Resign Satan?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadBear. Show BigBadBear's posts

Resign Satan?

I say yes, small contract and decent stats for the minimal games he has played without playing the beginning of the season. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GutlessChara. Show GutlessChara's posts

Re: Resign Satan?

In Response to Resign Satan?:
    I say yes, small contract and decent stats for the minimal games he has played without playing the beginning of the season. 
    Posted by BigBadBear

Yea let's also extend TT's contract and why not sign Ryder for another 4 years

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: Resign Satan?:
    In Response to Resign Satan? : Yea let's also extend TT's contract and why not sign Ryder for another 4 years
    Posted by GutlessChara

calm down...we know you are just upset that the bruins won

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

There will be no room for Satan next year unless he wants to play in the AHL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

lets run this team out for the playoffs & see what happens.....next year let the youth movement begin....savard,krecji,colbourn & sobotka  lucic,suave,sturm & paille  wheeler,caron,marchand & hall   if julien dont like it  see ya!  why on earth was ference signed & siedenberg,boychuk left out on the bubble?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

No. Like his puck handling ability, but his goal scoring has really dried up. I don't think he has it anymore. And the Bruins needs size & physicality he has neither.

Posted by BigBadBear

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

He's lacking elsewhere...leadership, grit etc...  Nice to see the two goals, I just find he goes the majority of the game and i find myself thinking, where's he been all night?  I think there are/will be other bargains out there!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

No Bergeron? He's 24! No Stuart? Same age!

lets run this team out for the playoffs & see what happens.....next year let the youth movement begin....savard,krecji,colbourn & sobotka  lucic,suave,sturm & paille  wheeler,caron,marchand & hall   if julien dont like it  see ya!  why on earth was ference signed & siedenberg,boychuk left out on the bubble?
    Posted by pucman

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Posted by BigBadBear

so the guy scores two goals and he goes from Satan to Saint in your book? Brilliant!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

DON"T RESIGN HIM!  He is slow and will be even slower next year.  Would rather see a rookie or young kid on the roster.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

Hes invisible most nights if we are going to bring back an old man I want reechi back he still brings it every night even at his age.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I have never seen any go out of their way as much as Satan to avoid hitting and/or being hit.  I think even Kessel could probably take him in a fight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

No Bergeron? He's 24! No Stuart? Same age! In Response to Re: Resign Satan? :
    Posted by bandgbleeder

YIKES!!!!!! i forgot bergeron.....no way hes there,lol   ill let you drop 1 off my roster for me   paille?  wheeler?   i didnt even do the d man cause im so upset with the ference signing! i can see boychuk not making it to next years team cause of it.....whats that kid have to do?  look at the leafs,the youth & sp*nk they have,thats the way the B,s should be next year....can you imagine julien with youth & speed? he wouldnt know what to do....he lowered ryder to 4th line & then double shifted him with 2 mins to go last night....julien would lose the rest of his hair if he had to coach a young team with youth,speed & some natural scoring instinces    

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Posted by BigBadBear

Probably a zillion questions need to be answered before we bring a guy like Satan back.  The fact he's here now, is a reflection of the severity of our goal production problem.  Hopefully that can be addressed next year, with someone younger.
    Gotta give PC his marks on this one.  Getting Satan for around $360,000 is nothing, and his contribution since coming here at least equals that of some earning more than 6 or 7  times his salary.
    If anyone thinks Satan hasn't earned his money, I'd sure like to hear the comments regarding the rest of the team.
    Satan has been a very economical band aid, and certainly has the upside to play on this team now. 
    I'll be really disappointed if he's good enough to land a spot next year though. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think it's not so much not resigning Satan as they will have a look around and find other FA's who they feel can make a nice come back.  Like Afinogenov, like Metropolit a few years ago.  It's gambling, but it can pay off.  There are stupid stupid stupid gambles, the worst one ever was having Jason Allison show up for the Leafs camp.  I didn't see Theo Fleury come back, but I would assume he was horrible, too.  Looking over that FA list last year it seemed to me there were all kinds of guys worth having a look at.  Too many miles on the Satan odometer and his style of play count him out.  A guy like Recchi who doesn't depend on any speed at all would be a better high mileage choice.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I'd rather have Recchi back....it's one of the two tops...maybe neither.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

8G 13 P in 34 games including the 2 last night, basically a point every 3 games.

Let him go, now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Why are we even having this conversation ?  For once I agree with TenderBrocoli.
    He got signed as a bandaid for our woes upfront. He's chipped in a little but that's about it.
    Oh I get it, he scored two important goals last nite. Thank you for this season but next the Bruins have a players to play his role in Providence if needed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

He's got skill but he just doesn't compete hard enough.I think he could play well on a better team as long as he is with other skilled players,but on a team like the Bruins he just isn't a good fit. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

I don't see how he has a long-term future in Boston. He was a decent pickup to fill a hole in the roster this year, and he's done a fairly good job in his role. But I don't see why the Bruins would want him back next season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I have a feeling that he could score some very important goals in the last stretch including the playoffs. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mironov. Show Mironov's posts

I'd rather have Mikko Lehtonen than Miroslav Satan.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

Never make a deal with Satan!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

Resign Satan? For what, to do the team's laundry? 

Sections
Shortcuts