Rumour young sniper available

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

Rumour young sniper available

There's a rumour out there that the Bruins could land a sniper who last season, at age 21 scored 36 goals in only 70 regular season and another 6 goals in only 11 playoff games. Apparently he can skate like the wind and who knows what he could really be capable of when he becomes a really experienced veteran like around age 24. Man I hope they give this guy a serious look because you don't come by this much demonstrated ability and potential at such a young age very often. I think his name is Phil or something.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Re: Rumour young sniper available

In Response to Rumour young sniper available:
    There's a rumour out there that the Bruins could land a sniper who last season, at age 21 scored 36 goals in only 70 regular season and another 6 goals in only 11 playoff games. Apparently he can skate like the wind and who knows what he could really be capable of when he becomes a really experienced veteran like around age 24. Man I hope they give this guy a serious look because you don't come by this much demonstrated ability and potential at such a young age very often. I think his name is Phil or something.
    Posted by FP4877

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

PERFECT.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

He is rumered  to be american born and faster than Ryder,sorry Mr Julien.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Hahahahaha.  I love this post, makes more sense than any other post I'v seen here on the whole Kessel trade/sign debate.  I aggree, sign him and lets ready for the upcoming season....should be a good one!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RyanBhoy. Show RyanBhoy's posts

Posted by FP4877

I think one of the reasons the Bruins might not resign fill or are having trouble resigning him is due to the fact that the Bruins stand for something totally opposite of what Phil actually is. Phil is a speedster, a goalscorer, but not a in-your-face type of player. The Bruins have been the blue collar type of team that works hard for its goals. Players like Lucic and Krejci are the names that come to mind. I hope they resign him, but I won't be heartbroken if the deal never works.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Very good FP....I hope they can acquire him,sounds like just what the B,s need! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

If only it were so easy. Money money money money money. What world are you living in?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I think I've heard of this guy. Wasn't he benched during his clubs playoff run two seasons ago for a call up from the AHL for attitude problems? I think this was also the same guy who when visiting his brothers nearby college campus was heard to bad mouth the city and team he was playing for. I think this guy was also moved from center to a less responsible position because he wasn't putting in any effort when he didn't have the puck. Hmm, i think this guy also has issues scoring against playoff quality teams. And come to think of it, this guy has missed a double digit number of games in two of those three seasons, has poor powerplay production, makes no contribution to defense or the penalty kill averages 22 goals a season and is reportedly demanding as much as five million a season.

Posted by FP4877

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

20 years old.
                             20 years old.
                             20 years old.
                             20 years old.

WOW

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

not 20 years old
    not 20 years old
    not 20 years old
    not 20 years old
    nearly 22
    nearly 22
    nearly 22
    nearly 22

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

And that shows exactly how much attention some people pay.

In Response to Re: Rumour young sniper available:
                             20 years old.                          20 years old.                          20 years old.                          20 years old.                             WOW
    Posted by hockey-101

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

kessel will stay

Phil Kessel is the only remaining restricted free agent yet to sign. The Bruins would have to clear salary to re-sign Kessel. "Certainly Phil is a type of player that if it comes to a point where I have to make a move to get him in the mix, I will certainly do that," Chiarelli said"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

What sniper? He shot how many people!?!?!?!? 36? ...Wow, was Osama Bin Laden one of them?...Umm oops wrong post, though i was on CNN.com for a second.

Well, oh yeah that guy!!!! Phil, i knew it rung a bell. Dr. Phil correct? The guy with all the psychotic problems of his own? Oh darn wrong guy again.

AHHHH!!!! Now i know who!!!! PHIL "THE THRILL" KESSEL!!!!...Yeap that's one!
    He's still not signed yet? Oh my... Let's see here, he's 21, he has world class speed along with a world class shot, he's a game breaker...hmm if my mathematical computations add up correctly that = FUTURE SUPERSTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I know the Bruins organization are trying to regain that old "Big Bad Bruins" image and "tougher to play against" mentallity but you cannot all of a suddent become a one-dimensional team per-say. It's like having the Celtics get all "Big-Men" to play down low at the rim and gather rebounds, all well and good but where are you going to get your scoring from??? They have to realize that not everyone can be a Neely type power forward. Let the kid use his incredible talents that make him unique. Sure, Kessel is not much of a physical guy if at all but at least he is helping the team in big ways. Not only timely goals but also shootout goals. He is a threat to score on a any given shift. All he needs to do is just grow and mature as a player and person and everything else will follow suit. Is he going to start puting people through the glass? no, but he can show a little bit more of a competitive edge to him to make him a better and more complete player. Bottom line is... every NHL player is unique and it is by those standards that attract their services to other teams to fit a specific need.

I wish they find a way to keep him, if not... another young star that got away.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Somebody brought up the year he was benched in the playoffs,so I went back to when he was 20,sorry about that he was actually 21 playing this past year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

Tell Kessel that he doesn't deserve Hossa money and deserves Krejci money

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

lets be realistic, he doesn't deserve the same money that david krejci gets either, but Krejci took a discount so I guess 3.5 wouldn't be ridiculous. Supply and demand comes into affect here, where is the demand? it wouldn't surprise me to see him sign for the 2.82

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

lets be realistic, he doesn't deserve the same money that david krejci gets either, but Krejci took a discount so I guess 3.5 wouldn't be ridiculous. Supply and demand comes into affect here, where is the demand? it wouldn't surprise me to see him sign for the 2.82
    Posted by dkrejci46

