Ryan Miller 87?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Ryan Miller 87?

With the hit on Pomminville, we're now privileged enough to have the talking-heads or the writing-heads - Ryan Miller from Buffalo? - telling us how head-shots should be eliminated from the game ... while having the gall to reference Cooke's hit on Savard, well after the fact ... oh, now it's time to comment?  Shameful and self-serving.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=Forum&plckForumId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9528&p1=SportsNav_Bruins_Discussions

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: Ryan Miller 87?

In Response to Ryan Miller 87?:
    [QUOTE]With the hit on Pomminville, we're now privileged enough to have the talking-heads or the writing-heads - Ryan Miller from Buffalo? - telling us how head-shots should be eliminated from the game ... while having the gall to reference Cooke's hit on Savard, well after the fact ... oh, now it's time to comment?  Shameful and self-serving. http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=Forum&plckForumId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9528&p1=SportsNav_Bruins_Discussions
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

FYI, Ryan Miller has been one of the NHL's leading proponents against head shots for a long time. He was a member of the NHLPA's competition committee that pushed for and voted in the new headshot rule (Rule 48) in the wake of the Savard injury. This is nothing new for him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan Miller 87?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Ryan Miller 87? : FYI, Ryan Miller has been one of the NHL's leading proponents against head shots for a long time. He was a member of the NHLPA's competition committee that pushed for and voted in the new headshot rule (Rule 48) in the wake of the Savard injury. This is nothing new for him.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it. Was just about to say the same thing.  That said....I don't believe the hit on Pominville was even in the league as the Savard hit. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Ryan Miller 87? : FYI, Ryan Miller has been one of the NHL's leading proponents against head shots for a long time. He was a member of the NHLPA's competition committee that pushed for and voted in the new headshot rule (Rule 48) in the wake of the Savard injury. This is nothing new for him.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Did he speak out immediately following the hit on Savard?  If not, then he's a little self-sabre-serving to speak out now?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan Miller 87? : Did he speak out immediately following the hit on Savard?  If not, then he's a little self-sabre-serving to speak out now?

Yes, he did. As I said, he's been one of the leading voices in the NHL against head shots, and was a force in the campaign to institute the new rule. 

He cited Savard today in direct response to a question asked in a radio interview about star players suffering head injuries. This wasn't something that came out of the blue.

I don't know why a Bruins fan would complain about validation from Ryan Miller. Myself, I'm glad he did so. If he said Pominville's hit was terrible and Savard's was nothing, then you might have cause for complaint.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan Miller 87? : Yes, he did. As I said, he's been one of the leading voices in the NHL against head shots, and was a force in the campaign to institute the new rule.  He cited Savard today in direct response to a question asked in a radio interview about star players suffering head injuries. This wasn't something that came out of the blue. I don't know why a Bruins fan would complain about validation from Ryan Miller. Myself, I'm glad he did so. If he said Pominville's hit was terrible and Savard's was nothing, then you might have cause for complaint.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Maybe his voice could have been louder at the time of Savard's injury, if he's a  true champion against head-hits and the penalties which should result (games penalized = games lost to injury). Now when Pomminville is struck down, the voice gets loud?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan Miller 87? : Yes, he did. As I said, he's been one of the leading voices in the NHL against head shots, and was a force in the campaign to institute the new rule.  He cited Savard today in direct response to a question asked in a radio interview about star players suffering head injuries. This wasn't something that came out of the blue. I don't know why a Bruins fan would complain about validation from Ryan Miller. Myself, I'm glad he did so. If he said Pominville's hit was terrible and Savard's was nothing, then you might have cause for complaint.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

My apologies for doubting an obvious hockey knowledge bank.  After rewatching the hit on Pominville, I think it has nothing to do with the conversation regarding Savard - it's a heavy hit with no intent to injure and it's completely unlike Cooke's hit on Savard.  It is, though, a weak excuse for Miller to speak out.  He should have been more vocal following Cooke's assault on Savard ... if he were true to his words, trying to eliminate the dangerous play, and not just a talking head.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hockey experts were debating the hit.  Yes its from the side/behind.  But since Pom has played checking hockey you are taught to get your behind against the boards and look up ice.  I am not excusing the hit.  But what are players thinking.  You just didnt see that back in the day b/c you knew what was coming.  Its why chipping the puck and taking the hit for the team was so important.  Now players are positioning back on.  I don't get it.  Whats a pinching dman supposed to do.  wait until he turns.  Anyway you shake it someone is gonnna get run over 99% of the time.

Anyway, so tired of all the head shot stuff.  Its a broken record that isn't going to be fixed anytime soon, unless they take hitting out of hockey.  The speed of todays game leaves very little time for error.  I hate the no touch icings and instigator rule.  Why don't they fix that as well. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan Miller 87? : My apologies for doubting an obvious hockey knowledge bank.  After rewatching the hit on Pominville, I think it has nothing to do with the conversation regarding Savard - it's a heavy hit with no intent to injure and it's completely unlike Cooke's hit on Savard.  It is, though, a weak excuse for Miller to speak out.  He should have been more vocal following Cooke's assault on Savard ... if he were true to his words, trying to eliminate the dangerous play, and not just a talking head.

