Rule changes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

Re: Rule changes

i agree with all from NAS except the goalie equipment , i think its ok after the last change. and your right about the st pete times forum, good team but the music reflects some pretty typical tampa bay bushleague thinking you see with other sports there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Re: Rule changes:
    In Response to Re: Rule changes : Wow NAS you have put a lot of thought in on this topic. Nice ! The only ones I don't agree with is the shootout and fair game for the goalies. I've always hated ties and watched them since the early 60's until they changed it . Way more entertaining finish to a game for me. And I felt at one time the goalies should be fair game if they left the crease but have changed my mind on that one ( started playing goalie the odd time as a fill inabout 15 years ago). I just think by running the goalie it would cause more problems ( fights and injuries to the goalies). I would rather see these goalies on the ice then sitting in the press box injured . All your other ideas are great IMO.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I agree that ties can be tough, but I cannot see a hard fought game by two teams being decided by a shoot out. Save it for an exhibition or all star game.IMO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Rule changes:
    In Response to Re: Rule changes : I agree that ties can be tough, but I cannot see a hard fought game by two teams being decided by a shoot out. Save it for an exhibition or all star game.IMO
    Posted by watchtower

A tie gives no decision at all, boring result when there is a hard fought game. It's like watching a good movie and having no ending. Hockey is entertainment and I just don't find having no result entertaining. Watching hockey all these years I don't remember people ever talking the next day about how excited they were about the game ending in a tie. Shootouts get people out of their seats. Ties did too, to find the nearest exit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MRELD. Show MRELD's posts

I too like the 3pt game. 3 for a regulation win, 2 for an O/T or shootout win & 1 for the losing team. I'd keep the shootout.....it's different but it is an exciting conclusion to a tied game. I like the play the puck off the net idea but would that change and people start playing it differently, like trying intentionally playing it off the net? I am visualizing the arena football kickoff.

I like a good hockey fight as much as the next fan but yes, the staged fights have to go....so bogus......does nothing. Let the players play.....and drop the gloves like it used to be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

1) Eliminate instigator- let players police the game
    2) Eliminate trapezoid- awful decision to implement this
    3) Eliminate automatic minor for shooting the puck over the glass in your d-zone- turn it over the ref's discretion to call delay of game
    4) Smaller goalie equipment-  Ryan Miller & Tuuka look like they weigh 285 lbs in their gear, when they are really thin.  Pants, Chest and arm pads are out of control, not just leg pads.  Maybe eliminate composite sticks in the name of goalie safety as a trade-off.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Dont know how I overlooked the delay of game penalty.  When that rule was first brought in, it was left up to the ref to make the call.  Sometimes it was a penalty, sometimes it wasnt.  They NEED to go back to this.  Its a joke that a player can whack at a bouncing puck in a pile of people in front of the net and get called for a penalty.  Thats a joke, and the penalty is a bigger delay of game than the puck being shot over.  Either get it right, get rid of it all together or make it like this:

Player shoots puck over the glass, faceoff in their end and no line change.  That would be the smart thing to do.  BUT, GB is such an idiot he thinks people want to see 9-8 scores, so he has to put in new penalties which give more chance of scoring.  I dont think we'll see penalties taken away as long as GB and his chronies are in there.

Sections
Shortcuts