RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview

<<Boston C Marc Savard told the Ottawa Sun all the trade talk surrounding his name hasn't been easy to deal with after he signed a seven-year, $28-million extension last December. "They hurt me a little bit just because I went to Boston and I helped to build that team back up," Savard said in an interview Friday -- his first public comments since the rumours surfaced. "Since I've been there, I've really tried to work hard with the young guys and being a core player. I was really focused on staying there for the rest of my career. To hear all this stuff this summer bothered me inside more than anything else." Savard expects to return to Boston. "Right now I'm a Bruin and that's the way it is," he said. "(But) it's been tough>>

Not sure how this will play out in Boston, but it's obvious that Savard wanted to stay in Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview

Link?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/Garrioch/2010/08/14/15026281.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

well we knew he wanted to stay, and we knew (besides those that still pretend it was never more than rumor) trade talk wouldn't go over that well, but i think he will move on from it ok.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Thanks. 

It's too bad that his feelings are hurt, but he's got 28 million reasons to get over it.  That said, I expect a bounceback season for Savvy, as he will have better linemates and hopefully better health.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview:
    Thanks.  It's too bad that his feelings are hurt, but he's got 28 million reasons to get over it.  That said, I expect a bounceback season for Savvy, as he will have better linemates and hopefully better health.
    Posted by Mutant211

i agree, but PC has a habit of doing this, its the same thing with the comments PC made about tomas, its like "o well we arnt trying to move him but we dont mind if he talks to other teams",, pro athlete or not, thats not the kind of talk you want to hear when you just want to stay in Boston. like savy said himself, you think of yourself as a key piece on the team and then he is discussed like that right after signing an extension.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Waaaaa waaaaaaa waaaaaaaa

I am going to make $7,000,000 this year playing hockey.

What a baby.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Waaaaa waaaaaaa waaaaaaaa I am going to make $7,000,000 this year playing hockey. What a baby.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Just because someone makes a lot of money, does not exclude them from having feelings.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview :    Just because someone makes a lot of money, does not exclude them from having feelings.
    Posted by biggskye

I agree . Just because anybody in any profession makes a lot of money means they become robots without any emotions. Don't understand the thinking on this one .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Obviously all we are reading is Savard as Savard. Quality player with a runaway mouth and ego. Just the kind of interview that selling papers loves.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Obviously all we are reading is Savard as Savard. Quality player with a runaway mouth and ego. Just the kind of interview that selling papers loves.
    Posted by Bogie6

How dare he come out and say that he wants to stay in boston. What a self centered a@$. Trade him now and get a player that is only here because he has no choice and would rather play elsewhere

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Money is irrelevant when it comes to success. You forget about your paycheck and want to succeed and  be the best. I know its hard for people to see that, especially at 7 M/year. But lets look at it from the other side of the fence, he pays more in taxes in one year than most surburbanite morons net in their life. That stinks!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Buck up, Savvy !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Posted by Bogie6

^Yep!

"he's got 28 million reasons to get over it.  That said, I expect a bounceback season for Savvy, as he will have better linemates and hopefully better health."

Couldn't ask for more from a future Canadian amateur golfer!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview :    Just because someone makes a lot of money, does not exclude them from having feelings.
    Posted by biggskye

It's a job, and he is paid very well to do it.  If he has to go work in a different city, so be it.  I don't want to hear any multi-millionaire complain about where they have to work.  He can keep it to himself or cry on his girlfriend's shoulder.  Don't put stuff like this in the press.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Kessel allegedly didn't want to stay in Boston =  bad guy
    Savard wants to stay =  crybaby diva

The GM isn't accountable for either scenario

Can't win on this board

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : I agree . Just because anybody in any profession makes a lot of money means they become robots without any emotions. Don't understand the thinking on this one .
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

If you're going to accept the cash, you have to accept the parameters of the job.  Players get traded.  Buck it up.  Don't cry in the newspaper.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

To NAS,

Whenever your employer, regardless of who it is or how much they pay you, indicates that you aren't necessary to the success of the enterprise, that hurts. Yeah, you man up, and you do your job, but it still hurts inside. If I got fired tomorrow because the economy is in the crapper, I'd understand, but I would still be hurt that I was the one that was let go.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: RUMOURS 'HURT' SAVARD according to Ottawa Sun interview : If you're going to accept the cash, you have to accept the parameters of the job.  Players get traded.  Buck it up.  Don't cry in the newspaper.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

It's called an interview . If you are asked a question ,why answer if you are not going to tell the truth. You call it crying , I call it answering a question honestly. If you don't like the way Savard answered the question maybe we should call the feelings police.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Players get traded.  It's expected.  Most of the best hockey players ever were traded.  It's part of the job.  Buck it up, and go work in a different city.  Don't wimper to a reporter. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carloaz. Show carloaz's posts

2010 -2011 Bruins with out Savard = not a shot. I appreciate a player letting the fans know that he wants to stay in Boston. What is with the animosity toward people who make money? Savard took a cap friendly contract to stay in Boston. Oh ya he should buck it up and be a man like??? you???

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

The game has changed a lot, even since the days that Wayne got dealt. Fans usually expect the players to want to be where they are while the general direction of the game is certainly now more a business than it ever was.

When Savvy signed that contract last year, or Timmy the year before, the boards were full of "Alright, he wants to remain a Bruin and play here"...all fine and good as they were getting paid well to do so.

At the end of the day, they are paid professionals and whether they like where they are is pretty secondary as opposed to what they are hired to do.

That said, I've noticed Bruins management not being as competent on the issue of letting trade rumors get ahead of where they actually are if we are to believe what we hear from both sides.

As a lifetime B's fan, I want to see the best product we can put on the ice. If management is going to make a trade, then do it. If not, then don't comment on anything. I'm sure both Savard and Thomas are professionals and they'll get on with the season when it approaches but everyone on this planet has an ego and feelings. No amount of money changes that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Players get traded. YES It's expected. NO. Not after signing a cap-friendly contract as a UFA. A player should be able to expect to actually play for the team that pursued, and signed him. Most of the best hockey players ever were traded.  It's part of the job.  Buck it up, and go work in a different city.  Don't wimper to a reporter. Savard was answering questions in an interview. There was no "whimpering". I actually appreciate honest, candid answers from a player, rather than the inane cliche drivel, they usually spout.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bigskye, who cares if it's cap friendly?  It wasn't a discounted deal.  He didn't do anyone any favors.  Savard's true money is still there.  And no, the player shouldn't expect anything, considering the cap is new and there is no prescedent. 

"To hear all this stuff this summer bothered me inside more than anything else."  If you guys want pillow talk with your players, that's fine.  I couldn't care less.  I care about what happens on the ice.  If little Mary Savard had her feelings hurt because  her name was mentioned in trade rumors, she should have stayed home and gotten an union job somewhere instead of joining a profession where players are traded all the time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

"To hear all this stuff this summer bothered me inside more than anything else."  If you guys want pillow talk with your players, that's fine.  I couldn't care less.  I care about what happens on the ice.  If little Mary Savard had her feelings hurt because  her name was mentioned in trade rumors, she should have stayed home and gotten an union job somewhere instead of joining a profession where players are traded all the time.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Do you really believe that employee/player morale has no role to play in performance/output? I generally agree with your positions, if not your style, but you're way off here. 

Also, from a bottom-line, economic, team-building perspective, you may want to consider the effect of immediately trying to deal a player who just signed what most (if not yourself) believe is a cap-friendly contract....ie, free agents will demand NTC's and NMC's.

Sections
Shortcuts