Satan : No thanks!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

Satan : No thanks!

No, No, No, No, No !

I don't want Miro Satan !

A player who play 1 game on 5....No thanks !

A very bad idea !

We need better than this !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Re: Satan : No thanks!

Well, do you have anybody else besides Begin or Bitz ? Savard is drifting out there and he needs SOMEONE, that has a chance of putting the puck in the net. Satan is cheap, didn't cost a draft pick or trading new talent and is also 5 or 6 years younger than Recchi !  Hey, relax, if he dosen't put the puck in the net, he can always help the Baby B's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

He can't go to the Baby Bs. The no movement clause which means he can't get sent down, released or traded without his consent.

I like the move. He gives the chance of some additional scoring and I think the roster can carry another body at that sort of cap hit. Once Lucic and Stuart are back McQuaid willl likely go back down which leaves the max 23 on the roster.

The schedule is chock-a-block up to the olympics so this gives the opportunity to rest tired legs and is a bit of insurance against injury.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Its a win win situation for the Bruins...at a cap hit of $700,000.00 for the remainder of the season??  If he performs well Chiarelli is a genius, if he doesn't but other players pick it up it will still be worth the small amount of cash they have to dish out.  Even if he plays like cr@p , at that amount of money nobody will freak out, after all the "Big Z" is making 7 million a year and doing NOTHING!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beesbear. Show beesbear's posts

It was reported that the actual cap hit was only $350.ooo , so that is pretty cheap, but most time's you get what you pay for, time will tell. He should be better than bitz or begin be side Savy, not sure if this is the fix we have been waiting for . I would of like to see Sobotka try riding beside Savy.
     Great outdoor game, but a little boring until the end, the bruins need some spark ,what happen to Merchand, he was a little spark plug, I like boychuk ,he can deliver some big  hits. The hole team only has to watch Mark Recchi, this guy doesn't get mentioned enough, he is our oldest player and on most nights is one of our better players. GO BRIUNS GO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

It's worth the shot.

The Globe's Dupont said a $350K hit so I'm not sure the $700K is right, but either way it's not breaking the bank.

It affords them a few options: (1) As Dupont said....with Lucic coming back...it affords them a few extra players to allow for consequences for poor play.  Right now they are all getting time regardles of results; (2) Sometimes just the infusion of one or two bodies to the mix can change the fortunes.....this team to me is playing better defensively this season, but is woefully short offensively.  Fix that and I think their fortunes change; (3) I like Satan's scoring percentage...last year it was 14% .... which is better than all but 4 on the B's now....2 of which are guys who have played sparingly and the math simply works; (4) extra bodies affords them the ability to pull off a deadline deal without sacrificing too much depth; (5) may re-energize Savard.....who needs someone to finish for him. 

Time will tell.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

What are you people not sure of. The contract is for 700,000. The season is half over. Do the math...we get a cap hit of 350,000. That's 700,000 divided by 2 = 350,000. Do they not teach math in school anymore?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

My burning ?'s about this signing are:
    (1) Is Lucic sprain giving him a hard time to come back
    (2) Is Boston using this deal low cost fill in to move a higher contract ie Ryder especially if Satan comes through
    (3) Also this means the Bruins may use some young talent for another trade by deadline( ie Wheeler or Bitz) and high contract (Wideman or Ryder) to get ie Souray,Kaberle,Sharp,Semin,Fehr,St.Louis,Malone etc.
    (4) Did PC sell his soul by signing a contract with Lucifer's son to guarantee a Stanley Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I remember Satan as a speed threat, fast and can score goals, Milbury says hes not a worker but with Juliens style he will either become one or be gone,,I think he will step up, play hard and help out on the wing with savard..Het right now anythings better than begin on there..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

Anyone against this signing is nuts.  The price is a bargain, and I seem to remember Savard clicking very well last year with a speedy winger who doesn't give the full effort (i.e. - Kessel).  The Bruins are tight enough defensively, and I just do not believe Satan, no matter how lazy he is, will have a huge negative impact on the defensive side of the puck.  On the other hand, the guy has speed and a definite scoring touch.  Satan will help the Bruins stretch opponents defenses a lot more than they can now, which will either lead to goals by Satan or a more manueverable neutral zone for the breakout.  He's a few years past his prime, but some of the players in the Bruins lineup are still a few years from reaching theirs (Wheeler, Sobotka). AND, the guy won a cup with Pittsburgh last year... hopefully he is still contagious Wink

Solid move.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Does anyone know how this guy does in shoot-outs?  After all, the team is not doing that great in the OTL category.  IMO, this is what's separating them from Buffalo right now.  In fact, I'll take a 4th-liner who is outstanding in the overtime breakaway situation...should bring a few more points; hopefully improve the playoff position.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CupRun2009. Show CupRun2009's posts

I don't want to simply re-state what has already been said here, but let's look at the facts :
    1. This is not a fix. This is taking a flyer on a guy who came cheap on the FA market who has been a goal scorer his entire career. Obviously a shell of himself, but if you can get a guy who has better potential of turning the red light on than Begin or Bitz, why not?
    2. The other guys have not been able to fill in on the LW w/ Savard. You have to try SOMETHING.
    3. I believe that he's probably going to take Ryder's position in the high slot on the #1PP. We'll see how the chemistry between him, Savard, and Recchi works out.
    4. Yeah, he's lazy. He was sent down to the A last yr after not clicking w/ Crosby. We're not looking for a +/- leader, though. We're looking for a guy that can hopefully bury some chances that Bitz/Begin couldn't and possibly some PP chances
    5. He is not ready as of Jan. 3. He hasn't even been playing, only working out in Long Island w/ Dipietro when he was injured. He needs some conditioning work and to get his "game timing" acclimated.

Bottom line - cheap, a stopgap, and can hopefully bury a few more chances tht other guys couldn't. As I said, not a fix, but given the offensive woes, why not take a flyer?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Its a band aid move. Beats having Begin on Line One! Satan isnt the same guy that he was in Buffalo...but he could be somewhat effective with Savard. 350,000 is worth testing chemistry for a few months..

Sections
Shortcuts