Salary cut - Ryder or Sturm?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Salary cut - Ryder or Sturm?

In Response to Re: Salary cut - Ryder or Sturm?:
    Its really getting old with these posts of who goes, who stays, we all know who goes and thats the underacheivers from 2009. Yes there playing better this yr and that only makes them more of a worthy asset to trade away and get something back worthwhile.
    Posted by wallydouglas

Good point. In the end it's not what I think or others but PC and how he felt last season. PC was and maybe still bitter from last season, he expected certain players to contribute in the loss of Kessel's production and Ryder was one.   He made loud and clear when the word around the league echoed that Ryder was available.
    Maybe he doesn't forgive and forget therefore like you're saying Ryder is the man out.
    In this case I hope Sturm recovers.

Now can someone answer ;  If a player that has a NTC gets put on waivers being sent to the minors and another team picks him up ,  the player in question has no a say ?
    How much of his salary will still be applied on the cap ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Dump Sturm asap. Keep Ryder (he is playing well)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Now can someone answer ;  If a player that has a NTC gets put on waivers being sent to the minors and another team picks him up ,  the player in question has no a say ? How much of his salary will still be applied on the cap ?  
    Posted by BsLegion

http://www.nhlscap.com/no_trade.htm

Look for the red text which is from the CBA (article 11.8)

It reads to me as though a No Trade Clause is exactly that -  no trade without approval of the player. It doesn't affect waiver claims.

A no move clause means a player can't be placed on waivers (TT has one I think).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It's obvious that nothing must be done until either Savvy or Sturm are ready to return. However, PC is working the phones. Wheeler and Hunwick provide the most appeal for a trade. Expect Paille to go for a draft pick, and Ryder's cap to go for draft picks or demote to Providence. Do not expect Sturm to be back much before year end if then. His injury is more severe than has been projected. Savvy's PCS presents another concern as to when he might return. Expect both Seguin and Caron to stay based on their play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bulldixon. Show bulldixon's posts

sturm eas slow last season before the injury. skating is his game and know with major surgical procedures on both knees providence is the best place for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

i think we should send sturm to the minors you could deffiantly see last year that he isnt the same player he used to be and now coming off of two major knee surgeries i believe he has lost alot of speed and will no longer be effective

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Two comments:
    First, Sturm can be sent to the AHL on a conditioning stint.  That should help Chiarelli figure out how well the surgery has held up.  No, conveniently leaving him there is not a good idea - the CBA basically says that a team found to be using a conditioning stint to circumvent the cap is subject to whatever punishment the Commissioner sees fit.

Second, actually demoting Sturm may or may not be easy.  Certainly, if he comes back before Savard, there's no problem.  If activating Sturm would put the team over the cap, there is some uncertainty whether that space would have to be cleared in order to activate him before sending him down (in which case there'd be no point in sending him down since the team would be under the cap already), or if simply not travelling with the team or practicing with it is sufficient to keep his daily salary from counting towards the cap.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Two comments: First, Sturm can be sent to the AHL on a conditioning stint.  That should help Chiarelli figure out how well the surgery has held up.  No, conveniently leaving him there is not a good idea - the CBA basically says that a team found to be using a conditioning stint to circumvent the cap is subject to whatever punishment the Commissioner sees fit. Second, actually demoting Sturm may or may not be easy.  Certainly, if he comes back before Savard, there's no problem.  If activating Sturm would put the team over the cap, there is some uncertainty whether that space would have to be cleared in order to activate him before sending him down (in which case there'd be no point in sending him down since the team would be under the cap already), or if simply not travelling with the team or practicing with it is sufficient to keep his daily salary from counting towards the cap.
    Posted by DrCC

Thank you and to our Scottish friend.
    Then it would be best is he's sent down to AHL for conditioning.  I'm really interested and see how he'll do.  I guess in this case he does not need to pass through waivers ?
    I think the time frame for return between Savvy and Sturm is similar and PC will be making his decision no matter which of the two return first unless there are setbacks with Savvy situation.
    I think most of us are making too much of a big deal over all this. PC has choices if a trade does not work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wdchip. Show wdchip's posts

depth up front is what is known as "a good problem" to have.  the young guys will tire late in the season if you don't spell them, like wheels did a coupla years ago.  juggle them like they're flaming chainsaws and keep as many as you can.  trade paille, pk is fine, clears cap space.  rotate some o the others through providence for conditioning, like we just did with mcgrattan.  then, depth come playoff time, yipppeeee! 
    think about trading one guy late for a buncha picks, maybe a role player.  savard?  kreicji's a better player anyway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I like how everyone hear just assumes Sturm won't be able to skate anymore.  When I read about modern day surgeries on Ligaments it indicates that if they are done correctly the athlete can come back at close to 100%.  Sturm is scheduled back before Savard, if we move a small salary like Paile or Wheeler we will have time to see how Sturm looks before we make the decision of Sturm or Ryder.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

No salary needs to be moved until both are back, so if Sturm is ready first, and NHL ready, he can go right into the lineup.  One silver lining of Savard being out.  Well, maybe a tin lining.

Maybe I am wrong about this, but I didn't think speed was a problem for Sturm last year, that pretty much right from the beginning of the season he had most of it back.  Did it really seem to others that he lost a step?

Sections
Shortcuts