Savard has grade two concussion. How are concussions graded?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Savard has grade two concussion. How are concussions graded?

Not being in the medical field maybe someone can explain this for me. Pittsburghs G.M says it was a clean hit, I disagree as Cooke clearly extended his elbow and tried to injure Savard. Also not only did Thomas get ran over right after the hit, Malkin shot the puck in the net after the whistle which is another no no in hockey. The Bruins are a poorly coached team, and not responding because of the score did not lead to the Bruins winning but rather looking like a lost beaten team!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Notex. Show Notex's posts

Re: Savard has grade two concussion. How are concussions graded?

im not an expert but i know that its only based upon loss of consciousness and time you are "dizzy" for nothing "medical" - google it...

Honestly - concussion treatment is laughable and probably the only thing worse is concussion prevention...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I did some digging and wanted to know more as well NotaWino. This site seems to be the easiest for layman like me whom couldn't have been further from ever being considered any consideration for med school.

Ahh ditch digging is so much fun LoL!

http://orthopedics.about.com/od/sportsinjuries/a/concussion.htm

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Pittsburgh and Crosby are the leagues poster-boys... there won't be any serious penalties handed down over this (if any.) And on the 18th, we'll be told to sit like good dogs or else... and we'll do it because we just aren't the Big Bad Bruins anymore (and I hope I'm wrong on this!)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

watch out manny blind sheep on here don't like when posters call a spade a spade i have been saying it all season and i woul get responses like he won coach of the year last year........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BatmanJWO. Show BatmanJWO's posts

Well, I have received a grade one concussion while umpiring baseball. I saw stars and my eyes literally crossed. I was sick to my stomach for a couple days. (What fun it was to umpire the very next day. Luckily no shots to the head on that day.) Trust me, it wasn't fun but I was functional. I was back to normal, well for me anyway, a week later.

I am assuming that a grade two is much more severe. He was KO'd briefly. I am assuming that his motor skills are impared, but not to the point of the Bergeron concussion.

Bergeron's, grade 3, I believe is the worst. He was completely out. He was really adverse to light for a long period. I read somewhere where he had to learn to walk again. What he wanted to do and what he could do clashed for a long while.

All in all, I think Savard is done for the year. With 18 or so games left, I doubt that he will be playing anytime soon. With the way that they are playing this year, I say shelf him and get him back 100% next year when they get the new sticks that are made of wood and not plastic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BatmanJWO. Show BatmanJWO's posts

In Response to Savard has grade two concussion. How are concussions graded?:
    Not being in the medical field maybe someone can explain this for me. Pittsburghs G.M says it was a clean hit, I disagree as Cooke clearly extended his elbow and tried to injure Savard. Also not only did Thomas get ran over right after the hit, Malkin shot the puck in the net after the whistle which is another no no in hockey. The Bruins are a poorly coached team, and not responding because of the score did not lead to the Bruins winning but rather looking like a lost beaten team!!!!!!
    Posted by notacryingwino

Your post stated that the offense is a nightmare. However, I disagree. Nightmares are scary. NO ONE is afraid of this team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

grade I concussion is associated with no loss of consciousness and symptoms of confusion last less than 15 minutes. Grade II is the same, except symptoms last longer than 15 minutes. In grade III, loss of consciousness does occur.[2] Grade III can be further divided into grades IIIa and IIIb, with brief loss of consciousness (measured in seconds) and prolonged loss of consciousness (measured in minutes) respectively.[9] According to the AAN, permanent brain injury can occur with either Grade II or Grade III concussion

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

theres a chance his game will never be the same.
    its a goddamn shame too.  Cmon B's! Time to do something about this!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Thanks everyone I now know the difference. Bruins fans rule!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

In Response to Savard has grade two concussion. How are concussions graded?:
    Posted by notacryingwino

1-2-3 ...3 being the worst out of the that bunch Patrice had a grade 3 I have a feeling we won't be seeing Savard till the playoffs if the the b"s make the post season.

Sections
Shortcuts