Ryder - An expensive experiment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Ryder - An expensive experiment

Before he was signed, there was debate over whether they should sign Hossa or Ryder.  They chose Ryder.  They were hoping he would be the same player from 04-06..  Boy were they wrong.

2003-2004  Canadiens 81 25 38 63

2005-2006  Canadiens 81 30 25 55        
    2006-2007 Canadiens 82 30 28 58        
    2007-2008 Canadiens 70 14 17 31 Signed w/ Bruins       
    2008-2009 Bruins 74 27 26 53        
    2009-2010 Bruins 73 16 15 31        

Somehow, the B's gotta get rid of this leech.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: Ryder - An expensive experiment

Don't get me wrong he is underachieving this year big time but he is also th type of guy that will be streaky.  If he gets hots right before the playoffs he could be a big time help.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Ryder might be the main problem on this team. He is looked to for offense and doesn't bring it consistently. He rarely gives 100% when on the ice. He cruises around and never goes hard for a puck. He has the great shot but that's about it. I guess he is what Julien wanted and now CJ won't sit him just to save face.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Unfortunately me thinks the B's are stuck with this floater and that is what he is. The only way Boston could get lucky is if he gets hot in the playoffs because his agent told Michael "You'd better start playing for a new contract." Pathetic!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ed-PBruins-Fan. Show Ed-PBruins-Fan's posts

HELLO BOYS & GIRLS.....CAN ANYONE SAY "BUY OUT"?

sincerely,
    Glenn Murray

P.S. I'm available!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GutlessChara. Show GutlessChara's posts

In Response to Ryder - An expensive experiment:
    Before he was signed, there was debate over whether they should sign Hossa or Ryder.  They chose Ryder.  They were hoping he would be the same player from 04-06..  Boy were they wrong . 2003-2004   Canadiens 81 25 38 63 2005-2006   Canadiens 81 30 25 55               2006-2007 Canadiens 82 30 28 58               2007-2008 Canadiens 70 14 17 31 Signed w/ Bruins               2008-2009 Bruins 74 27 26 53               2009-2010 Bruins 73 16 15 31               Somehow, the B's gotta get rid of this leech.
    Posted by bim09

the only use for this guy is back on the rock working on a fishing boat or holding up corner store with his brother

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Ryder has given the Bruins close to 50 goals in his time here, so I don't have any complaints about him. This is has a tough year for everybody on the b's

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Thats a pathetic post GutlessChara but I guess your name says it all...GUTLESS!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

they had no shot at signing Hossa.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

Well at least CJ has finally clued in and Thornton was the only player to have less icetime then Ryder.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Ryder - An expensive experiment:
    Before he was signed, there was debate over whether they should sign Hossa or Ryder.  They chose Ryder.  They were hoping he would be the same player from 04-06..  Boy were they wrong . 2003-2004   Canadiens 81 25 38 63 2005-2006   Canadiens 81 30 25 55               2006-2007 Canadiens 82 30 28 58               2007-2008 Canadiens 70 14 17 31 Signed w/ Bruins               2008-2009 Bruins 74 27 26 53               2009-2010 Bruins 73 16 15 31               Somehow, the B's gotta get rid of this leech.
    Posted by bim09

On the same note,Hossa's contract is considered 1 of the worst in hockey.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Ya, Hossa signed a 12 year 62.8 million dollar contract with Chicago, 7.9 mil per season over the 1st seven years!!!! No chance the Bruins were coming anywhere near that!!
    I hope sitting Ryder wakes him up!!!  Although he usually plays good in the playoffs so there is hope....if we make it!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What I notice about Ryder's shooting is that he tends to hit the goalie.  On the "great" saves against him, watch them carefully - and you'll see that the goalie has to move very little, goalie usually already moving that way, or goalie not moving at all to make the save.  Or he shoots wide or high.  And finally, he might score.

On the offensive ice he seems to act like an elite scorer, doesn't appear to dig that much or do anything above and beyond.  Doesn't seem to want to chase anybody or the puck.  Defensively, he is somewhat responsible.

He and Wideman could probably swap jersies and no one would notice.

I'll be glad when they are gone.

I still believe in PC, but if he signs either of the Wideman Ryder act again, I'll set fire to myself or jump off the Tobin bridge.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In Response to Re: Ryder - An expensive experiment:
    Ya, Hossa signed a 12 year 62.8 million dollar contract with Chicago, 7.9 mil per season over the 1st seven years!!!! No chance the Bruins were coming anywhere near that!! I hope sitting Ryder wakes him up!!!  Although he usually plays good in the playoffs so there is hope....if we make it!!
    Posted by scottm50

I agree about Hossa's bad contract but this is not valid point.  The year that Ryder was signed, Hossa signed a one year deal to play with Detroit... The Bruins could have come near that deal...

I also agree about sitting Ryder- finally some accountability from CJ and let's keep our  fingers crossed and hope guys get motivated on this team!

Sections
Shortcuts