Savard May Want Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from duffster99. Show duffster99's posts

Savard May Want Out

Interesting report on Hockey Night in Canada reported that new contract talks have not gone well with Marc Savard. According to the report Marc's family has moved to Toronto.

Interesting stuff

It was funny to hear Mike Milbury comment on Marc Savard. Mike commented on Marc's defense. Mike also commented on Marc's Salary saying that he was not worth anymore than the 5 million he is getting paid. Mike did comment on this more than once. When someone commented he maybe seeking around 6 to 6.5 million Mike totally disagreed.

It seems that next year Marc Savard, Mark Reechi could be gone. Who in their right mind will call the B's contenders. Patrice |Bergeron is not someone you can build around and neither is Krejci. Neither one is a stud number two center. IU must admit Krejci has the potential as a number two however Bergeron don't think so.

If Bruins cannot sign Marc Savard hope they trade him this year to get a first round pick and perhaps a second and a half decent player. Boston could be in a good postion to rebuild this team.

In the long run Tim Tomas' contract will be a problem Way too long to sign him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Re: Savard May Want Out

I have to say I disagree with your assessment of both Krejci and Bergeron.  I think both are solid number 2 centers and (being only a few months apart in age) have potential to solid 1st line centers.  I think Krejci has a much higher ceiling as he clearly is a gifted passer with an ability to score (+20 goals last season).  I do agree that something seems strange about the Savard situation.  I hope he isn't playing the media game to drive up his price, saying he wants to stay in Boston but buying a home (if thats right) outside Toronto. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HeraldReader08. Show HeraldReader08's posts

You didn't say nice things about the Bruins duffster, it's only a matter of time before duinne calls you a "hab fan" or a "hater"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

In Response to Re: Savard May Want Out:
    [QUOTE]You didn't say nice things about the Bruins duffster, it's only a matter of time before duinne calls you a "hab fan" or a "hater"
    Posted by HeraldReader08[/QUOTE]

Do you post here to discuss the B's or rail on other posters?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HeraldReader08. Show HeraldReader08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard May Want Out : Do you post here to discuss the B's or rail on other posters?
    Posted by TuukkainNet[/QUOTE]

Do you post on here to complain or put your nose in other peoples buisness?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

That's not answering the question. 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard May Want Out : Do you post on here to complain or put your nose in other peoples buisness?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

definitely, definitely, 73 points in his first full year, LED in the NHL in +/- LED the NHL in points per game for 10 weeks, was good on faceoffs, powerplay, and penalty kill, definitely, definitely not a guy you can build around, absolutely not, no way, no way, if people in boston think he is anything but a fourth line grinder then their crazy.....i wouldn't be surprised if the bruins find their 3.75 million guy in the press box frequently........jesus

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard May Want Out : Do you post on here to complain or put your nose in other peoples buisness?

Congrats.....your the 4th person I'm going to ignore.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Folks, please don't believe everything you hear especially when it comes out of Toronto, the self-proclaimed center of the hockey universe.  Two weeks ago, the Toronto Sun had a short byline informing readers Lucic will miss "only a few games."  I guess if you view missing between 4 to 6 weeks worth of games "only a few" as opposed to him being out as long as, say, Brodeur was last year, then yes, I suppose missing potentially 6 weeks of play really is "a few."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft26. Show huscroft26's posts

Whats with all the whiners in every discussion? Looks like a bunch of 4th graders

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

pathetic post. pathetic thread.

more garbage coming out of the boston.com forums

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear8. Show bear8's posts

In Response to Savard May Want Out: First of all, the jury is out on managements decision to let Kessel go. The guy was an explosive skater and had unbelievable hands, would of had 40 this year. Can`t get these guys every day. Now if they let Savard go, consistent 90 point guy and one of the best centers in the league. I`m ready to give up on the management of this team, its truly pathetic. Furthermore, Milbury is a moron, he butchered the Islander team when he was in charge and if I was running NESN, I would fire Milbury for being such a hypocrit, he glorifies Savard on that network but shits on him during a CBC broadcast. Senseless idiot.

