Ryder demoted to 4th line, finally justice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Ryder demoted to 4th line, finally justice

Finally.  About time.

http://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74

Change of scenery might do him good.  The bodies tend to fly around down there.  He might get the idea.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: Ryder demoted to 4th line, finally justice

I agree.  I like the line that we are seeing at practice.  Lucic with Bergy they seemed to have chemistry going the 2 minutes they played together a few games ago. 
       Ryder has to be held accountable. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

In Response to Ryder demoted to 4th line, finally justice:
    Finally.  About time. http://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74 Change of scenery might do him good.  The bodies tend to fly around down there.  He might get the idea.
    Posted by BadHabitude
    Good, now what do they do with Wheeler?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

Have to laugh at claude 5 games left in the regular season and he now sees it fit to demote ryder to a lower line? Typical claude and PC over analyze and make moves after its too late. Why not flat our scratch wheeler, ryder, or wideman?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ryder, well, with long lazy lopping strides finally has the brain trust of the Bruins understanding the law of diminishing marginal utility.  Next up is the realization that Wheeler loses the puck on every shift with Krejci as a center.  Wideman is an enigma, a sports psychologist poster boy.  What scares this fan is the same people have the decision to choose several players in the upcoming draft.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Ryder demoted to 4th line, finally justice:
    Ryder, well, with long lazy lopping strides finally has the brain trust of the Bruins understanding the law of diminishing marginal utility.  Next up is the realization that Wheeler loses the puck on every shift with Krejci as a center.  Wideman is an enigma, a sports psychologist poster boy.  What scares this fan is the same people have the decision to choose several players in the upcoming draft.  
    Posted by islamorada

Yeah, I'm with you, except its not the high pick that I'm worried about, they cannot go wrong on that.  It's the rest of the picks, their own pick in the first round and 2nd round picks where the future will be made or broken.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GutlessChara. Show GutlessChara's posts

In Response to Ryder demoted to 4th line, finally justice:
    Finally.  About time. http://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74 Change of scenery might do him good.  The bodies tend to fly around down there.  He might get the idea.
    Posted by BadHabitude

This clown should be demoted to the Rock to be robbing corner stores with his brother

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I get the need for the move, or a benching, but this move makes little sense.. Ryder has 1 g in 18 games, I get that, but he does not play the game that is required of your 4th liners either.. I think 3rd line, limited minutes etc, or a complete benching makes sense.. If we have to send the 4th line out to create some energy or send a message thats not a guy i want on the ice for that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Do people realize you don't bench players for practice or conduct seperate practices for the benched?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Ryder needs to sit for more than 1 game. Julien will never sit his boy. I can't believe it took this long to target this guy. He's a slacker through and through.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Was that the "slacker" Ryder who stole the puck vs New jersey, accelerated around three NJ players , and cut in front of Brodeur to almost score the game winning goal?  It was the Bs best effort in regulation and would have won the game if Brodeur had not made that sensational save.

I don't see Ryder coasting and cruising the way you guys do.  I think he puts out commendable effort.  He works on the boards, he back checks, he passes well.  The problem is that he has been missing those wrist shots, hitting posts, just wide, etc. If he was putting one of those in every other game, you guys would be singing a different song.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

I never liked ryder but am forced to hope he does well since he plays for us or collects a check however you want to look at it. I know HATE ryder! After he watched savy get cheapshoted 10 feet in front of him and did nothing shows me all I need to see about ryders heart and character.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

We can pick on a different guy every game and granted Ryder has had a bad season compared to other years but i still see a guy who is trying hard . He has hit more posts, had more shots ticked at the last minute and misfired many times . Last year everybody was talking about how stupid the Habs were for letting him go and now people want him trade or outright let go . There might be more to whats going on behind the scenes , who knows . I know thats no excuse but maybe just maybe he might score the winning goal against the leafs .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GutlessChara. Show GutlessChara's posts

We can pick on a different guy every game and granted Ryder has had a bad season compared to other years but i still see a guy who is trying hard . He has hit more posts, had more shots ticked at the last minute and misfired many times . Last year everybody was talking about how stupid the Habs were for letting him go and now people want him trade or outright let go . There might be more to whats going on behind the scenes , who knows . I know thats no excuse but maybe just maybe he might score the winning goal against the leafs .
    Posted by 50belowzero

