Satan - Good or Bad sign

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

Satan - Good or Bad sign

Well ?????????? Good or Bad ?????????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JJJustSell. Show JJJustSell's posts

Re: Satan - Good or Bad sign

i'd say things don't look good for ryder right about now. He will soon be back on the rock playing sr a or beer league hockey

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

however little Satan cost is a total waste of JJ's hard-earned $$$$....  may be useful in shootouts but that's about it....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espo72. Show Espo72's posts

It's a good move by the GM. Small cap hit and he can be sent down or bought out for 50% of his $350k. It may also send a message to the likes of Ryder to get his act in gear. If he performs well, it could set the stage for a trade at the deadline. At the very least, he could help our shootout performance. Time will tell.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Good signing. We have enough 4th line grinders and need someone who can score. Remember all you folks crying for a scorer? Sit a 4th liner and get Bealzibub on Savard's wing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Well it could be a good signing as long as the Bruins don't run into a goalie in the playoffs named Johnny!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

good if they do something bigger. bad if this is it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Can he be released/bought out with a 35+ contract and have the cap him erased?

If the numbers are right he's got a small enough number that it should be worth the risk.  Apparently he's in good shape, and won't take long to be ready to play.

This may be an indication that there just aren't any players available by trade yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Yes, I agree.  Satan's roll may be more than, just to help the offense.

We might see some wingers "playing with fire" soon.  Dare I say, thank God.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I personally don't like the signing but I tend to look at the bigger picture and I think PC has other tricks up his sleeve.. I just read a quote from Julien on the signing of Satan "  "He's a guy that has shown he is capable of scoring some goals and we hope he will give us some of that and also provide some competition," .. I think this will wake up a few guys who basically have been coasting all season knowing full well that there was not going to be any one else around to take their jobs.. I am talking about Ryder, and Wheeler.. They have brought nothing to the table and have been disappointing.. now maybe sitting in the press box a few games might just change their outlook..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I didn't like him last season when he was playing with the likes of a  Crosby and then on a line with Malkin.  He was that bad that they shipped him to a 4th line. 
    I can't say I really like this move. 
    On the otherhand I think both Chiarelli and Julien just could not stand still and do nothing. It's being proactive and not just waiting with hope that when Lucic gets back they'll start filling the net.   
    This is a move for the powerplay,  Satan's speciality,  back in the days with the Sabres (way back).  He might still have some of that magic and Chara (same nationality) might just light a spark under his .....
    Prove me wrong Satan !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Satan can be waived if goes out and doesn't compete like he did last year with Pittsburgh. March will be the time for more trades unless GMs around the league get orders from owners to cut payroll because upper management doesn't think there team is going to make the playoffs.

Like DRCC said the players that Bruins want most just aren't available yet. Things will loosen up eventually.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Recchi, Bégin and Bitz are no more of the NHL calibre. One of them must leave.
    And Paillé is a fourth liner at best. As you see, there are a lot of space on this team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

It's low-risk. He costs next to nothing, can be bought out easily if he doesn't work out, and the Bruins gave up nothing to get him.

My gut feeling is that he will add little to the team, but when he's essentially free, why not give him a little time and see if he can add some scoring. God knows the Bruins need someone to step up and start lighting the lamp with some regularity. If Marco Sturm is this team's leading goal scorer when the playoffs begin, a repeat of last year's run is probably the best the B's could hope for (and even that may be ambitious).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I think the signing is a good value if nothing else, and if he gives the team a boost the that value jumps pretty high and its a great pick up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Considering it only cost the Bruins $350,000, I would say its a pretty decent move.  I don't expect much from him, but it couldn't be any worse than what some current forwards (Bitz, Wheeler, Paille, Ryder) are doing.  Hopefully he can return to his goal-scoring ways.

And a quick message to epaveo, wherever he/she is: How does "Square Head Sperm" look now?  He's leading the team in goals and is second in +/- rating.  You kind of look like an idiot for constantly criticizing him earlier on in the season. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

TT-God ,  it's costs the Bruins (Jacobs) 700 000 but only 350 00 as a prorated amount on the cap.  Yes Jacobs is cheap ,  right ?  (sarcasm btw)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Satan isnt the player he was with Buffalo...he didnt get it done riding with Crosby but we think he can get it done with Savard? However, he doesnt impact cap room and adds depth, so you cant go wrong. Satan at the very least will be an upgrade over Begin on Line 1. Embarassed

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

I also agree with bluechip99 and looooch17: Satan shouldn't be replacing Recchi, he's too valuable on the already mediocre power-play.  And despite his horrendous start, he's played pretty well this season.  Paille, Bitz, and Wheeler are different stories.  Paille brings absolutely NO value to the Bruins except for on the penalty kill.  He is easily their worst offensive-minded player.  Bitz and Wheeler just haven't performed up to their expectations.  At the end of the day, I say it should be Bitz or Paille that get reduced playing time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

It might work... If we're lucky it'll be like Maxim Afiniganov in Atlanta..No one really wanted him, but he is having a good year. Lets see what he can do with Savy and then decide what his true role will be. With him and Lucic's return 2 guys have to sit...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

BTW... Lay off Paille he is awesome on PK. I agree he isnt flashy or a big scoring threat, however if we go anywhere in the playoffs we will need a defensive forward to help Bergeron. Look at our PK  before him and after him, we went from almost last to 1st.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

well the B's have struggled scoring at times this year and this guy is a proven scorer. He will be great on the second pp
    Chara wanted this guy and Chara knows him well!
    When Lucic returns this team looks real good

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

BlueChip - are you serious? Recchi is the only guy right now who plays well in front of the net. Begin is really the only guy hitting with Stuart out of the lineup. And, Paille has helped this team become this best PK team in the league. I also disagree with Bitz because your comment implies that he was at one time NHL caliber.

The Satan deal was a good move. Lots of potential for little cost.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsoxfan63. Show nhsoxfan63's posts

Pathetic signing. A washed up version of Phil Kessel.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Any intellgient fan can't be actually bothered by this, next to no cap hit, creates competition among the forwards for playing time which is NOT a bad thing. If he tanks, say goodbye, this also frees up some wiggle-room for trades.. now you will have 2 extra forwards with Lucic back. You have options... They are not bringing him in expecting him to be the answer.. he's a wake-up call that they WILL do something if guys don't improve.