Revised prediction for Tyler Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Revised prediction for Tyler Seguin

originally  I said 48-50pts ...now I say 58 points minimum for Tyler

and of course :

Stanley cup to the BRUINS* in 2011-2012-2013

* capital letters for the best team in all sports for the next 3 years

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Re: Revised prediction for Tyler Seguin

Still going to stick with 45 points -- 20 goals, 25 assists.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I feel like someone just jumped off the bench to punch Cooke in the mouth - thanks STANLEY (capital letters for the most rabid Bruins fan in the last 3 years).

Seguin.

* Smart
    off the ice and on, in just a few preseason NHL games he's adjusted a lot.

* Professional.
    Nothing stupid (yet).

* "Quick stick"
    Subtle skill, but I honestly can't think of another player who impressed me like that, blocks/tips opposition passes on ice or in flight like I've never seen anyone.  What I don't understand is why he isn't outrageously good at face offs and why he doesn't get a billion goals tipping pucks in front.

* quick release. 
    Really really fast release, I swear everyone in the building stops for a second because they are in shock.  It's like watching the video and they left out the frames where he cocked his stick to shoot.  One *slight* problem is that he's not that accurate.  Really hard to score hitting goalies in the crest.  Even Chara's slap shot has never gone thru the goalie's crest and chest protector into the net.  In tight the accuracy goes up 98% (stat made up on the spot).  This just needs time.

* Fast.  Not the fastest in the league, but fast.

* Real good play making ability.

I'd really like to see him on wing.  As a center I'm afraid he'd get into too much of a playmaking role.  He's smart about finding open ice and the wing would give him more chance to do that.  And all round easier for him to break into the league.

On the other hand... since Seguin is a right shot, this means much better chances for the left wings.  Since the best wing on the team is a righty shot (Horton).  This is good for our best left wing, yah, that's a problem w. Sturm out, but the point is the left wing is going to benefit by the right hand shot.

My opinion, forget about the comparisons to Yzerman and everyone else.  From what I see, Seguin has a mold of his own.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Another factor.

I'm having tons of fun evaluating Seguin.  He's a ball to watch.

I really enjoy multi dimensional players.

SO much more fun than  - for example - watching some guy with speed take a snap shot every time he gets the puck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Revised prediction for Tyler Seguin:
    [QUOTE]I feel like someone just jumped off the bench to punch Cooke in the mouth - thanks STANLEY (capital letters for the most rabid Bruins fan in the last 3 years). Seguin. * Smart off the ice and on, in just a few preseason NHL games he's adjusted a lot. * Professional. Nothing stupid (yet). * "Quick stick" Subtle skill, but I honestly can't think of another player who impressed me like that, blocks/tips opposition passes on ice or in flight like I've never seen anyone.  What I don't understand is why he isn't outrageously good at face offs and why he doesn't get a billion goals tipping pucks in front. * quick release.  Really really fast release, I swear everyone in the building stops for a second because they are in shock.  It's like watching the video and they left out the frames where he cocked his stick to shoot.  One *slight* problem is that he's not that accurate.  Really hard to score hitting goalies in the crest.  Even Chara's slap shot has never gone thru the goalie's crest and chest protector into the net.  In tight the accuracy goes up 98% (stat made up on the spot).  This just needs time. * Fast.  Not the fastest in the league, but fast. * Real good play making ability. I'd really like to see him on wing.  As a center I'm afraid he'd get into too much of a playmaking role.  He's smart about finding open ice and the wing would give him more chance to do that.  And all round easier for him to break into the league. On the other hand... since Seguin is a right shot, this means much better chances for the left wings.  Since the best wing on the team is a righty shot (Horton).  This is good for our best left wing, yah, that's a problem w. Sturm out, but the point is the left wing is going to benefit by the right hand shot. My opinion, forget about the comparisons to Yzerman and everyone else.  From what I see, Seguin has a mold of his own.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    I think the reason you don't see alot of tip-ins is the areas of the ice that Seguin more commonly frequents.He seems to be more of a half-wall or high slot player(constant movement) than a front of the net planter(ala Lucic and Recchi).His skill set just works better in these circumstances.I certainly agree with you though.If a shot zips by on the way and the net and he's near it,chances are,he will get a stick on it.I've been very impressed with him so far.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

20-35-55

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]SO much more fun than  - for example - watching some guy with speed take a snap shot every time he gets the puck.

LOL! Who could you possibly be talking about? Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Revised prediction for Tyler Seguin:[QUOTE] 20-35-55
    Posted by fordprefect[/QUOTE]

Ahh now that's more like it 55 points now if Bim09 logs on he'll see he made losing bet with me LoL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

22-27-49

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revised prediction for Tyler Seguin : I think the reason you don't see alot of tip-ins is the areas of the ice that Seguin more commonly frequents.He seems to be more of a half-wall or high slot player(constant movement) than a front of the net planter(ala Lucic and Recchi).His skill set just works better in these circumstances.I certainly agree with you though.If a shot zips by on the way and the net and he's near it,chances are,he will get a stick on it.I've been very impressed with him so far.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Yah, you are right about the 'net planter' thing.

