Sauve!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Sauve!

Was it just me or was Max Sauve the best player on the ice tonight?  Lots of guys looked good, but Sauve looked down right dangerous.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

Re: Sauve!

he looked good, a lot of guys looked good. Couple slick passes from Seguin, Caron seemed to get himself in the right spot, I like Button too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

So did Colburne get hurt... did you guys see it if so?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Sauve!:
    [QUOTE]So did Colburne get hurt... did you guys see it if so?
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  Nasty little cheap shot elbow rocked him pretty good.  Lots of blood and he looked woozy skating off.  DiBenedetto got a 5-minute major match penalty.  Too bad for Colborne - he had a good game and deserves better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicanator17. Show lucicanator17's posts

CARON hands down best player on the high hes size speed physical skills awesome

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Vive la France rico Sauve has got some wheels and Colborne is spitting chiclets with a broken nose he'll  be fine no more college cage young Joe head up youngster head up.

Caron has a nose for the net he's going to be good when he can do that against NHL players it will take a little bit of time but he'll get it. Jordan and Seguin have some chemistry me thinks there was a reason those two were together they're going to be fun too watch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

colbourne was in an ambulance after the game face a bloody mess

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

offical colbourne broken nose out tonight

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The debate about who was better, Caron, Sauve Colburne - is a very very good thing.

Providence is going to be STACKED this year.

If there are call ups, I see the same thing happening as 09-10 where you argue that one or another should replace someone in the current lineup.  That is excellent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from choclab511. Show choclab511's posts

Couldn't agree more BadHab. The fact that 11,000 + show up for a rookie game and that we are debating the merits of potential legit talent boads very well for this team in the coming years. If PC doesn't screw anything up, I think we've got the makings of a strong team built for a sustained run.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In his interview, Chiarelli commented that he thought there were more plays made last night than in the past two rookie tournaments combined.  At least that's what I think he was trying to say.  Definately a change for the better ... and basically an admission by him that until now the prospect farm was a bit on the thin side.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjake5236. Show emjake5236's posts

Sauve looked great, i have to agree....He reminded me of Marco Sturm a little bit but with a little more flash. But I think we might have something with Sauve!

Caron will be good for the B's as well- Colborne looked good and I think Seguin will be a nice player as well. Those 4 stuck out to me last night.

Seguin didn't do anything that "wowed" me, but he was heads up and made some great passes all night. I'm excited to see if he can take it to the net. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

why any doubts about Chiarelli. He , and his team, are building more quality and capability, so knock off the stupid comments and applaud the results. Sauve is really coming on as he fills out his lanky frame and still has his speed. Along with caron and colborne he will be exactly what Peter has been talking about for the last few years. All three look like they will negate any need for pricey free agents in the near future up front. This allows for concentration on the Defense. We all know the qualities of Chara, but, what would it take to replace him?? Maybe  a Shea Weber ? or a twosome that allows Seidenberg to skate on 2nd D and Boychuck to skate on 3rd D??? May never happen, but must be explored to match up with the future offense of Caron/Seguin/Horton; Wheeler/Kreji/Colborne;Lucic/Bergeron/Knight plus Sauve and Alexandrov/ Button. Makes your mouth water in anticipation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Vive la France rico Sauve has got some wheels and Colborne is spitting chiclets with a broken nose he'll  be fine no more college cage young Joe head up youngster head up. Caron has a nose for the net he's going to be good when he can do that against NHL players it will take a little bit of time but he'll get it. Jordan and Seguin have some chemistry me thinks there was a reason those two were together they're going to be fun too watch.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Colborne's head position had nothing to do with it. He didn't get elbowed, he got MacDermid's stick across his face. MacDermid was the one who got elbowed.
    And he wasn't spitting chiclets - he has a chipped tooth and some stitches in his lip.

