Savard - just sayin..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Savard - just sayin..

Here is my (ir)rational thinking:
    1) Bruins need cap space
    2) Bruins are playing great w/o Savard (right now, anyways)
    3) Savard may or may not still be realing from the summer trade talk and want out
    4) Buffalo is realing and has cap space
    5) Buffalo is in dire need of a premier playmaking center
    6) Buffalo NY is close to "home" for Savard

Would it make sense to move Savard to Buffalo (I know, within the division) for say, draft picks and/or prospects (Eberle)? I know Buffalo may have to tweak their roster but consider that it would solve problems for both temas and we could get a failty high pick from the deal.

McFly? Beuhler? (ducking as tomatos start hurling my way)

Bring it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Savard - just sayin..

Savard is 100% un-tradeable due to his health.  The only team he will play for this year, if any, is the B's.  And if he does come back, it wouldn't shock me if we don't see him until Feb/March.  Just my gut feeling.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

How does Eberle get in the deal?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

All players should be considered when talking trades, Savard is no different.  I would not mind if the B's traded him to Buffalo, even if they're in the division.  It's just a matter of what the Sabres are willing to give up.  If Chiarelli believes the Sabres' offer is less than Savard's value, then don't trade him. 

That being said, Buffalo doesn't really have much in terms of prospects/young NHL-ready talent.  So I don't really know who the Bruins would be interested in if they were to trade with Buffalo. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Any trade to relive Boston's cap issues would be considered a "soft" deal because really, they can not afford to take any $$ back.

I really have a strang hunch Buffalo would be a probable destination for Savard, but I would also be totally fine if he stayed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: Savard - just sayin..:
    Any trade to relive Boston's cap issues would be considered a "soft" deal because really, they can not afford to take any $$ back. I really have a strang hunch Buffalo would be a probable destination for Savard, but I would also be totally fine if he stayed.
    Posted by bridgemanusa

Enough of this "soft deal" stuff.  It's just a bullsh_t term started by Bob McKenzie at the beginning of the offseason.  The Bruins have other ways to get under the cap once Savard and Sturm get back.  They're not to trade Savvy away for nothing.  They'll stick Sturm and/or Ryder in Providence before they do that. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

Never a good idea to trade within the division.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Never a good idea to trade within the division.
    Posted by everyname

What about the Phil Kessel trade?  The Tuukka Rask deal?  The Daniel Paille trade?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J0646. Show J0646's posts

Never a good idea to trade within the Division? It depends on who you get. As for Eberle, isn't he already under contract to the Oilers? If so, the Sabres would be more than pleased to trade him, or any other player under contract to a different team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I think he meant Ennis as in Tyler instead of Eberle.. Secondly Buffalo would never take on Savard's 6 mil per year or even cap hit of a measly 4.5 mil.. This organization is as cheap in running an NHL team as there is.. They get rid of good talent in a blink of an eye.. Connoly and Roy you will see will be playing elsewhere next year because Sabres management will not pay them..

I don't know about the rest of you but the Bruins NEED Savard and quick.. You just dont get rid of a 80-90 point guy ..The sooner he comes back the better this team will be..provided he is healthy of course.. I still would like to see him play with Horton and Lucic and get Krejci back with Wheeler and Ryder?or if Ryder is gone due to cap reasons .. then Tyler Seguin.. That would give the Bruins more dangerous attack and teams could not concentrate on one line only..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I think he meant Ennis as in Tyler instead of Eberle.. Secondly Buffalo would never take on Savard's 6 mil per year or even cap hit of a measly 4.5 mil.. This organization is as cheap in running an NHL team as there is.. They get rid of good talent in a blink of an eye.. Connoly and Roy you will see will be playing elsewhere next year because Sabres management will not pay them.. I don't know about the rest of you but the Bruins NEED Savard and quick.. You just dont get rid of a 80-90 point guy ..The sooner he comes back the better this team will be..provided he is healthy of course.. I still would like to see him play with Horton and Lucic and get Krejci back with Wheeler and Ryder?or if Ryder is gone due to cap reasons .. then Tyler Seguin.. That would give the Bruins more dangerous attack and teams could not concentrate on one line only..
    Posted by cowboys9

I agree.  Why people want to run the B's most productive offensive player out of town is beyond me.  There are much better alternatives to alleviating the cap issue than trying to trade Savard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Never a good idea to trade within the Division? It depends on who you get. As for Eberle, isn't he already under contract to the Oilers? If so, the Sabres would be more than pleased to trade him, or any other player under contract to a different team.
    Posted by J0646

Eberle is in fact an Oiler. maybe he meant Ennis?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

LOL @ Savard for Eberle.

