on the market.

Don't get your knickers in a knot now. Ryder must go.

With Sturm, Ryder & Recchi on the ice in the meantime, the Bruins will be just fine for goal scorers.

But come playoff time, we'll be all set with a perfectly well-rounded team that will hopefully make all of Recchi's dreams come true. (There's a reason he wants to stay with Boston and it's got Lord Stanley written all over it.)

I'll be running around the crowded, parading streets of Boston with SanDawg, Ols & Legion, poking fun at Bostonians... "whaa?? You said this wasn't a hockey town? Look around, sukka!"

(Just met some Bostonians here in Montreal last week who saw my Bruins purse and told me, "Boston isn't a hockey town." Well, we will see about that won't we?)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Dawg,

My favorite is the definition of high sticking.

"You know you stupid when you do dat, just some English pig wit no brain."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Unite,does Kessel still get his money with regard the wink deal, if Ryder puts up 14 goals in 2 months?????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Yes, 101, he does.

You can put up as many goals as you like in the reg season. You're still not Kessel.

And if you're Ryder, you're still the healthy guy who fell asleep for the second round of the playoffs, when your team needed you to sink that one much needed goal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

I'm at that parade if it ever happens!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

He can either sign by November 1st, sit out the season or sign in Russia. Don't think he'll sign over there though. He has enough troubles with English, never mind Russian.Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]yeah yeah yeah I'm sick, on tylenol night time meds and cranky.
    Posted by BruinsUnite[/QUOTE]

Ear ache my eye! yah headache from running around St. Catherines St. all night. Showing off your Bruins purse looking for Habs fans to argue with. No summertime blues for BU! Good thing you can keep plenty of Tylenol packets stuffed in your purse eh!?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Haha -- actually I asked for it, you're right, but not by running around St. Cats. By playing baseball while sick. Which got me loads sicker. But we won by one run, even with an auto-out each inning (penalty for not having enough girls on the team, which is co-ed) and I made a pretty sick catch in the 9th. So it felt grrrreat!!

Watch me get attacked now for not being a true Bs fan because I have a life outside hockey.

Sections
Shortcuts