bear8
    [QUOTE]Interesting report on Hockey Night in Canada reported that new contract talks have not gone well with Marc Savard. According to the report Marc's family has moved to Toronto. Interesting stuff It was funny to hear Mike Milbury comment on Marc Savard. Mike commented on Marc's defense. Mike also commented on Marc's Salary saying that he was not worth anymore than the 5 million he is getting paid. Mike did comment on this more than once. When someone commented he maybe seeking around 6 to 6.5 million Mike totally disagreed. It seems that next year Marc Savard, Mark Reechi could be gone. Who in their right mind will call the B's contenders. Patrice |Bergeron is not someone you can build around and neither is Krejci. Neither one is a stud number two center. IU must admit Krejci has the potential as a number two however Bergeron don't think so. If Bruins cannot sign Marc Savard hope they trade him this year to get a first round pick and perhaps a second and a half decent player. Boston could be in a good postion to rebuild this team. In the long run Tim Tomas' contract will be a problem Way too long to sign him.
    Posted by duffster99[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duffster99. Show duffster99's posts

[QUOTE]You didn't say nice things about the Bruins duffster, it's only a matter of time before duinne calls you a "hab fan" or a "hater"

You know it is funny. I am from Canada and probably the biggest fan of the bruins in here. I have watched more games on tv mind you then most or all you people in here. I am just being honest. Patrice Bergeron is no No#2 Center. The guy is a good all round player and is a good third line center at this point. Krejci may become a good number 2 guy but not ready for that yet. Reember he is young and has only one year under his belt. He is not there yet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duffster99. Show duffster99's posts

I am the biggest bruins fan ever. I have watched more games via tv in the last ten years then most if not all of you people. I HATE MONTREAL,

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicanator17. Show lucicanator17's posts

savy said in a interview a week ago that he loves boston he wants to be here

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Costas-V. Show Costas-V's posts

Wow Bergeron isn't someone to build around?  That was the direction the Bruins were going in before he got his concussions! Bergeron was are young up and coming future star before he got hurt, and at 23 years old he still is. Have you been watching the games this season?  He was been skating and playing like his old self again.  If you put Bergeron with capable wingers he would put up 90 plus like savard also.  For all of those critics of Bergeron I would like you all to you tube bergeron's highlights and remember the incredible offensive ability he has... Bergeron is still the future pillar of this franchise and I think he is again a first liner... he put up 70 plus points with sturm and boyes as his wings and that was before boyes became the solid offensive player he has been for the blues... Anyways about Savard... I highly doubt he wants out, don't believe everything you hear, and I would be surprised if management expects him to take any less than 6 mil, Sometimes i like milbury and other times i think he is a total moron, and in this instance i think he is an absolute idiot... also dont get me wrong, I love Savvy, but I seriously think Bergeron is back to form and a first liner again, so maybe management is thinking we can go with bergeron at 1 and krejci at 2 and spend the money that we would spend on savard on a solid D-Man and a sniper to play with Berg... that is my guess as to what management would be thinking if they let him go, but like I said I love Savvy and want him here...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

calm calm duffster, you didn't invent hockey.
    welcome on these boards as I see you're new . you don't know more than the next guy . if you're a Bruin's fan respect the others if you're not go join THE HERALD READER..ooooh  wow tough name.
    we all see you're a Boston hater.  you might just be a Giants, Yankee , Knicks and Ranger fan (maybe you became a Penguins fan now that they won the cup) Yes ,  that's right you choose the winners. YOU'RE NEVER WRONG ! 
    Everyone please pay attention to the " Winnie of the Board "! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

i watched more B's games than anyone...no i did..i did..i am spartacus...no, it is I who is spartacus...i am spartacus...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

You are an alarmist and starting rumors. Do you know who and why his family moved to Toronto? The economy is bad in canada and a member moved closer for a career.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

Don't listen to the Toronto media, they're the New York Post of hockey.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

After I had time to think alittle about this I thought Kess would stay and that didn't go so well. Savy said he would like to finish his career in Boston at a discount but it now looks like he is after 6 to 6.5 million which doesn't sound like a discount to me. Sometimes you can't believe  what a player says because he dose the opposite. I hope he stays but it is hard to trust the loyalty of players in todays NHL with big bucks on the line, after all they can't all be like Krejic.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