I'm glad someone else is noticing that "quick stick", I don't recall anyone like that.  Maybe - maybe Derek Sanderson, but that was too long ago for me to remember well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

He hasn't even played against a full NHL team yet.  I stand by my prediction.  15 goals, 30 assist.  The season is long for a rookie and he still has a lot to learn, especially at center.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'll go with
    17-25 goals
    20-25 assists.

He's a quick study.  I wager he'll be a different player in 20 games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revised prediction for Tyler Seguin : LOL! Who could you possibly be talking about?
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]

keep that on the qt.  "They" haven't sniffed me out on this thread yet.  Interestingly, "they" don't get it, says something about their iq if you ask me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TylerSeguin. Show TylerSeguin's posts

I have to say  23G 35A 58Pts but dont be surprise to see me the 60-65points range .....Regards from Praha

Tyler

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]He hasn't even played against a full NHL team yet.  I stand by my prediction.  15 goals, 30 assist.  The season is long for a rookie and he still has a lot to learn, especially at center.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

I had 20 and 20, but, your numbers are more exact.  He can play the sport, he has the acumen to be better each and every year until the genetics and hockey attrition make him average, like 15 years from now.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]My prediction: He'll start off slowly, score few points in his first couple of months, and some Bruins fans will panic, call him a bust, claim he'll never be as good as Kessel, and cry that Chiarelli was robbed. Around January, he'll pick it up and get into a groove. Fans will cheer, and everyone will claim they knew he was going to be great all along. 15 to 20 goals, 25 to 30 assists.  
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

No way everyone will claim that he would be great all along, there will be claims that some other player that has speed and a snap shot *would* have been better if the Bruins signed that player instead.

You *way* underestimate the bitterness out there.

And speaking of bitterness...  There are trolls, but then there are people who are just plain abusive and should be banned.

Think of the children!!  And the example being set for them!!  The children!!  The children!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

To be honest I'd prefer a 15 & 15 being +12 than a 30 & 30 and a -12! As long as his production out weighs his mistakes I'll be happy with that for his rookie season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from murp27. Show murp27's posts

21-30-51

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

In Response to Revised prediction for Tyler Seguin:
    [QUOTE]originally  I said 48-50pts ...now I say 58 points minimum for Tyler and of course : Stanley cup to the BRUINS* in 2011-2012-2013 * capital letters for the best team in all sports for the next 3 years
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Wrong, do it again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revised prediction for Tyler Seguin : No way everyone will claim that he would be great all along, there will be claims that some other player that has speed and a snap shot *would* have been better if the Bruins signed that player instead. You *way* underestimate the bitterness out there. And speaking of bitterness...  There are trolls, but then there are people who are just plain abusive and should be banned. Think of the children!!  And the example being set for them!!  The children!!  The children!!

True, there will be a few who will never let it go. But I like to think they're a distinct (though admittedly obnoxious) minority.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revised prediction for Tyler Seguin : True, there will be a few who will never let it go. But I like to think they're a distinct (though admittedly obnoxious) minority.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Or they are using different logon names.
    I can see now that there is a contingent bound and determined to put down the value we got for the snap shot kid.
    Even though at this time it is already evident that we got good value in return and this is going to rank at the top of all time one sided trades in the history of the NHL, if not the most lopsided trade, they refused to admit that.
    Only the dust has to settle, but I would bet really good money we get a lottery pick this year.  And if a miracle happens and we don't, a #2 overall and next years first is still lopsided.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

My prediction is that soon we won't have to talk about predictions any longer.

IMO, the kid is here to stay regardless of his rookie stat lines.
    I'm very excited to watch this kid grow up before our collective eyes.
    You can tell just by watching him to this point (real small sample size, esp because NESN dropped the ball in the pre-season...as where NHLN had the Laffs on 9 times) that he understands the game and what is required to better himself, is fairly sound positionally (for a kid), and he is still adjusting to a much faster game and a system predicated on defense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revised prediction for Tyler Seguin : No way everyone will claim that he would be great all along, there will be claims that some other player that has speed and a snap shot *would* have been better if the Bruins signed that player instead. You *way* underestimate the bitterness out there. And speaking of bitterness...  There are trolls, but then there are people who are just plain abusive and should be banned. Think of the children!!  And the example being set for them!!  The children!!  The children!!

<----- Like them BadHab? I don't know why people still cry about a one dimensional db that didn't want to be here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]9-20-29 Seguin will be GOOD, but not this year.... I expect a Jumbo Joe like first year in the stat category..  Next year, I would double the above....thereafter, perhaps a 90-100 pt. season within 5 years is possible.
    Posted by SoxinBoston[/QUOTE]

I'd like to paraphrase BookBoy on the subject of Joe's first year, it wasn't that they were weening Joe into the NHL, Joe wasn't earning his ice time.

DO NOT compare Joe to Tyler, Tyler will have 15-25 goals this year - and that is not an unreasonable expectation.  It was also a reasonable expectation for Jumbo Joe, but he fell short.  Surfing on the west coast is exactly where Joe fits.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

My original prediction from August 12 still stands:

31 goals to lead the Bruins, 41 assists, 72 points.

I may adjust upward after his first five games.

Another fearless prediction: Seguin will be the top NHL Centre by 2014.
    Am I crazy, you ask? You're damn right - like a fox!