Sauve played a good game, but he wasn't the best player on the ice. Caron probably made the best impression, but a lot of guys played well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sauve! : Colborne's head position had nothing to do with it. He didn't get elbowed, he got MacDermid's stick across his face. MacDermid  was the one who got elbowed. And he wasn't spitting chiclets - he has a chipped tooth and some stitches in his lip. Sauve played a good game, but he wasn't the best player on the ice. Caron probably made the best impression, but a lot of guys played well.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't realize this either -- perhaps because I was watching a streamed 3-inch frame on my laptop.  Too bad for Colborne though, who was playing well and was probably just getting used to skating without the cage again after college.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Well, it looks like Sauve had 2 more assists in the second Bruins Rookies game, both on Spooner goals.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Sauve!:
    [QUOTE]Was it just me or was Max Sauve the best player on the ice tonight?  Lots of guys looked good, but Sauve looked down right dangerous.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Lots of guys looked good tonight?  Really?  Don't get me wrong, I'm pumped to see these guys in Bruins uniforms in the near future, but they played pretty sloppy tonight.  Which is expected, because they are rookies.  Sauve, Spooner, Hutchinson, and Bartkowski all looked pretty strong tonight, but other than that is was just meh. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Goodness,Seguin has an ordinary night at best on face-offs(not as bad as would have you believe but there a few where it certainly looked really ugly)and wasn't as sharp or consistent as he was in rookie game 1.But it must be noted that his minutes were limited for some reason tonight and his overall game wasn't what it was last night;still he had his moments(especially passing) where his extrodinary skills,maturity,instincts and his complete game abilities were obvious.So what happens?A few make the determination that he is not NHL ready,at least as a center,and he didn't perform as well as he did last night so maybe he's not ready for the NHL at all at this point.Please,it's the kids second game in a Bruins uniform and you're already on him,making decisions that even the worst coach in the history of the game even in pee-wee hockey would not begin to make after a scant few days.Everyone is entitled to express their opinion in this country and I would defend to the death your right to do so,and did back in the sixties but remember you aren't helping any of these young men gain the confidence they need to fully realize their potential and may influence some who aren't as fortunate as we are to watch practices and rookie and preseason games.Such hasty decisions can hurt the team you support and these young men who you must know read just about everything available their team,as you and I,in likelihood,would do if we were their positions.Please a little patience.Tonight's game wasn't exciting from either team's perspective and a bunch of the kids looked more than a bit tight,something that should not surprise anyone.Those on each who showed well this evening were those who have been around a couple of years and a couple of camps,though one draftee,Pooner who has in juniors shown great speed and offensive potential was flying around all night.their are a half dozen or moreyoungsters on this roster that I believe could well be outstanding players this year and in the future(Personally,I am excited about the B's top three picks,Seguin,Knight and spooner and a couple of the defensemen they drafted including the young Russian defenseman who the guys sitting near me tonight have already nicknamed andro, he isn't big enough yet but he has an impressive stick and positioning ability.Again,give them a little time before you relegate any of them back to the juniors or minor leagues or career of mediocricy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]  Goodness,Seguin has an ordinary night at best on face-offs(not as bad as would have you believe but there a few where it certainly looked really ugly)and wasn't as sharp or consistent as he was in rookie game 1.But it must be noted that his minutes were limited for some reason tonight and his overall game wasn't what it was last night;still he had his moments(especially passing) where his extrodinary skills,maturity,instincts and his complete game abilities were obvious.So what happens?A few make the determination that he is not NHL ready,at least as a center,and he didn't perform as well as he did last night so maybe he's not ready for the NHL at all at this point.Please,it's the kids second game in a Bruins uniform and you're already on him,making decisions that even the worst coach in the history of the game even in pee-wee hockey would not begin to make after a scant few days.Everyone is entitled to express their opinion in this country and I would defend to the death your right to do so,and did back in the sixties but remember you aren't helping any of these young men gain the confidence they need to fully realize their potential and may influence some who aren't as fortunate as we are to watch practices and rookie and preseason games.Such hasty decisions can hurt the team you support and these young men who you must know read just about everything available their team,as you and I,in likelihood,would do if we were their positions.Please a little patience.Tonight's game wasn't exciting from either team's perspective and a bunch of the kids looked more than a bit tight,something that should not surprise anyone.Those on each who showed well this evening were those who have been around a couple of years and a couple of camps,though one draftee,Pooner who has in juniors shown great speed and offensive potential was flying around all night.their are a half dozen or moreyoungsters on this roster that I believe could well be outstanding players this year and in the future(Personally,I am excited about the B's top three picks,Seguin,Knight and spooner and a couple of the defensemen they drafted including the young Russian defenseman who the guys sitting near me tonight have already nicknamed andro, he isn't big enough yet but he has an impressive stick and positioning ability.Again,give them a little time before you relegate any of them back to the juniors or minor leagues or career of mediocricy.
    Posted by kebbe[/QUOTE]

