Savard and Sturm

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

Savard and Sturm

It sounds like both Savvya nd Sturm have started to work out and are about to start skating, if they haven't done so already. 

Who makes it back first?

How far over the cap will the Bruins be when the first comes back?  I think their cap hits are relatively similar (3.5 vs 4).  What moves do the Bruins needs to make to get cap compliant when Savard or Sturm comes back?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Savard and Sturm

One coming back is not a problem (even if it is Savard), they will still exceed the cap but will have LTIR room because of the other player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

When both come back - McGrattan and Caron will be sent down. Pick one of the two - Hunwick or McQuaid, Paille or Marchand. Ryder will either be sent down or traded. Bs are under the cap right now, that's why they can have 3 healthy scratches.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from choclab511. Show choclab511's posts

What I've started to wonder is where would either/both end up in the lineup? DK/ML/NH line to me stays the same unless it goes arctic cold. So that leaves, what, Bergie/Rechi/Seguin and Savard/Wheeler/Ryder or Caron? When Sturm comes back, who goes, both Ryder and Caron? I really like the 4th line so I wouldn't necessarily touch that one either. Who stays and who goes is as interesting to me as who plays with whom?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Caron is not going anywhere you can credit him for Hunwick's goal last night with a great screen. It will be Marchand and Ryder down, Hunwick gone for a conditional 3rd or 4th so that Mcgratton can be kept around for games against Toronto, Pittsburgh, Rangers, Philly, Ottawa and Montreal to prevent head hunting.

Sturm and Savard's minutes will be low for awhile so their heads don't explode. Bartkowski and McQuaid will do just fine platooning the # 6 spot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Interesting would be to do this:

Lucic Krejci Horton (untouched)

Seguin Bergeron Caron (Bergeron with the kids would be great)

Marchand Campbell Recchi (Three pests)

Sturm Savard Wheeler (Use as a fourth line until SS get caught up and then make it a second or third; could also switch Marchand and Wheeler)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Savard and Sturm:
    [QUOTE]It sounds like both Savvya nd Sturm have started to work out and are about to start skating, if they haven't done so already.  Who makes it back first? How far over the cap will the Bruins be when the first comes back?  I think their cap hits are relatively similar (3.5 vs 4).  What moves do the Bruins needs to make to get cap compliant when Savard or Sturm comes back?
    Posted by gapc[/QUOTE]

That is why Savard should have never been resigned in the first place. Cap issues. But Chia didn't have the foresight to see Savard declining & Krejci improving. That decision should have been made long before Savard's concussion. Terrible contract.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Interesting observation:

Lucic, Savard, Horton, Wheeler, Krejčí, Ryder, Sturm, Bergeron, Seguin, Recchi, Campbell, Thornton

Chara, Seidenberg, Ference, Boychuk, Stuart, Hunwick

Thomas, Rask

This set of 20 players would be under the cap if Rask hadn't hit his bonuses.
    *Edited so people would stop thinking that this post was about line combinations.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Savard and Sturm:
    [QUOTE]Interesting observation: Lucic-Savard-Horton Wheeler-Krejčí-Ryder Sturm-Bergeron-Seguin Recchi-Campbell-Thornton Chara-Seidenberg Ference-Boychuk Stuart-Hunwick Thomas-Rask This set of 20 players would be under the cap if Rask hadn't hit his bonuses.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

So if Krejci, Lucic & Horton continue with there current play you would be willing to replace Krejci with Savard? Really?

Krejci's line has been awesome so far. Why replace him with Savard? I don't even think Horton would be to pleased with that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Caron is not going anywhere you can credit him for Hunwick's goal last night with a great screen. It will be Marchand and Ryder down, Hunwick gone for a conditional 3rd or 4th so that Mcgratton can be kept around for games against Toronto, Pittsburgh, Rangers, Philly, Ottawa and Montreal to prevent head hunting. Sturm and Savard's minutes will be low for awhile so their heads don't explode. Bartkowski and McQuaid will do just fine platooning the # 6 spot.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Savard will be on LTIR for awhile, concussions are such a prognosis that the NHL leadership will not question longer convalesce. The Bs management will use that factor to make sure Savard is ready for the playoffs.  As for Sturm, he will be back first undoubtedly.  He is a functional third liner now whose value goes up during the last year of his contract, translated to he can be traded at the deadline if necessary.  Caron is a keeper not because of his advanced skills but he is not afraid to stand in front of the net.  I am holding out on Hunwick as he is an excellent skater whose confidence was shaken by the removal of his spleen then his less the stellar play last year.  Barkowski I read is not doing well in Providence.  McQuaid needs improvement, so I agree McGratton is the fill in when the physicality is necessary.  I am watching Marchand, but the better side of logic is let Paille play and trade him at the deadline if and only if Marchand can handle the NHL... in my book no way.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Seguin looks like a center so far, too many centers,but if Seguin stalls the next 4-6 weeks look for him to be Savys wing when Savy comes back.Thinking ahead but Savy could rescue the rookie if things go south.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard and Sturm : So if Krejci, Lucic & Horton continue with there current play you would be willing to replace Krejci with Savard? Really? Krejci's line has been awesome so far. Why replace him with Savard? I don't even think Horton would be to pleased with that.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]
    The point of my post was the lineup and cap hit, not the actual lines.  That lineup is no longer possible, someone will have to be moved.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

THank god one of you isnt the coach. The Krejci, Horton, Lucic line is not going anywhere....I love savard, but he can play with anyone, at least he has been able to in the past. I have a feeling Ryder will be the odd man out....Correct me if Im wrong, but he may be the only one without a NO Movement clause that would reduce the 4 mill overage. He just seems to be the most likely candidate. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Savard and Sturm:[QUOTE]In Response to Savard and Sturm : That is why Savard should have never been resigned in the first place. Cap issues. But Chia didn't have the foresight to see Savard declining & Krejci improving. That decision should have been made long before Savard's concussion. Terrible contract. Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

Yah the Bruins PP has been awesome without Savard once again showing no knowledge of hockey whatsoever. If Krejci is so much better then why is the PP so abysmal ? Can't wait to hear the spin...

While were at it Thomas, another one of you favorites, has been terrible as well  Eh ? Newfie "Ahh umm well it's early in the season you just wait!"

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

IF savard comesback the lineup could be tweaked to

Horton Krejci Lucic
    Savard Bergeron Caron
    Recchi Seguin Ryder
    Thornton Campbell Wheeler

Marchand, Paille

I don't even want to think about where to insert and who to drop once Sturm is healthy. The team is playing so well right now , its best not to mess things up too much.

We have a good looking team this season

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Its time to send Sturm packing.

Sections
Shortcuts