A "talking head" is someone who makes comments. Miller, as I noted, took action. He was one of the guys who helped rewrite the rules. What more do you want from him? 

Cripes, a guy sticks up for his teammate and he's a bad guy? Huh?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Did Miller come out and say something, anything about the Cooke hit on Savard the day or days following ? Just wondering . Too my recollection , he did not . But i could have missed it .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Good for Ryan Miller in speaking out on the issue of blindsided hits to head...

More players need to do this...

But I am pretty sure that Ryan Miller's number is 30...

BTW Are some of you on crack or something ?

You make practically ZERO sense !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]Did Miller come out and say something, anything about the Cooke hit on Savard the day or days following ? Just wondering . Too my recollection , he did not . But i could have missed it .
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Did any Bruins' player come out and publicly say anything about Cooke's hit on Savard and if they did, did anyone else really pay attention ?

Likely not.

Just be thankful that a player of Miller's status gives the Bruins any attention or lip service, whatsoever.

And then some of yahoos whine and complain about the guy for doing so ?

Kripes, almighty ! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan Miller 87? : Did any Bruins' player come out and publicly say anything about Cooke's hit on Savard and if they did, did anyone else really pay attention ? Likely not. Just be thankful that a player of Miller's status gives the Bruins any attention or lip service, whatsoever. And then some of yahoos whine and complain about the guy for doing so ? Kripes, almighty ! 
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]
    I appreciate any player speaking out about the Savard incident-Bruin or otherwise but what do you mean about Miller's status?Do you mean a Vezina winning silver medalist because Boston has one of those.They have another goalie who outplayed Miller head to head in a best of 7 series just last year.Your anti-Bruin rhetoric is amusing at best but usually you just come off as a troll.Do you do this on other team's sites or do the Bruins hold a special place in your heart?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Actually Miller was vocal after Connolly missed a whole season due to concussion.
    Pomminville's hit look like a head shot but it wasn't. It just looked that way as the head jerked forward and then hit the boards/glass.
    I still say it was an illegal , got hit before the puck got to him and contact mostly to the back rather than the side . No question about the blindside.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan Miller 87? : I appreciate any player speaking out about the Savard incident-Bruin or otherwise but what do you mean about Miller's status?Do you mean a Vezina winning silver medalist because Boston has one of those.They have another goalie who outplayed Miller head to head in a best of 7 series just last year.Your anti-Bruin rhetoric is amusing at best but usually you just come off as a troll.Do you do this on other team's sites or do the Bruins hold a special place in your heart?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

What in the name of Sam Hill are you on about now ?

Who cares about anything that you just said in that post ?

Ummm.... NOBODY !

This thread is about Ryan Miller, the League's best goaltender and a TRUE class act in speaking out about the dangers of these blindsided headshots...

Only his number is 30 -- not 87...  

You go, Brother Ryan -- I love you, man !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Some of this complaining is without any merit.

Did Ryan Miller help get the headshot rule changed? Yes.

Was he sticking up for a teammate in the Pom instance? Yes.

And did he speak up about headshots publicly immediately after the Savard hit last year? Yes.

Here's an article from last NOVEMBER - not only does he stand out against headshots, he takes some serious swings at Bettman et al for doing bugger all.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/29365-THNcom-Blog-Head-shot-hypocrisy.html

I see no reason for a lot of these posts - complaining for the sake of needing something to complain abiout, and not bothering to do any research before you write.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

What a joker that Colin Campbell is !

On the issue of hits from a blindside, here's today's take home lesson from the NHL.

If you are irritated by another player, don't make an obscene gesture at them, simply run their head through the glass from a blindside at a high speed...

It's all the same to the League Brass as long as their raking in the $$$s...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Thanks for the facts red75, I thought that I remembered that too.  Makes some of the complaining about Miller above seem pretty baseless.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

And out of the blue I ask why don't you give up your 87 RMiller and be like Dion Branch or even better like Ryan Miller.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]And out of the blue I ask why don't you give up your 87 RMiller and be like Dion Branch or even better like Ryan Miller.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you are even suggesting with this comment... 

My 87 stays !

If Bruin fans, don't like it...  Too bad !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan Miller 87? : What in the name of Sam Hill are you on about now ? Who cares about anything that you just said in that post ? Ummm.... NOBODY ! This thread is about Ryan Miller, the League's best goaltender and a TRUE class act in speaking out about the dangers of these blindsided headshots... Only his number is 30 -- not 87...   You go, Brother Ryan -- I love you, man !
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]
    A nobody like you cared enough to reply and,by the way,have you ever received positive feedback from one of your comments/troll-like rants?Soon you can join Bruins8 in a competition to see who's ignored by the most people.Should be a close one but I think you can beat him.