Couple of things:

1. Your post would be much easier to read if you broke it up into paragraphs.

2. What did you expect? There are a significant number of fans who'll put a kid in the Hall of Fame if he plays a good game, and condemn him forever if he plays a bad one. We live in a world of instant gratification, and by extension instant judgement. God forbid that a teen-aged boy playing for the first time as a pro should stumble and falter a little bit. (Sometimes I wonder if these fans are parents, and if they stood over their children shouting, "Don't you dare toddle! WALK, dammit, WALK!!")

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Sauve! : Lots of guys looked good tonight?  Really?  Don't get me wrong, I'm pumped to see these guys in Bruins uniforms in the near future, but they played pretty sloppy tonight.  Which is expected, because they are rookies.  Sauve, Spooner, Hutchinson, and Bartkowski all looked pretty strong tonight, but other than that is was just meh. 
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

Whoa, slow down sailor.  I'm not saying anything about their NHL futures or careers -- I'm just saying that the prime Bruins prospects looks good in the first rookie game.  And, in case you weren't watching, they did look good.  I'm talking about Sauve, Caron, Seguin, Colborne, Arniel and Button in particular.   They looked good, that's all.  No predictions of NHL careers, but a little something to get excited about before the season begins.  Gotta get excited about something this time of year and I can't recall a batch of rookies that looked this good in quite a while.  Sauve was better than I expected against his peers tonight.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Fan-In-MD. Show Bruins-Fan-In-MD's posts

[QUOTE]offical colbourne broken nose out tonight
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

INCORRECT:  Your source is bad.  No broken nose.

Aside from 20-plus stitches and some swelling, Joe Colborne was in good spirits, given that he had gotten the news that his nose wasn't broken last night. Colborne, knocked woozy by Lane MacDermid's stick in last night's third period, believes he'll be ready to participate in Saturday's first on-ice session.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sauve! : INCORRECT:  Your source is bad.  No broken nose. Aside from 20-plus stitches and some swelling, Joe Colborne was in good spirits, given that he had gotten the news that his nose wasn't broken last night. Colborne, knocked woozy by Lane MacDermid's stick in last night's third period, believes he'll be ready to participate in Saturday's first on-ice session. Colborne will wear a full cage. http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2010/09/no_broken_nose.html
    Posted by Bruins-Fan-In-MD[/QUOTE]

THe orginal word from PC was that he had a broken nose, they found out yesterday he didn't. He claimed he was ready to play if they let him.

Side note - Sauve looked very good in both games - Spooner looked like a different player - not just the 2 goals, but the great backhand feed to Alexandrov in OT, that should've ended the game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Sauve!:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sauve! : Colborne's head position had nothing to do with it. He didn't get elbowed, he got MacDermid's stick across his face. MacDermid  was the one who got elbowed. And he wasn't spitting chiclets - he has a chipped tooth and some stitches in his lip. Sauve played a good game, but he wasn't the best player on the ice. Caron probably made the best impression, but a lot of guys played well.Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Always so serious Duinne I didn't say he got elbowed and I still say Joe needs to play better with his head up (or he would have seen the stick coming at his face and yes I watched the play) and Colborne will be wearing a cage in Providence because of the play. I was mistaken about the initial report of a broken nose.

Caron may have gotten the hat trick and more than likely will be beat Sauve up to the NHL but Maxime smoked every rookie in overall play than any other Bruin in the lineup without question he was everywhere.