Savard should shoot more

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cad11. Show cad11's posts

Savard should shoot more

In the last few games Savard has passed up numerous good shooting opportunities. I know he is a great passer and that is his game. The way he gets pucks to guys is just amazing. But sometimes he should shoot when he is open in the slot or on two on ones. He has a good shot and he should use it - a wrist shot that scores from the slot counts the same as a pretty tap in. Defencemen and goalies easily predict the pass and overplay it. His passing game would be more effective if he shot on a few of those plays to keep the defencmen and goalies honest. Sometimes it's like noboday wants to shoot. Plus many of his sweet passes are wasted on Bitz and sometimes even on Wheeler.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Re: Savard should shoot more

I agree.  He had several opportunities to shool last night and instead passed the puck.  I would much rather see him shoot in that situation and either score or potentially create a nice rebound.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

In Response to Savard should shoot more:
    [QUOTE]In the last few games Savard has passed up numerous good shooting opportunities. I know he is a great passer and that is his game. The way he gets pucks to guys is just amazing. But sometimes he should shoot when he is open in the slot or on two on ones. He has a good shot and he should use it - a wrist shot that scores from the slot counts the same as a pretty tap in. Defencemen and goalies easily predict the pass and overplay it. His passing game would be more effective if he shot on a few of those plays to keep the defencmen and goalies honest. Sometimes it's like noboday wants to shoot. Plus many of his sweet passes are wasted on Bitz and sometimes even on Wheeler.
    Posted by cad11[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was kinda thinking that too. Watched him pass a few times last night and thought, Marc, you coulda wired that one top shelf, buddy. Oh well, he's a great player and it's not my place to second guess him. Just glad we have him locked up for the rest of his career.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

But ya know, I agree witjh the other guy's post too...Kathryn Tappen IS a babe, and I would do her too! Just saying.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Agree.  Especially considering the stiffs he has on his line.  How many times does Savard feed Wheeler for a unbelievable scoring chance only to catch him off guard not expecting the pass and miss it, fan on the one timer, or just not able to finish even when he does handle it?  It is such a waste of Savard's talent and creativity to have to play on a line with guys like Paille, Bitz, ect...They have their role and do a good job at what they do, but they don't belong on a top scoring line.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I think no one will disagree with you on that and i am sure that CJ will show him the video.  Still Savard is Savard he hasd such a great vision. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Agreed. Spezza on Ottawa has the same problem.........despite both coaches telling the players to shoot more often. Funny thing is, both players have decent shots.........go figure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Once a passer always a passer first.. I am sure that CJ and PC have talked to Savy about shooting more when he can and I have seen him launch more shots at the net than normal for him... I think this guy can score 30- 35 goals year in and year out..but like all good set up guys he looks for open man and passes up the opportunity..

Sections
Shortcuts