YEA...you have a better chance of wining this Mass Lottery then seeing this clown turn his game around

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Milan.. "too late"? Are the B's not still holding at least 8th spot?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Ryder is one player who needs to pick up his game there are alot of players who also have to pick up the slack. This team has to come together asap if they want get into the playoffs and all these guys have to learn how play together and score some goals. Ther has to be more of a team effort in order for these guys to win and we all hope changing the lines up will help.It may be too late with the teams we have left to play.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Was that the "slacker" Ryder who stole the puck vs New jersey, accelerated around three NJ players , and cut in front of Brodeur to almost score the game winning goal?  It was the Bs best effort in regulation and would have won the game if Brodeur had not made that sensational save. I don't see Ryder coasting and cruising the way you guys do.  I think he puts out commendable effort.  He works on the boards, he back checks, he passes well.  The problem is that he has been missing those wrist shots, hitting posts, just wide, etc. If he was putting one of those in every other game, you guys would be singing a different song.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

Only when he feels like it. He takes every other shift and game off.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE] I think he puts out commendable effort.  He works on the boards, he back checks, he passes well.  The problem is that he has been missing those wrist shots, hitting posts, just wide, etc.

I watch every game on NESN and I see Ryder working some of the time in some of the games - I think he's lost his quick release which is what made him the "sniper" he was once billed as.  Maybe Guy Carboneau (how I hate him) saw Ryder accurately.  I'm glad Julien has finally called him out (it should have happened weeks ago) and I hope that playing with Thornton reminds him how the game is supposed to be played - giving heart and body if you don't score goals. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I get the need for the move, or a benching, but this move makes little sense.. Ryder has 1 g in 18 games, I get that, but he does not play the game that is required of your 4th liners either.. I think 3rd line, limited minutes etc, or a complete benching makes sense.. If we have to send the 4th line out to create some energy or send a message thats not a guy i want on the ice for that.
    Posted by rolerhoky19

I agree, especially for the Toronto game.  You know that Wilson will have his guys out there gooning it up.  Thornton will be of much more value on the fourth line than Ryder.  Even without the fighting element, Ryder rarely throws body checks.  He leads with his hands to soften the blow when he makes contact.  The Bruins need somebody who isn't afraid to bang bodies out there against the Leafs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Ryder demoted to 4th line, finally justice : [QUOTE] I think he puts out commendable effort.  He works on the boards, he back checks, he passes well.  The problem is that he has been missing those wrist shots, hitting posts, just wide, etc. I watch every game on NESN and I see Ryder working some of the time in some of the games - I think he's lost his quick release which is what made him the "sniper" he was once billed as.  Maybe Guy Carboneau (how I hate him) saw Ryder accurately.  I'm glad Julien has finally called him out (it should have happened weeks ago) and I hope that playing with Thornton reminds him how the game is supposed to be played - giving heart and body if you don't score goals. 
    Posted by huscroft28

Even at his best I didn't like Ryder.  He shoots on net and doesn't have any placement.  Everybody marvelled at Cam Ward's great save on Ryder in really tight in the playoffs last year, but if you watch it closely Ryder shot the puck into him more than Ward saved it.

He certainly coasts.    Looks to me like he's hanging back a lot, I feel he could be a lot more aggressive on forechecking.

As a sniper you have to have that pure god given skill that is impossible to teach.  If you have some, like Ryder does, you have to make up for it in other ways, which Ryder doesn't do.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

This is AWSOME. Lets put all the blame on Ryder. I mean we cant blame it on Tim Thomas anymore, right?? He doenst play. So lets balme Ryder now. LOL way too dam funny. Yes I agree Ryder has not been producing. At the same time, so hasnt his other teammates. This whole team as a UNIT suks. Its 85% the same team as of last year. Yet they cant do anything. Score, pass, check, get out of their own zone. Amazing people are always looking for an excuse and only blame 1 or 2 players, but not the whole team. You win as 1 and lose as 1.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

I am blame PC and Claude......