It will be interesting to see what happens...there is always Patrick Marleu who is a UFA and you can almost bet we won't re-up with San Jose. I bet Montreal and Toronto push hard for him which would most likely will drive the price of Savard Higher.
    I might get sick every time the Bruins play Toronto next season if they have Savard & Kessel!
    Would be funny if the Bruins got Marleu...he was drafted right after Joe, and in my opinion, should have been included in the infamous Trade with San Jose.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Savard May Want Out:
    [QUOTE]Interesting report on Hockey Night in Canada reported that new contract talks have not gone well with Marc Savard. According to the report Marc's family has moved to Toronto. Interesting stuff It was funny to hear Mike Milbury comment on Marc Savard. Mike commented on Marc's defense. Mike also commented on Marc's Salary saying that he was not worth anymore than the 5 million he is getting paid. Mike did comment on this more than once. When someone commented he maybe seeking around 6 to 6.5 million Mike totally disagreed. It seems that next year Marc Savard, Mark Reechi could be gone. Who in their right mind will call the B's contenders. Patrice |Bergeron is not someone you can build around and neither is Krejci. Neither one is a stud number two center. IU must admit Krejci has the potential as a number two however Bergeron don't think so. If Bruins cannot sign Marc Savard hope they trade him this year to get a first round pick and perhaps a second and a half decent player. Boston could be in a good postion to rebuild this team. In the long run Tim Tomas' contract will be a problem Way too long to sign him.
    Posted by duffster99[/QUOTE]

First of all, Savard's family has always lived in the Toronto area. He is divorced, with three young children, and one reason why he signed with Boston is because it's easy for them to fly in for visitation.

It's also one reason he has a no trade clause in his contract. 

Secondly, Mike Milbury is a tool who can't evaluate talent to save his life. This is a guy who had a large hand in destroying the Islanders franchise when he was a GM, who traded, among others, Zdeno Chara and Roberto Luongo for next to nothing. And when he's on a TV panel, he'll do anything short of climbing up on the table and dropping his pants to call attention to himself; he loves playing the contrarian role, and he loves criticizing players. Since he was a terrible GM and a mediocre player, I don't know where he gets the credibility, but whatever.  

Thirdly, if you look at the NHL today and the current market, Savard is underpaid. That's just the reality of it. If he chooses free agency, he will without a doubt get more than $6 million per.

As far as signing a new contract with the Bruins, well, there are several considerations for Savvy. As I've said, he'll want to be close to his children, so he's not going to San Jose or Vancouver. At his age, he wants to play for a winner, so he's not going to the Islanders, and I'd imagine he'd hesitate at the idea of Toronto, even if they do improve. But also at his age, he'd probably want a long-term contract, and I don't blame him for that. 

And then there's his comments (on NESN):

"I want to stay here," Savard continued. "This is a place I love. I love the people. I love the fans. This is where I want to be."

If the Bruins have the money, Savard said he doesn't expect any problems ironing out a new deal with the Bruins.

"I'm not worried about the contract at all," said Savard, who led the Bruins in scoring last season with 88 points. "Peter [Chiarelli] and I have a good relationship. Ever since I came to Boston, I've given everything I had and if things work out well -- and I think they will -- then I'm going to be here for a long, long time."

That's from September, but he recently reiterated his comments for NESN. 

PS: And I don't understand why you say Recchi "may" be gone. He said when he signed his (one-year) contract that this was his last shot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbanksAK. Show FairbanksAK's posts

[QUOTE]calm calm duffster, you didn't invent hockey. welcome on these boards as I see you're new . you don't know more than the next guy . if you're a Bruin's fan respect the others if you're not go join THE HERALD READER..ooooh  wow tough name. we all see you're a Boston hater.  you might just be a Giants, Yankee , Knicks and Ranger fan (maybe you became a Penguins fan now that they won the cup) Yes ,  that's right you choose the winners. YOU'RE NEVER WRONG !  Everyone please pay attention to the " Winnie of the Board "! 
    Posted by FairbankAK[/QUOTE]

Oh joy another troll!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbanksAK. Show FairbanksAK's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Savard May Want Out :   And then there's his comments (on NESN):    "I want to stay here," Savard continued. "This is a place I love. I love the people. I love the fans. This is where I want to be."
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Oh god duninne this is free agent to be speak 101, 99% of free agents in any sport say this same exact thing during thier free agent year.

While some cheerleading fanboys like you eat this up with a spoon and preorder a new jersey for next season with the players name on the back, everyone else know it is a buisness and this is his last shot at a big contract.