Ryder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

Ryder

Is anyone surprised that all the chatter is about Savvy and there is no fan forum chatter about Ryder with about the same cap hit as Savvy?

Do we like Ryder and his production at his cap hit for the Bs?

Do we think Ryder is going to light it up in a contract year?

Are we just resigned to the fact that Ryder is a JJ guy and will stay?

What do we think PC and Neely think of Ryder?

What do you all say?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Ryder

Its CJ for one, and I think the chatter is about Savy cause teams would be more interested in him, plus center is our position of strength, wing is not..

Ryder will put up 20-30 goals this season, and be off the books next..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Ryder:
    Its CJ for one, and I think the chatter is about Savy cause teams would be more interested in him, plus center is our position of strength, wing is not.. Ryder will put up 20-30 goals this season, and be off the books next..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Yeah Roler, I don't even believe CJ would want him at the current rate if he had a choice.  The reality is that even fans with the most optimistic outlook know that no team would take on Ryder without us having to give up too much.  In theory I think we might have to package him with a 2nd round pick to move him and  I for one would not be happy to pay that price when there in all likelihood will be a far different outlook at the trade deadline.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Once the free agent frenzy dies down and the few available scoring wingers are gone there will be teams still looking for secondary scoring.  A team with the cap space to fit him in and no other pressing needs for signings may actually make a reasonable trade for him.  Ryder having only one year left on his contract makes him far more moveable than he would be otherwise.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Ryder : Yeah Roler, I don't even believe CJ would want him at the current rate if he had a choice.  The reality is that even fans with the most optimistic outlook know that no team would take on Ryder without us having to give up too much.  In theory I think we might have to package him with a 2nd round pick to move him and  I for one would not be happy to pay that price when there in all likelihood will be a far different outlook at the trade deadline.
    Posted by RickyHussle

As a coach, he has no concerns with the cap, just getting the best from the players available, ryder is a better winger then most of our other options, i am sure julien wont be thrilled if we lose him and get nothing in return.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Once the free agent frenzy dies down and the few available scoring wingers are gone there will be teams still looking for secondary scoring.  A team with the cap space to fit him in and no other pressing needs for signings may actually make a reasonable trade for him.  Ryder having only one year left on his contract makes him far more moveable than he would be otherwise.
    Posted by DrCC

The doctor is in and I have to agree here Fluto just updated bruins blog saying Ryder is in play but me thinks like allot others it will cost the Bruins a pick and salary would have to come back a veteran agitator would be nice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Yea, um Ryder isn't going to perform because it's a contract year.  His last contract year with the Habs when he was supposed to put up good numbers, he didn't do so hot.  You know what his numbers were? 14 goals, 17 assists, 31 points.  Does that warrant a 3yr/$12M contract carrying a 4.0 cap hit?  No, but we have Peter Chiarelli as GM.  If Chiarelli extended Ryder for another 2 years at like 4.5-5.0, I'd be pi$sed, but not surprised.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

In Response to Ryder:
    Is anyone surprised that all the chatter is about Savvy and there is no fan forum chatter about Ryder with about the same cap hit as Savvy? Do we like Ryder and his production at his cap hit for the Bs? Do we think Ryder is going to light it up in a contract year? Are we just resigned to the fact that Ryder is a JJ guy and will stay? What do we think PC and Neely think of Ryder? What do you all say?
    Posted by mxx

1) We talk about Savard more than Ryder because we might actually get some talent back if we trade Savard

2)I think managements opinion of Ryder, his production vs cap hit, and their faith in him bouncing back is pretty obvious, as the B's have been trying to trade Ryder since February, only nobody will take him. 

You can't force another team to take a player that you don't want. Not sure if you are aware of how trades work, but you have to find a GM willing to take a player, you can't just trade away all the players that don't perform.

My personal opinion, though, is that if the B's cannot/ do not trade Thomas or Savard, then by the time the season starts, and they still need cap room, Ryder will be sent to Providence unless he REALLY impresses in camp.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Yea, um Ryder isn't going to perform because it's a contract year.  His last contract year with the Habs when he was supposed to put up good numbers, he didn't do so hot.  You know what his numbers were? 14 goals, 17 assists, 31 points.  Does that warrant a 3yr/$12M contract carrying a 4.0 cap hit?  No, but we have Peter Chiarelli as GM.  If Chiarelli extended Ryder for another 2 years at like 4.5-5.0, I'd be pi$sed, but not surprised.
    Posted by beantowngm15

Prior to that season ryder had never posted under 50.. He was in the coaches dog house there.. tough to gauge.. He was over paid, though not greatly, he will put up decent number this year, because he always has.. he is generally consistent.. Around 55 points if he plays well, and 30 when he doesnt.. If you watched him last year, I think it was clear he was "off" it wasn't lack of effort.. he was hitting post/cross bars etc left and right.. Its mental.. But it doesn't seem like when he gets in that "funk" he can get out...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Ryder : As a coach, he has no concerns with the cap, just getting the best from the players available, ryder is a better winger then most of our other options, i am sure julien wont be thrilled if we lose him and get nothing in return.
    Posted by rolerhoky19

When the players show up at the rink and are working out I am sure that CJ is not thinking about salary.  But if you think he's not thinking about the value of Ryder vs the value of another player who could be had in his place then I think the idea is naive.  I think that this assumption would mean that CJ thinks about salaries and roster options less then your average fan on these forums.  I think if Chiarelli came to him and said, 'JJ has given me the okay to bury Ryder in the minors if you think we could get a better player with that money on the market', my guess in this scenario is that Julien would be able to list off a number of players in order of preference immediately.

And this is precisely the point I was attemting to make earlier.  Given his preference Julien, I believe would prefer to have another guy in that salary spot.  So my question for you is, do you really believe CJ doesn't think or care about the cap, or is your point merely that he will work with what he gets.  Because I don't disagree that he will work with what he gets.

Sections
Shortcuts