Report: Mike Richards Threatens to Knock Marc Savard Out 'For Another Six Weeks'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Re: Report: Mike Richards Threatens to Knock Marc Savard Out 'For Another Six Weeks'

D bags...it's called Flyers...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Re: Report: Mike Richards Threatens to Knock Marc Savard Out 'For Another Six Weeks'

Nothing like giving Bulletin board material to the team that's already up 2-0 !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

nesn.com   savard denies ever get threatened wrong info from hags..not suprising

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Just someone trying to stir it up some more. This series doesn't need it; it's already a war, and it's only going to get worse as the Flyers fall further behind.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

One of those guys I always wished had been a Bruin - Scott Stevens - would get that evil glint in his eye after destroying guys, like Lindros, and when the other bench would chirp his only response was "you're next."  I've got no problem with threats, even threats to injure - because if anything that looks like an intent to injure follows, you know that guy's in a nice Armani suit for the next month or more.

Really hoping to see Lucic bleed Carcillo at some point, but it would be even better if he took exception to a comment like that from Richards. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Total BS.. first off Mike Richards is not that type of player..and would you think he would be that stupid to actually make it in print so he can go out next game and carry out the deed??? That's premediated and long suspension.. never happened...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Actually Mike Richards is that kind of player, he's dirty and careless. If you think the Booth hit was the first dirty hit he's made in his time in Philadelphia I suggest you take a look at these:

^blatant charging

^not suspension worthy but questionable

^another charge and an irresponsible defensive play by not going for the puck

There are a few more on youtube, if you'd like to see further proof just search Mike Richards dirty hits and a few will come up. I think those would suffice as evidence that Richards is a little piece of excrement who deserves whatever comes to him. He's not a respectable NHLer and he's not even a respectable Flyer (who I hold to the lowest standards in the league).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Mike Richards Threatens to Knock Marc Savard Out 'For Another Six Weeks':
    Actually Mike Richards is that kind of player, he's dirty and careless.
    Posted by joeschmo25

Sorry, but all of those hits looked clean to me. They all had the puck and were all facing him. Not that I condone dirty play because I do not but if you want to go after anyone on the Flyers stick with Carcillo and Hartnell.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Mike Richards Threatens to Knock Marc Savard Out 'For Another Six Weeks':
    In Response to Re: Report: Mike Richards Threatens to Knock Marc Savard Out 'For Another Six Weeks' : Sorry, but all of those hits looked clean to me. They all had the puck and were all facing him. Not that I condone dirty play because I do not but if you want to go after anyone on the Flyers stick with Carcillo and Hartnell.
    Posted by bridgemanusa

Carcillo has something coming his way, but not until the Bruins have 3 wins in the bank and are almost guaranteed to get number 4 OR, if that doesn't happen, next year.

Remember when Begin broke Savard's back in the Bruins-Habs series 2 years ago? No response, but pre-season after that, Thornton fed Begin on the first shift he played. Are you telling me that was a coincidence? Nope, that was smart, well calculated payback. (Then the year after we signed Begin haha)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

Actually Mike Richards is that kind of player, he's dirty and careless. If you think the Booth hit was the first dirty hit he's made in his time in Philadelphia I suggest you take a look at these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aK_N39aTYI&feature=PlayList&p=EB792FEB60610F0E&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=1 ^blatant charging http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkoy4RShIWA&feature=related ^not suspension worthy but questionable http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktn5Vdvu9vg&feature=related ^another charge and an irresponsible defensive play by not going for the puck There are a few more on youtube, if you'd like to see further proof just search Mike Richards dirty hits and a few will come up. I think those would suffice as evidence that Richards is a little piece of excrement who deserves whatever comes to him. He's not a respectable NHLer and he's not even a respectable Flyer (who I hold to the lowest standards in the league).
    Posted by joeschmo25

The Poti hit- clean hit, richards absolutely obliterates him, maybe poti should keep his head up

The belanger hit- again, players need to keep their head up, that hit doesnt happen if his head is up

The schubert hit- a little reckless but no malicious intent. He was trying to stop a goal

as for these "im gonna knock you out for another 6 weeks" accusations, savard even said they werent true, and i dont think a player can be that stupid to tell the whole league he is gonna take out a player beforehand, which would be premeditated

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Considering Carcillo never even fliches the "bite" thing is ridiculous. 

Carcillo is what you call "Philly tough", which means a bunch of mindless, meaningless threats.

I'm fairly sure Thornton will be active in Philly, just in case.  The Flyers being down 2-0 will make any 'retribution' hard to exact, not that they have any reason.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

The Phliars have to play with controlled emotion or they'll lose Game 3.  Frankly, I'd like to see the B's finish their checks more vs. Pronger 'cuz Philly's nothing without him.  Wear him out, bait him some, while also not taking too many penalties.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Actually Mike Richards is that kind of player, he's dirty and careless. If you think the Booth hit was the first dirty hit he's made in his time in Philadelphia I suggest you take a look at these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aK_N39aTYI&feature=PlayList&p=EB792FEB60610F0E&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=1 ^blatant charging http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkoy4RShIWA&feature=related ^not suspension worthy but questionable http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktn5Vdvu9vg&feature=related ^another charge and an irresponsible defensive play by not going for the puck There are a few more on youtube, if you'd like to see further proof just search Mike Richards dirty hits and a few will come up. I think those would suffice as evidence that Richards is a little piece of excrement who deserves whatever comes to him. He's not a respectable NHLer and he's not even a respectable Flyer (who I hold to the lowest standards in the league).
    Posted by joeschmo25

I don't think you will find many that will agree with you on that one.. I wish he was a Bruin..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I don't dislike a single Flyer so much as I dislike the organization as a whole for consistently signing players who play "on(over) the edge." The Flyers have no class.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

You people obviously don't understand what charging means. Charging, as defined by the NHL rulebook, says "43.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player or goalkeeper who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner.

Charging shall mean the actions of a player or goalkeeper who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A “charge” may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice."

That Poti hit is such a blatant charge it's not even funny, Richards starts from the top of the circle and doesn't even bother going for the puck. A straightline skate into the boards isn't a clean hit, it doesn't matter if Poti didn't have his head up, it's no excuse.

I'll give in a little on the Belanger hit but still no intent to go for the puck.

The Schubert hit was blatant, no excuse for that one. Mikehawk don't even argue he was trying to stop the goal, Schubert lost sight of the puck at that point. The announcer even states that Richards wasn't going for the puck. 

You can like Richards for his skill, but don't mistake for a second that he's not a dirty player. He may not be on the Carcillo or Hartnell level but I liken him to Ovechkin with his dirty play and lack of regard for the welfare of other skaters. Skating into someone full speed and throwing them into a goalpost is a dirty play. That Booth hit wasn't the first dirty hit and it certainly won't be the last.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

I gotta laugh at some of these. If most Flyers players played in Boston we would LOVE them. Any team gritty as they are looks dirty to other fans, just think how Philly fans feel about Savard trying to bite Carcillo. I am sure they think we are pretty dirty as well, but that makes a great rivalry. As all fans do, we give our team a much wider morality than other teams.
    Now if  Habs players played in Boston, I would move to Philadelphia, cause I have zero respect for that style of "play". If I want to watch professional diving Id stay up till 3 AM and turn on ESPN4.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

hahahah well put mikzor. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

The flyers wrecked hockey in the 70's and continue to try to play the same way. This organization should be tossed from the league. Hopefully they will end up like the situation of the current Oakland Raiders. Just a mess and a poor franchise!