Even a HEALTHY 30+ goal scoring, 90+ pnt Savard wouldn't pull that off

I'm just not sure the OP realizes how much of a stud Eberle is-- he's one of the top prospects in the whole league and is out-performing everyone one his oilers team as a rookie....

Edmonton does need a center-- so I understand what you're trying to accomplish with this trade. However , Eberle, Paajarvi, Hall, are all off-limits Their upside is immense and the oilers can pay them 800,000 per year for the next three years.

I mean, imagine if the shoe was on the other foot, and someone tried to trade us Marc Savard for Tyler Seguin... would you do that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

How does Eberle get in the deal ? Posted by Fletcher1

Duh Chevy Chase Darcy Regier and Steve Tambelleni have to make a trade first can't you read between the lines ? Sorry couldn't resist LoL!

Bridge, I was wondering when another "Trade Savard" would come up. Oh and the Bruins have 1 powerplay goal on the road this year ain't gonna cut it as the season moves on. Oh yah Krejci really has made me miss Savard quite a bit thought David was supposed to have taken the reigns by now ? Nope!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Horton - Krejic - Lucic
    Seguin - Savard - Wheeler/Sturm/Ryder
    Recchi - Bergeron - Caron
    Marchand - Campbell - Thornton

Chara - Boychuk
    Seids - Stuart
    Ference - Hunwick/McQuaid

Thomas
    Rask

Done.

Looks like 2 of the 3 between Wheeler, Ryder, and Sturm will be out. Enough of this trade Thomas and Savard, ain't happening this year. Paille is also gone or buried in Providence.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

In Response to Re: Savard - just sayin.. : Eberle is in fact an Oiler. maybe he meant Ennis?
    Posted by WalkTheLine

My bad.. actually I meant Gerbe.

And no, I do not want to trade Savard but if they have to I am just looking at possible fits.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

I'm sorry, there is no one on Buffalo I'd trade for...and certainly not Savard.  Buffalo is horrible and no one on that team can play Bruins hockey.  A bunch of Tim Connoley's who like getting pushed around.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Horton - Krejic - Lucic Seguin - Savard - Wheeler/Sturm/Ryder Recchi - Bergeron - Caron Marchand - Campbell - Thornton Chara - Boychuk Seids - Stuart Ference - Hunwick/McQuaid Thomas Rask Done. Looks like 2 of the 3 between Wheeler, Ryder, and Sturm will be out. Enough of this trade Thomas and Savard, ain't happening this year. Paille is also gone or buried in Providence.
    Posted by nrguy

If this can work I say this. Most likely I hope weeler stays.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bad contract, bad health.

Yeah, Savard will draw a king's ransom.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Bad contract, bad health. Yeah, Savard will draw a king's ransom.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Keep in mind that Edmonton, with all of the success they've had in recent years, is looking to break up the party and unload their top flight prospects and future cornerstones of the franchise, you know, to get out from under those costly entry level contracts and bring in some clinically depressed older guys on the LTIR with expensive contracts through 2017.  And Buffalo is the perfect intermediary...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Savard - just sayin..:
    Here is my (ir)rational thinking: 1) Bruins need cap space 2) Bruins are playing great w/o Savard (right now, anyways) 3) Savard may or may not still be realing from the summer trade talk and want out 4) Buffalo is realing and has cap space 5) Buffalo is in dire need of a premier playmaking center 6) Buffalo NY is close to "home" for Savard Would it make sense to move Savard to Buffalo (I know, within the division) for say, draft picks and/or prospects (Eberle)? I know Buffalo may have to tweak their roster but consider that it would solve problems for both temas and we could get a failty high pick from the deal. McFly? Beuhler? (ducking as tomatos start hurling my way) Bring it.
    Posted by bridgemanusa

I have seen four video interviews with Savard this fall (NESN,  bostonbruins.com, Comcast). In all four he reiterated that he loves Boston, loves the Bruins and signed a long-term contract with every intention of staying with this team and winning a Stanley Cup.

He also stated, more than once, that Chiarelli had been in contact with him and said that he was not "on the block," contrary to media rumors. ::cough::Murphy::cough::

And as other have pointed out, the Bruins are a much better team with Marc Savard. You don't take a PPG player out of your lineup and improve. Sure, they're playing well at the moment, but it's a long season, and they'll need him before all is said and done.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Yeah, Diunne.

And with the Krejci line clicking offensively, it's making me giddy to think about this teams offense potential by adding savard.

Savard can really be eased into the line-up, won't need to play huge minutes, and can get days off.

Should be great.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Hangnail is 100% correct. No one is going to trade for a guy that will cost lots of money, and might never play for your team. Until Savard shows he is healthy and playing up to star status, no one is going to make the deal.

Sections
Shortcuts