Savard must be furious

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayRap11. Show JayRap11's posts

Savard must be furious

That he stayed here in Boston, could have signed a deal anywere but chose to stay here.. and im a huge savard fan.. But common, the bruins do nothing to help him out with a goal scorer, and then he gets run by cooke, and he gets to see how much his team really cares about him, by doing absolutely nothing after the hit.. what a shame, Marc i honestly wouldnt blame you for demanding a trade.. You deserve better..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

Re: Savard must be furious

And they trade his trigger man who has more points than any Bruin even though he didn't start playing until November

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Scotland, no one care about kessel...half the bruins have missed more games then him..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

In Response to Re: Savard must be furious:
    Scotland, no one care about kessel...half the bruins have missed more games then him..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Your opinion only. Then why are we the lowest scoring team in the league? Back up the "half the bruins" statement with stats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Hall or Seguin > Kessel

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

Hall or Seguin /> Kessel
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

Whatever. You are missing the point of this discussion, it is not about who comes back for Kessel, its what has happened to Savard this season including losing his scoring winger

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Below are the stats of Kessel and Sturm. I know who's stats are better because for every goal that your on the ice for when the opponent scores it's a negative off your offensive output. Guess who's are better ? Hmmmm...

(Always been my argument for Boyes career -26 +/- and 12 goals at 5Mil this year)

GP     G       A     PTS     +/-     PIM     SOG     SPCT   
    59     20     13     30        9       24      158       12.7

GP     G       A     PTS     +/-     PIM     SOG     SPCT        
    54     22     20     43        -6     15      233      9.4

Kessel's shot % stands out for as many shots that he takes (not so much). Sturm has played only 4 more game but takes less shots with a higher shooting %. Bingo!

I'm not going to sit here and say I don't miss kessel because I do but Phil not being here is not the problem. It's much deeper than that.

PS. So N0.4Bobby is it always better to just SHOOT!!! ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I think you missed the point here, I don't think Jayrap was remotely discussing kessel, just in your love for him you brought him up..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Hall or Seguin /> Kessel
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

No they are not or they would be playing here now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Savard must be furious : No they are not or they would be playing here now.
    Posted by bluefox70

Well, yeah if they were elidgable??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Didn'nt Savard sign long term after they traded Kessel? What's the point here?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Could of had them PLUS Kessel, but the GM was busy signing Begin,Bitz,Hunwick,and Recchi -

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Posted by bridgemanusa

Also true.. Scottland just loves kessel and wanted to assert him into the conversation some other way...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Posted by bridgemanusa

I think the point (which has been debated way too much) is that those that liked Kessel feel that Savard (and the Bruins in general) lost a sniper that would have benefited the team for a number of years since Savard has NOT been able to find anyone to put the puck in the net like Kessel was able to do and would have continued to do if he had remained in Boston.

Those that hate Kessel, don't think it has any bearing on how the Bruins are doing this year, in spite of their problems scoring goals.  They, instead, point to the player(s) they'll get back in the Kessel deal as more beneficial to the Bruins that what Kessel would have provided.

The truth, as always, is somewhere in between.  Kessel has 43 points (which would lead the Bruins) coming back from injuries in November playing on a last place team with no center close to Savard's talent.  The Bruins did nothing to replace his production and are suffering, in part,  as a result, however they have a lottery pick that could turn into an impact NHL player that most fans here think will be a better player than Kessel.

I think that just about covers it.  If you want to delve back into the debate I'm sure there's 1000+ posts on this forum on the topic. 

It's a deal that will be dissected for many months to come I think.......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

In Response to Re: Savard must be furious : Also true.. Scottland just loves kessel and wanted to assert him into the conversation some other way...
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Ok I'll try again and pretend there is no picture of Kessel to induce your agitation.

A quote from the original post

" But common, the bruins do nothing to help him out with a goal scorer, "

I said that they traded his trigger man.

The end. So where is the scoring coming from?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Got ya but i was still reading this as the past weeks events etc..I think that was directed at the lack of deadline movement..

and the scoring is still in the locker room, I think if most of the bruins performed up to last years standards, the additional goals from bergeron and sturm would have made up for kessel, the fact is if he was on this team right now i am sure he would be underproducing as well...

