ryder to earn respect

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ignaceontario. Show ignaceontario's posts

ryder to earn respect

i hope ryder has said to cj and his teammates "if cooke is out the first shift coach julien please line me up first" then he says to his teammates "i get him first guys" when looch was hit from behind by avery last year and alberts hit sturm this year the first guy in there was savard enough said

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: ryder to earn respect

Ryder had his chance and blew it. Michael has a year left then good ridance!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to ryder to earn respect:
    i hope ryder has said to cj and his teammates "if cooke is out the first shift coach julien please line me up first" then he says to his teammates "i get him first guys" when looch was hit from behind by avery last year and alberts hit sturm this year the first guy in there was savard enough said
    Posted by ignaceontario

not to knock savard but he is the first guy in knowing no one on the ice is going to let him fight, plus he is a much bigger guy with a healthy lucic on the ice with him..

Savard has 0 career fighting majors..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I am not saying I don't but Savard, just like ryder wasn't going to go out and exact revenge in a later game..

Also I do think alot of the players were more caught up in what happened, in both of those other hits the guys were hurt, but ok..

When jones hit bergeron there was no big scrap the next time they played...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Here's what I give him props for: if he gets in there, everyone on the ice HAS to get in there.  So if he goes ape feces and jumps Avery, you know that job one for every other Bruin on the ice is to get there before Avery or some other goof decides to lay a beating on the Bruins top offensive player.  No one else gets to think and decide if the incident warranted a response or what response it warranted.  No stern talking-to.  It's on.  Because Savvy said it's on.  I suppose, in a way, he's writing cheques other guys have to cash, but you can appreciate the leadership given that, if things don't go according to plan, he might have to eat some leather or worse if his teammates can't bail him out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoxCrusher. Show BoxCrusher's posts

best post i've seen yet ignaceontario.  ryder needs to reclaim his honor.  even if he loses the fight, throwing down first is what he needs to do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Ryder might want to call his armed robber brother if he is going to tangle, the guy has zero character, it must run in the family!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

In Response to Re: ryder to earn respect:
    I am not saying I don't but Savard, just like ryder wasn't going to go out and exact revenge in a later game.. Also I do think alot of the players were more caught up in what happened, in both of those other hits the guys were hurt, but ok.. When jones hit bergeron there was no big scrap the next time they played...
    Posted by rolerhoky19

When Jones hit Bergeron it wasn't a blind-side shot to the head
    When Jones hit Bergeron, Bergeron admits he shouldn't have turned to be in the position he was in just to protect the puck
    When Jones hit Bergeron last year, the NHL dished out a suspension
    When Jones hit Bergeron last year, it was a guy who has never been known to play dirty, and genuinly felt remorse over his own actions, something players on both teams accepted and understood.

Although these two incidents resulted in concussions for B's star players, to compare one to the other is simply foolish. They were completely different in every aspect

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: ryder to earn respect : When Jones hit Bergeron it wasn't a blind-side shot to the head When Jones hit Bergeron, Bergeron admits he shouldn't have turned to be in the position he was in just to protect the puck When Jones hit Bergeron last year, the NHL dished out a suspension When Jones hit Bergeron last year, it was a guy who has never been known to play dirty, and genuinly felt remorse over his own actions, something players on both teams accepted and understood. Although these two incidents resulted in concussions for B's star players, to compare one to the other is simply foolish. They were completely different in every aspect
    Posted by davecarr

You should say when jones hit bergeron again, maybe itll add legitimacy to what you had to say..

why don't you scroll up and get where i was coming from with this whole line of logic before you spout off.. and yeah the when jones hit bergeron start 4 consecutives sentences it doesn't really hammer anything home, it actually reads like your stressing jones hit begeron again and again..

My point was, there was no recourse for the hit at the time because most of the players where concerned for bergerons well being.. When you want to get angry that no one responded, it is indeed a similar situation..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: ryder to earn respect : When Jones hit Bergeron it wasn't a blind-side shot to the head When Jones hit Bergeron, Bergeron admits he shouldn't have turned to be in the position he was in just to protect the puck When Jones hit Bergeron last year, the NHL dished out a suspension When Jones hit Bergeron last year, it was a guy who has never been known to play dirty, and genuinly felt remorse over his own actions, something players on both teams accepted and understood. Although these two incidents resulted in concussions for B's star players, to compare one to the other is simply foolish. They were completely different in every aspect
    Posted by davecarr

Also, it was two years ago, if you want to get your facts straight, and he wasn't known as a dirty player, he had about a seasons worth of games on his resume..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Not for nuthing kids but it isn't in Ryders makeup to drop the gloves.. Not his style nor does he have the balls to do that,.. so any thoughts of him drawing first blood will have to involve his pre-game shave.. and even that would be by accident...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

I do think the best scenario is for someone he'd least expect to thump him...my hope is that Recchi takes a shot at him, maybe Marchand.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Not for nuthing kids but it isn't in Ryders makeup to drop the gloves.. Not his style nor does he have the balls to do that,.. so any thoughts of him drawing first blood will have to involve his pre-game shave.. and even that would be by accident...
    Posted by SupportLocal81

Could not agree more.  Id like to see Mark Stuart do the dirty work.  He's a young restricted free-agent to be with a lot of grit and a lot of skill (we all know this).  If he steps up and fights tonight, it will make him an immediate fan favorite (which he is on his way to becoming anyways), his jersey sales will spike, he'll earn the respect of his teammates, and Neely/PC will consider giving him a long-term contract.

All good things, as far as im concerned.