Me either.  He may have no choice but to sign for 1 year, $2.8M, then leverage arbitration rights and another good season next year if he can.  Big "if" if the cap drops.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Seriously, He's obviously not going to get what he wants in salary money. He either takes what is remaining or he sits and PC tries to trade him. Obviously no other team thinks he's worth the money he wants either. His stupid agent an other players (with the same or similar season points) and their salaries have this kids brain warped. He's just getting greedy and being fed info they should not be feeding him. Lets see you have another great season Kess and then maybe the B's will pony up the money....If he were to take 2.8 its still an increase from what he made last year. He may be a little upset its not Krejci money, but thats what you get for being the last one signed......the left overs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

"Don’t get me wrong, he’s a brilliant offensive guy, but he still has to show more before he proves he’s an elite player worthy of elite money." - Anonymous NHL GM on Phil Kessel (7/19/2009)

SOURCE

This is why PC isn't worried. It is most likely that other GMs share the same sentiment as this guy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GillesGilbert. Show GillesGilbert's posts

I believe that the Bruins fully recognize and appreciate his positive aspects and would like him to be part of their team for the upcoming season.  They are not trying to beome a one-dimensional team of Milan Lucics (though there is certainly room for a couple more of those). However, they also realize: 1) that there are a number of aspects to his game that are very weak; 2) that he is very young and therefore does not have much of a track record of scoring in the NHL; 3) he is an RFA not an UFA (i.e., he has less bargaining power than the team at this point in his career; 4) they have a salary cap to manage.  

The notion that the Bruins do not value Phil Kessel is nonsense. They have offered him the same contract that they offered David Krejci. Are we to assume then that they don't value David Krejci. It's also possible that they will end up signing him for more money (over 3 years) than Krejci.  And just because they have had trade talks with other teams where Kessels name has been prominent also doesn't mean that they don't value him. They knew that at some point they would likely have to trade someone, whether at the 2009 trade deadline, the draft or this summer, in order to effectively manage their salary cap situation. You can appreciate a guy but still trade him if you feel that you are improving your hockey team (i.e., getting a guy back who you feel is even better or simply trading from a perceived area of strength on your roster to improve a weaker area).  The fact that they have trade discussions involving Kessel at multiple times but have not traded him to me indicates that they value him a great deal and are not willing to trade for anything less that what they think he is worth. That is, if there was another team that valued him more than the Bruins and who matched up trade wise with the Bruins then Mr. Kessel would not be a Bruin right now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Costas-V. Show Costas-V's posts

Yea yea, The guy who is in his very early 20's! Overcame testicular cancer one year, and scored 36 goals another year after overcoming mono and a torn labrium! yea get rid of him, he sux... Oh yea the old he said she said about him talking bad about boston, anyways... The kid is shy, which can come off wrong to some people, which again i dont understand, anyways he is young very talented player, I will not call him a star or a gamebreaker yet, but he has the talent and ability to become one. I dont agree at all with ur statement of he was moved from center to wing because it is a less responsible position, it was a coaching move that made all the sense in the world due to his speed and tendancy to shoot rather than pass, he is a sniper, so you put him at wing with a playmaking center.... Now there are holes in his game, surprisingly his back checking isnt as bad as u think, but a huge hole, and I mean huge, is that he always trys the same trick, and that he doesn't see the ice well at all, he has tunnel vision... Those are things that can be taught and that can develop... I don't understand when phil became public enemy number 1 to bruin's fans, I don't think he is worth 4-5 mill, but definatly between 3.2-4... trust me he drives me just as crazy as the next guy at times, but at other times he makes me say wow.... I say sign him and let him continue to grow... and about this whole big bad b's image, i do love it, but u need players of all types and all skills to win...

I think I've heard of this guy. Wasn't he benched during his clubs playoff run two seasons ago for a call up from the AHL for attitude problems? I think this was also the same guy who when visiting his brothers nearby college campus was heard to bad mouth the city and team he was playing for. I think this guy was also moved from center to a less responsible position because he wasn't putting in any effort when he didn't have the puck. Hmm, i think this guy also has issues scoring against playoff quality teams. And come to think of it, this guy has missed a double digit number of games in two of those three seasons, has poor powerplay production, makes no contribution to defense or the penalty kill averages 22 goals a season and is reportedly demanding as much as five million a season. In Response to Rumour young sniper available :
    Posted by bandgbleeder

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I didn't say his back checking was bad. He just only seems to do it about twice a month, which goes straight back to the attitude issue.

And there's no way in hell he should be signed for more than Krejci who spent all of last season injured, has a better points per game average, plays almost ten times as much PK, and 30 minutes more powerplay time while injured the whole season.

Yea yea, The guy who is in his very early 20's! Overcame testicular cancer one year, and scored 36 goals another year after overcoming mono and a torn labrium! yea get rid of him, he sux... Oh yea the old he said she said about him talking bad about boston, anyways... The kid is shy, which can come off wrong to some people, which again i dont understand, anyways he is young very talented player, I will not call him a star or a gamebreaker yet, but he has the talent and ability to become one. I dont agree at all with ur statement of he was moved from center to wing because it is a less responsible position, it was a coaching move that made all the sense in the world due to his speed and tendancy to shoot rather than pass, he is a sniper, so you put him at wing with a playmaking center.... Now there are holes in his game, surprisingly his back checking isnt as bad as u think, but a huge hole, and I mean huge, is that he always trys the same trick, and that he doesn't see the ice well at all, he has tunnel vision... Those are things that can be taught and that can develop... I don't understand when phil became public enemy number 1 to bruin's fans, I don't think he is worth 4-5 mill, but definatly between 3.2-4... trust me he drives me just as crazy as the next guy at times, but at other times he makes me say wow.... I say sign him and let him continue to grow... and about this whole big bad b's image, i do love it, but u need players of all types and all skills to win... In Response to Re: Rumour young sniper available :
    Posted by Costas-V

Sections
Shortcuts