There is a much bigger problem then that in the locker room, or with coaching or something..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

give kessel a rest. seriously.

go dig up some old joe thornton threads

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayRap11. Show JayRap11's posts

im talking about the team doing nothing for savard since moving kessel.. personally i could care less about Kessel, i think hes just a lil selfish punk if you ask me.. My problem was the fact that Savard made it a point to say HE WANTED TO STAY IN BOSTON.. and what has Boston done for him? Besides not helping him with any scoring help, or even making it a point after the hit, that his team cared about him going down.. if i remember correctly the worst thing that happend was Michael Ryder Throwing a punch.. thats it.. The guy is without question one of the top 5 playmakers in the league, and bruins need to find him someone to get the puck to.. If I was savard I would be furious with management, and the rest of the team, for not doing a thing after the hit..  just out of curiousity did Cooke even get suspended? if not the NHL is a fukin joke..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Jayrap....do you watch hockey???  My 7 year old daughter knows that Cooke didn't get suspended!!!  As for Kessel why stop there???  Esposito got shipped off to New York back in the seventies....lets keep talking about that!!!!!  He was one of the Bruins best goal scorers ever!!  Kessel is a leaf!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ancient history!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayRap11. Show JayRap11's posts

Hey Schottm50 i just wasnt sure if he had been suspended at that point.. i knew he hadnt this morning and this afternoon.. just didnt know if one came down and i hadnt seen it yet.. that ok CHAMP? as for Kessel like i said i could care less.. he can go play his selfish ways over in Toronto i dont care.. so stop talking about kessel as i said nothing about him, and im actually glad they traded that one move, money hungry chump.. so read the post before you talk.. my point is management still has done nothing to get him a goal scorer.. do i watch hockey?? lol..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ryder was the reason we lost Kessel...but Kessel is going to be Seguin in a few months,...Kessel or Seguin...hmmm...I'll take the unknown player that projects to be a stud in all avenues of the game.

I agree though that Savard hasnt had much to work with..

I am just glas he is locked up long term...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

The best thing the BRUINS could do for SAVY is to WIN!!!!!!!!!! The longer the season is extended the more of a chance SAVY has to play. Even if he can't play til September, a BRUINS TEAM THAT HAS A LONG PLAYOFF RUN is a team that could make the season worth all the pain and frustration........ GO BRUINS!!! GO!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from khilborn. Show khilborn's posts

ENOUGH WITH KESSEL ALREADY!!  The snot nosed brat wanted out of Boston and forced a trade.  Would you really want someone in our dressing room after they bitched and moaned that they wanted out?  Some people on here have no clue!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I think Savard is too sleepy to be furious.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Savard must be furious : I think the point (which has been debated way too much) is that those that liked Kessel feel that Savard (and the Bruins in general) lost a sniper that would have benefited the team for a number of years since Savard has NOT been able to find anyone to put the puck in the net like Kessel was able to do and would have continued to do if he had remained in Boston. Those that hate Kessel, don't think it has any bearing on how the Bruins are doing this year, in spite of their problems scoring goals.  They, instead, point to the player(s) they'll get back in the Kessel deal as more beneficial to the Bruins that what Kessel would have provided. The truth, as always, is somewhere in between.  Kessel has 43 points (which would lead the Bruins) coming back from injuries in November playing on a last place team with no center close to Savard's talent.  The Bruins did nothing to replace his production and are suffering, in part,  as a result, however they have a lottery pick that could turn into an impact NHL player that most fans here think will be a better player than Kessel. I think that just about covers it.  If you want to delve back into the debate I'm sure there's 1000+ posts on this forum on the topic.  It's a deal that will be dissected for many months to come I think.......
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

Generally I like what you say LoveRealHockey, but, Kessel couldn't check his mother into a hotel.  He was so prolific in the Olympics, heh? It will take two years before you find tough enough players on his line to compensate for Kessel's scoring skills. He received bad advise.  

Now the end of your note is correct, time to move on with the trade.  Toronto has some more moves to make, now the Bruins do with the lame thinking hit delivered by Mr. Cooke and I might say Colin Campbell.